F Hydro and Twin Rigger CID's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

Guys,

If you do not know what the max engine size or CID for the F Hydro and Twin Rigger classes are currently, they are as follows as stated in the IMPBA rule book, section K, page K-3:

F Hydro - max of 1.83"

Twin Rigger - max of 2.50"

The twin class cid was increased about 2 years to 2.50". The F Hydro class was NOT bumped up. The max size you can use in F Hydro is twin 91's to be under the limit of 1.83". There are a lot of big races coming up that are offering both classes so make sure you are familiar with the size limits before the race. It will be no fun if you are planning to run twin 1.01's in the F Hydro class and then not be allowed to run. Single engine boats will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will (Rigged) has it correct.

There will be a unique twist for the F Hydro class coming up for the Fall Nationals at Charleston in October. The race announcement should be made later this coming week. The big block hydro racers will like it.

whats interesting is there has already been twin 1 cubers running in F-hydro. :blink:

Will (Rigged) has it correct.

There will be a unique twist for the F Hydro class coming up for the Fall Nationals at Charleston in October. The race announcement should be made later this coming week. The big block hydro racers will like it.

When can I send my entries.

if your talking about Joe Warren will in atlanta he had Twin 101 in one boat and 91RS engines on the other Twin.. there the same case just different P/L

julian

whats interesting is there has already been twin 1 cubers running in F-hydro. :blink:

Are you sure about Will????

I knew id get you to surface with that statement :p

but what Julian just said does make it quite interesting. No telling if any of the twin boats that have caps that SAY 91RS are really that.. unless ya just protest all of em :lol:

if your talking about Joe Warren will in atlanta he had Twin 101 in one boat and 91RS engines on the other Twin.. there the same case just different P/L

julian
Maybe he did not realize there were two different Twin boats 1 with yellow decals RS101 Boat, 1 Boat with Chrome decals RS91 Boat, Fixen to be another New One, Just need to get it together..... B) NAMBA Boats wil have a problem crossing over to IMPBA Cause they allow there RS101 Twin Boats to race in X & Twin class.... No One mentioned that the GAS TWIN class weight is 30 lbs in NAMBA & only 24 LBS in IMPBA. Maybe they need some Scales in Charleston when the NAMBA GAS Twin Cross Over to IMPBA???? Also IMPBA does not allow the Gas Twin to run the 29.5 Jugs on the GAS Engines. X-2 they exceed the CID for GAS TWINS in IMPBA....... Good Point John there are several things you need to look @ while you are LOOKING......... :blink:

Its very easy to tell if someone has the 36mm cylinders on a twin boat...dont even have to take the motors apart, or measure anything :)

And the NAMBA Twin gas guys seem to all be going to the inline engines (fake twins!).. so they actually weigh less then you think since they are basically using standard size gas tubs :blink:

Its very easy to tell if someone has the 36mm cylinders on a twin boat...dont even have to take the motors apart, or measure anything :)

And the NAMBA Twin gas guys seem to all be going to the inline engines (fake twins!).. so they actually weigh less then you think since they are basically using standard size gas tubs :blink:
The Gas twins will never run with a Big Block Nitro Twin, We have not reached the other limits of the props yet with the NITRO TWINS. It would be interesting to built a Triple with 3 RS101.

The Gas twins will never run with a Big Block Nitro Twin, We have not reached the other limits of the props yet with the BIG BLOCK NITRO TWINS. It would be interesting to built a Triple with 3 RS101.
dont recall ever claiming they would....in fact, ive been one to say this as Julian wants me to race him with my twin, and i already know the speed isnt there to even be close. Nitro twin to Gas twin is apples to oranges. All we have going for us is creating bigger holes due to weight and turning bigger diameter props.. creating havok for you guys trying to run 90mph. :p

I find it amusing that everyone is talking about "Big Block" nitro twins and "1.01's" like they are new motors. :rolleyes:

The CMB 1.0" has been around for over ten years.

Glad y'all are now catching on. ;)

BS

You don't need two eng or three eng to go fast. I think it is just mine is bigger than your thing if you ask me.

Hope John is planing what I think he is so the fast boats can run fast with out any supper tankers getting in the way.

If so I will be there.

David

Latest posts

Back