Finally My Villan is Done "Input Please"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaddySundown

Finally My Villan is Done "Input Please"

This is a great forum. I respect all of the members and injoy the wise cracks. I would like some feed back on this Villan that took me 2 months to build. This is the first wood boat I've ever built. What a great kit. I have not ran it yet but it won't be long. I may have it over powered. The CG at is at 30%.

I am open to any idea's or criticism that anyone may have. There is nothing like a great handling tunnel.

Re:Finally My Villan is Done "Input Please"

DS,

Wow, that's a really nice looking boat!! I've only run my Villain with a K&B 3.5ss, but I think you're probably going to need to move the balance point further forward with that tune pipe O.S. Max 21. Bring some stick on lead with you when you run the boat.

Jerry Dunlap

Dad

Holy red...

Fantastic job and congratulations on building your first wood hull..

It looks like your not in the dark about the motor you have hanging on the boat as I see a stinger reducer in the pipe...Good.. The motor should be just about right for the boat. Lots of speed and good performance.

I have had best luck with a 1440 on my piped Villain and or a JGRG-25..

congratulations again

Grim ;D

OK Allen......the boat looks great! But I gotta know where you got that trick header for the pipe ???? Or have I been in the dark and just havent seen one around before...?

~ James

Hi James: I first saw the header on e-bay. It came from 707 Specialties. Buy the header that fits the K&B and get the adaptor and same header for the OS. I have not ran one yet but it's got to be better than the Iwin header.

Here's the link: http://home.earthlink.net/~namba707spec/

Grim: I got the prop coming from you and the shims so I can set the head clearance. Boy howdy today would have been a great day to run it 55 degrees :eek: but I can't get away from work until 5:30 and then it's dark. > :(

Thanks for the input.

I usually don't butt in, cause I'm not doing any O.B stuff, and I'm not very up to date on the latest. But... Please allow me to say, that is one cooooooool looking boat :eek:

Hammer

I ran the Villan yesterday and WOW! Talk about acceleration. This boat put the old boat I had the same engine on to shame.

It got a little light on the back strech and blew over just going in to the turn. After bringing it in I brought the trim angle in a little. Then the boat pick up a little porpoise. I should have stuck a couple oz. of stick on lead instead.

This boat is awesome in the the turns. I'm going to need some practice.

Grim, if you will look closely at the rear shot of my Villan you will notice a cup or hook on the inside of both tunels. This had worked very well on my full scale race boat and it seems to work great on my Villan. It hangs hard in the turns with no hooking at WOT.

What a boat, I am very pleased with this hull. The boyz in 3.5 mod OPC are in big trouble!! ;D

I ran the Villan yesterday and WOW! Talk about acceleration. This boat put the old boat I had the same engine on to shame.

It got a little light on the back strech and blew over just going in to the turn. After bringing it in I brought the trim angle in a little. Then the boat pick up a little porpoise. I should have stuck a couple oz. of stick on lead instead.

This boat is awesome in the the turns. I'm going to need some practice.

Grim, if you will look closely at the rear shot of my Villan you will notice a cup or hook on the inside of both tunels. This had worked very well on my full scale race boat and it seems to work great on my Villan. It hangs hard in the turns with no hooking at WOT.

What a boat, I am very pleased with this hull. The boyz in 3.5 mod OPC are in big trouble!! ;D
Dad

Glad to hear you got it on the water and that it is a Rocket. Im not sure i can see the hook that you speak of.

Hook on the inside of both tunnels? Can you tell me more?

I do know this, "that is one fine looking Villain" and now that it is running good it would be cool if i could get some Video for my website.

Keep us up to date and have fun with your new boat.

Grim

Grim

You've got mail with video attached.

Drawing shows hooks on the inside of the sponsons.

[/img]

Kind of a crude drawing but I think it gets the point across. ;D

Pops

You had my attention there for a few days...lol I thought that i was loosing touch with tunnel design.. lol

I now understand what you are saying. The rails that you have left in the bottom sheeting does indeed work quite well. Good job. I have done much experimenting with this and have mixed feelings. However (believe it or not) i have never tried them on the Villain S1...

Keep me posted as i would like to know more about how testing goes.

By the way.. pulling the trigger on a villain is fun. The acceleration can be nuts...

Mike

The sheeting on the rails that you call it (we need a name for these ???) go forward 2 thirds the way and then you round the rails the other 1 third and that's what keeps it from hanging in a turn. :)

No fare! If you can mail it to Grim, let us see the vid, too.

Pretty Pleeeeaaaassse!

Hammer

Hey Hammer:

I just tried to send you the video and it would not go. ??? I guess the file is to big at 6.63MB. Grim could not receive it to. I'll shorten it a little and try again tomorrow. ;D

Daddysun

Back