F Hydro and Twin Rigger CID's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are already racing just like that john. WE have ran 3 heats & let the 4th heat be the LCQ then the Shootout. We have raced 3 rounds & let the 4th round be the Shootout. It is already HAPPENING at some races. So the twin racers are aware of how it works. p.s. most of the time the top 3 or top 6 have been determined after 3 full rounds of racing. Dont too much change on the 4th round. the Club should consider asking the racers what they want?? they are the ones racing these classes, But it does no good to make suggestions if it falls on deaf ears. Good Luck!!!!
"What do you twin guys think", is that not asking the racers what they want? No deaf ears here dude. Blimey!!

You don't need two eng or three eng to go fast. I think it is just mine is bigger than your thing if you ask me.

Hope John is planing what I think he is so the fast boats can run fast with out any supper tankers getting in the way.

If so I will be there.

David
as much as i love to see twins race,there are guys out there like me that only run single engine boats.i know that the rules state twins run in x/f class with single(and yes if i sold the heads off my drag car) i could build 4 of the twins and woope doo)yes $12,000 for cyl heads!some people have other hobbies than toy boats! if it happens that singles run alone,it would make it alittle more fun for us,if not we will cal the DOT and fill the potholes! :p

You don't need two eng or three eng to go fast. I think it is just mine is bigger than your thing if you ask me.

Hope John is planing what I think he is so the fast boats can run fast with out any supper tankers getting in the way.

If so I will be there.

David
as much as i love to see twins race,there are guys out there like me that only run single engine boats.i know that the rules state twins run in x/f class with single(and yes if i sold the heads off my drag car) i could build 4 of the twins and woope doo)yes $12,000 for cyl heads!some people have other hobbies than toy boats! if it happens that singles run alone,it would make it alittle more fun for us,if not we will cal the DOT and fill the potholes! :p
Mike it is why we have a Rule book........ write proposal & change the rule book......... or change the race flier. We have been racing twins in F class since way before i started racing...... Boaters can decide if they want to race or not....

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

All of the advance planning for the race has been done. I have spoken with several people about the heat race format and the shootout format. In the best interest of the planning done already by the club members and not being able to query all of the racers that a decision like this would affect, we shall remain with the heat race format. It would be a major deviation from the past method of racing at the Fall Nationals without having the proper time and opportunity to vet it through enough people that would attend or not attend based upon that decision. The 1/8th Scale class is done along the heat race format and not the alternative main and consolation method. The best interest of the Fall Nationals is paramount most of all. Please choose to attend or not attend, but respect our decision and do not flame us.

John

What is being expressed (IMO) is the interest to have apples race apples. Most of the twin drivers look forward to their heats and the competition of that class. Here is the comparison of what most of the guys are looking at.

Would the top 3 1/8 scale drivers want to be in shootout with the top 3 Thunderboats????

Not Flaming, expressing an opinion.

Guys,

All of the advance planning for the race has been done. I have spoken with several people about the heat race format and the shootout format. In the best interest of the planning done already by the club members and not being able to query all of the racers that a decision like this would affect, we shall remain with the heat race format. It would be a major deviation from the past method of racing at the Fall Nationals without having the proper time and opportunity to vet it through enough people that would attend or not attend based upon that decision. The 1/8th Scale class is done along the heat race format and not the alternative main and consolation method. The best interest of the Fall Nationals is paramount most of all. Please choose to attend or not attend, but respect our decision and do not flame us.
I'm just going for the PARTY !! Gonna be hard to top the Redneck Games from last year and that hellacious Bonfire . Oh yeah..... there is some racing that weekend !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya like Tom said, don't piss on the fire. Good race Great people wonderful lake site. Fun Party after dark, SOUTHERN LIKE! :rolleyes:

Guys,

I'm just going for the PARTY !! Gonna be hard to top the Redneck Games from last year and that hellacious Bonfire . Oh yeah..... there is some racing that weekend !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I go for the apple pie... maybe race some boats if there is time :lol:

But if we wanna change classes around... id rather race the twin with the nitro's, then race offshore with the nitro's again. :p

If so I will be there.

David
Mike it is why we have a Rule book........ write proposal & change the rule book......... or change the race flier. We have been racing twins in F class since way before i started racing...... Boaters can decide if they want to race or not....
hey joe, i do not race enough durring the season to go and throw a wrench in the works.yes,when i raced NAMBA it was the same way,twins vs. single.i would never not show up at any race just because of the rules or club choise.it's all good fun and i am just looking foward to getting together with friend's and having a good time,and smelling NITRO! :D

If so I will be there.

David
hey joe, i do not race enough durring the season to go and throw a wrench in the works.yes,when i raced NAMBA it was the same way,twins vs. single.i would never not show up at any race just because of the rules or club choise.it's all good fun and i am just looking foward to getting together with friend's and having a good time,and smelling NITRO! :D
We have raced Singles in F hydro & Beat the Twins. Got F Singles & F Twins Both........ Its called Gentlemen Select your Weapon of Choice.........

I have to agree with Joe. If we can run Twin it's legal and should be allowed. It's a f class not a single engine class.

If you don't allow twins to run in F hydro because single engine riggers are complaining change the impba rules. We are here to race not to make everyone happy. use the rules and follow them.

Choose your weapon of choice and pray a Twin Rigger doesn't blow by you doing Mach V.

Julian

I you don't allow the twins to run in F Hydro some will not show up. Thomas you need to do some more out of state racing like Evansville and Huntsville bring the twin guys from Florida we have some of the fastest twins up north.

Julian

I you don't allow the twins to run in F Hydro some will not show up. Thomas you need to do some more out of state racing like Evansville and Huntsville bring the twin guys from Florida we have some of the fastest twins up north.

Julian

That was never stated at any time. Reread post #1 and you will see clearly what you can run in the F Hydro and the twin classes. You CAN run a twin in the F Hydro class but you ARE limited to the CID sizes in the rule book. That is THE point of the post in the first place. Nothing more. The singles can run in F Hydro at any time, How some of you guys get these ideas gets me wondering sometimes.

The Fall Nationals will have the usual F Hydro, the Twin Nitro and the Twin Gas Rigger classes. And something else too. Later this week the race registration will be open so just be patient a little longer. The final race background work is being completed now. The race will have an announcement under the Races thread.

We are here to race not to make everyone happy.
We'll keep this in mind next time you're not happy about something Julian. A club can deviate and limit F to singles at ANY time if they put it on the flyer, wouldn't be the first time it's happened either when twin class was also offered. And BTW- got news for you and your "mach v" comment, it's not uncommon at all for a single to be faster, the problem is the holes left by twins. I have like Joe has raced twins in the past with a single and won straight up. And for what it's worth even being a HARD CORE twin guy a single only F class certainly wouldn't keep me away from a great race, I'd just bring both! B)

B) NAMBA has opened it up allowing RS101`s in both there X Classes & Twin classes. Meaning you can race a RS101 Twin in both If you are NAMBA........ I like the fact it allows the classes to grow......... If I lived in Florida racing area I would have nothing but RS101`s. However those Florida guys Do get a lot of Fast laps out of the VAC-91 engines... The VAC91 is the best engine choice IF you are re-powering a older boat, They dont burn as much fuel as the Rs101 & the older boats are limited on how big the tanks can be. Most (36oz total)..... The New RR twin hauls 50-51 oz`s & a set of Modified / Thirsty Engines will need every bit of it. Especially if the Air is Good/cool & you have to run Rich needles. Many benefits to the NEW RR TWIN of Mid 2010 to Current Design. Ralph can feel you in if you have questions? Can Haul More Fuel, Handle Bigger more Powerful Engines & Handle the Race Chop @ Higher Speeds. If you are buying a New Boat the RS101 engine choice is a No Brainer........... However if you are repowering a existing older Twin boat with limited fuel tank sizes? You are limited to what you can achive........ B) B)

Latest posts

Back