Fall Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Bullard

I wanted to start a new post on the Fall Nationals. The CMB club did a outstanding job this year. I saw that the whole club came together to put this race on with no division between gas and nitro. And it showed in the end. There were a few problems but they did get work out. So all Charleston Club members and helpers give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.

Now the race. I have never seen the amount of good running boats at any race in all the years that I have been racing. And this goes for Gas and Nitro. I do believe the top boats/drivers in the country were there. Every race was a barn burner full of bad fast boats. And to win any heat you had to have a great boat and your A-game on driving and a whole lot of luck. And I mean a lot of luck. If you had a simple screw up you were done. I know that my D hydro class was done for when I jump the clock in the first round by 6". My twin just had new boat setup problems but was looking good at the end. But I had good races with both boats for what it was.

So for all the racers that were able to win a class or trophy in a class you should know that you have earned it straight up with no one giving it to you. Good job for everyone for making this one to the greatest races I have ever seen in thirty plus years and to be proud to be part of it.

Well said Mark!!, AGAIN THANKS TO ALL!!! and without a doubt "STIFF COMPETITION" and every heat was a barn burner,lol...will be looking forward to next years race..... I'm certain its only going to get bigger and better!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree and as part of that competition I want to give an adult size thata boy to my 7 year old driver gage allan. Thats right 7 years old and he drove his little tale off and only got into 2 inncidents and they were fast boats that came up on him and took their selvs out. Great job little man.

Awesome gathering of Racers, Friends and Families !!! I look forward to this race all year long and each time I go I have a blast !! A total thrash from beginning to end but worth every minute ! The Lake Monsters reached out and grabbed us several times this race and claimed their prey !!!!!!! Long hours on the CD stand for the many CD's that volunteered their time ...THANK YOU ALL !

There were some super tight heats with blistering starts and heated battles for position that really got my blood pumping in several classes . **** that was fun!!!! Great yard party food fest saturday night with the bonfire was a highlight for me and really makes this race special . My hat's off to the Charleston Model Boaters for another SUPER FALL NATIONALS !!!!!!!! THANKS !

I agree and as part of that competition I want to give an adult size thata boy to my 7 year old driver gage allan. Thats right 7 years old and he drove his little tale off and only got into 2 inncidents and they were fast boats that came up on him and took their selvs out. Great job little man.
Is this the young man?

IMG_0662.jpg

Thats him lol what a role model he choose in those Atwells ...lol . But seeing him all cool and relax made me think of how fun it should be not all the fighting going on .i go to allot of races and you don't really see that many kids his age even in the hobby. Seem sad the youngest kids i remember are brandon , and josh that are in dist 3 at most races. I think we all should make a true effort in growing a class for young kids to enjoy. And build a future in our Hobby. He was even one of the only ones i saw dumping the water out of the boats on the edge of the dock instead on the walk way that was extremely slippery. It even made me think twice before i dumped the water out of my boat lol

Another great race in the books CMB!!!!!! I would throw out names but I am afraid I would miss someone so, club members, CD's, turn judges, retrieve boaters, grounds keepers, JJ (nice shirts.... ;) ), racers, callers, and everyone else involved, thank you!!!!!! See ya at the 2013 WTC!!!!!...... ;)

I had a great time and put lots of faces with names from our great iw community.

To say it in the least and best words,

Fast boats,great compition and a great job by the hosting Cmb club.

I will be back next year.

P.S, I will be wearing my goofy hat next year for those to recognize me better.lol

Thanks Tony! That is one happy boy! The hard part of being in second grade is he had to go home and do homework last night.

Is this the young man?

View attachment 40813
Thanks Mark See the smile on that boys face.

Thats him lol what a role model he choose in those Atwells ...lol . But seeing him all cool and relax made me think of how fun it should be not all the fighting going on .i go to allot of races and you don't really see that many kids his age even in the hobby. Seem sad the youngest kids i remember are brandon , and josh that are in dist 3 at most races. I think we all should make a true effort in growing a class for young kids to enjoy. And build a future in our Hobby. He was even one of the only ones i saw dumping the water out of the boats on the edge of the dock instead on the walk way that was extremely slippery. It even made me think twice before i dumped the water out of my boat lol
Thanks Raul appreciate you guys! Gage will be racing with you guys next year. He has gone to the Dark Side. Richie has given him his Stock cat boat rtr. Thanks Richie

Another great race in the books CMB!!!!!! I would throw out names but I am afraid I would miss someone so, club members, CD's, turn judges, retrieve boaters, grounds keepers, JJ (nice shirts.... ;) ), racers, callers, and everyone else involved, thank you!!!!!! See ya at the 2013 WTC!!!!!...... ;)
Thanks Ron Shaw for the Fast B tunnel. I will never forget Thursday night Gage Racing Ron Drake During practice. I don't think Ron ever had any idea. Gage laid the hammer down, held it tight on the bouys, and pushed in the corners. He had my adrenalin going.That Leecraft held in the corners at full throttle no problem. Thanks Again It was great to be with family.

Thanks also to Bob Kensel For your help with Gages 40 Boat. Bob you are always there reaching out a helping hand! Thanks for your service and commitment to the hobby.

Thanks Robin for helping Gage with the KB 3.5 I can't believe you drove all night and went to work. Now that is commitment.

Thanks Ron Shaw for the Fast B tunnel. I will never forget Thursday night Gage Racing Ron Drake During practice. I don't think Ron ever had any idea. Gage laid the hammer down, held it tight on the bouys, and pushed in the corners. He had my adrenalin going.That Leecraft held in the corners at full throttle no problem. Thanks Again It was great to be with family.
Hahaha. Thats awesome Rick. Im glad he enjoyed running my old XTR LeeCraft. Its still a very competitive boat and I was hoping Gage would have a great time running it. We all had a blast watching him run this weekend and the "fresh air" he brings to the hobby. One of my favorite moments of the weekend was when he walked off the drivers stand after finishing one of his heats to the applause of everyone in the pits and surrounding the drivers stand. That smile he had was worth a million bucks!!!!

He is welcome to run the boat again at the next race we attend. Just let me know........ :)

One more note of thanks. Thanks to John Knight for his hard work to pull off a race of this magnitude. Also for his vision to create a race called the Fall Nationals. I remember our fall race in Walterboro when I first started racing. There were 3 gas boats in three classes brought by three people. There were three 40 tunnels. I was a water baby that year. Got Third place out of three in 40 tunnel. I was happy. Then we move to Johns Island because of my relationship with Jo Tumbleston, racing on his little pond across from his house. Then Jo said we could race in the big pond next door. I said what pond? I couldn't see it for the trees. I said Oh wow. The rest is history. Thanks John For your hard work and for your vision of a race of this magnitude bringing the best Racers from around the country.

Back