fiberglass cowling and canopy for hydro??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TERMINATOR

i am building a dumas circus scale kit..i know it is not the best one .but my first one..anyway i have seen a few fiberglass cowlings and canopies for them and cannot find who makes them, mine is the usual abs and i would like the glass stuf..any ideas guys..i have tried the rc boat company and they have all but that one..lol. anyway before i make a mold i want to see if someone can send me in a different direction..i am trying to replicate the one on the box with the frowning cowl?? thanks

terry

i am building a dumas circus scale kit..i know it is not the best one .but my first one..anyway i have seen a few fiberglass cowlings and canopies for them and cannot find who makes them, mine is the usual abs and i would like the glass stuf..any ideas guys..i have tried the rc boat company and they have all but that one..lol. anyway before i make a mold i want to see if someone can send me in a different direction..i am trying to replicate the one on the box with the frowning cowl?? thanks
terry
Dumas offered a fiberglass cowl for that hull as an option.

terry
hey, built 1 years ago and was just woundering maybe a steve muck- miller high life cowl? mike.

Terry, I have the same kit in my garage waiting to be built. I've ordered a full set of glass parts from Logan Unlimiteds for a second boat made using the kit as templates. One thing you need to be aware of is that Logan's cowl is made for a 5" wide engine bay so some modding may be required of the hull

Terry, I have the same kit in my garage waiting to be built. I've ordered a full set of glass parts from Logan Unlimiteds for a second boat made using the kit as templates. One thing you need to be aware of is that Logan's cowl is made for a 5" wide engine bay so some modding may be required of the hull
thanks so far fellas, anyone have a link to logan unlimiteds. i cannot find it..thank you

tk

thanks so far fellas, anyone have a link to logan unlimiteds. i cannot find it..thank you

tk
Jerry Logan dose not have web site. contact him at [email protected]

Ralph

Terry,

I just contacted the RC Boat company myself the other day. He IS in th process of making the Circus Cicus cowling that your looking for. It's the same I was looking for. He said it would be available in a few weeks. Give me your email and I'll forward you his reply. He included pics with his email to show what it was gonna look like.

Aaron

Jerry Logan dose not have web site. contact him at [email protected]

Ralph

Yes he does have a gallery

http://picasaweb.google.com/SmokinJoes.UNW

I have the exact cowl you are looking for, bought it from Dumas years ago, along with the build video for that hull. Unfortunately it is back in CA in a closet along with a brand new kit. The CC was my first hydro and I bought a second kit to remake it never got around to it.

Why don't you use the abs pieces to make a mold and then make your own cowl out of fiberglass or whatever? If you need the abs pieces I think i might have some spares I'd be willing to sell. Cheers

Terry, I have the same kit in my garage waiting to be built. I've ordered a full set of glass parts from Logan Unlimited for a second boat made using the kit as templates. One thing you need to be aware of is that Logan's cowl is made for a 5" wide engine bay so some modding may be required of the hull
Jerry Logan's, along with other hull and parts manufactures contact information is on the NAMBA Master Hull Roster - Go to the following link - click on the Scale Link and than on Hull Roster-

http://www.namba.com/content/default.asp

Marty Shallenberger

www.pnwta.org

Terry, I have the same kit in my garage waiting to be built. I've ordered a full set of glass parts from Logan Unlimited for a second boat made using the kit as templates. One thing you need to be aware of is that Logan's cowl is made for a 5" wide engine bay so some modding may be required of the hull
Jerry Logan's, along with other hull and parts manufactures contact information is on the NAMBA Master Hull Roster - Go to the following link - click on the Scale Link and than on Hull Roster-

Marty Shallenberger

www.pnwta.org
I used to make that hull. I may have a new or used rear left over. Doug Shepherd DPS racing Hulls

Marty Shallenberger

www.pnwta.org
I used to make that hull. I may have a new or used rear left over. Doug Shepherd DPS racing Hulls
guys thanks for the response, and i got a email from rc boat company stating the same thing, they will have them done in a couple weeks ..so i preordered a pair of them..doug when you say you made that hull do you have a complete hull or do you still make them on request?

terry

Marty Shallenberger

www.pnwta.org
guys thanks for the response, and i got a email from rc boat company stating the same thing, they will have them done in a couple weeks ..so i preordered a pair of them..doug when you say you made that hull do you have a complete hull or do you still make them on request?

terry
I sold the molds to that hull and cowling about 5 years ago.I have some parts left over from the past. I think I have a left over Cowling. Doug

Marty Shallenberger

www.pnwta.org

terry
I sold the molds to that hull and cowling about 5 years ago.I have some parts left over from the past. I think I have a left over Cowling. Doug
any chance that the person or person's you sold them too are building them? i have sen these glass scales and im intrested..i really like the scale boats i just dont want to be the guy that go's crazy making them pinpoint accruate..thanks doug

terry

terry

Marty Shallenberger

www.pnwta.org

terry
any chance that the person or person's you sold them too are building them? i have sen these glass scales and im intrested..i really like the scale boats i just dont want to be the guy that go's crazy making them pinpoint accruate..thanks doug

terry

terry

I do not even know were the molds ended up. I have not seen anything that was ever made from them after I sold them. I have all the plugs that they were from. Scale boats have had to make big changes in the past few years. Because of engines and prop tech changes. Hulls one year were the fastest on the water, the next year they are in the back of the pack. Doug Shepherd DPS RACING

Last edited:
Back