F Hydro and Twin Rigger CID's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm puting a CMB VAC 91 in my SG -45 hull with big front sponsons for the Charleston F Hydro deal . gotta keep Dave Wilfong company . :D
im gonna run cat in F-hydro and really stir up some holes in the water :p
A Cat is a Legal F hydro in IMPBA........ It is the class it can run in.......
Correct as long as it is nitro powered. Gas is no longer allowed in F class racing as this got changed a few years back to allow gas only races to be held during the same week as the Internats.

Last edited by a moderator:
More nitro food for thought. In IMPBA you can run as many motors you want in the nitro classes except Scale and Sport 40. So how many motors has anyone seen before. I have seen four 21's in a hydro for F class. Also seen three 60's in a hydro for F class. How many 12's could we get? LOL

I'm puting a CMB VAC 91 in my SG -45 hull with big front sponsons for the Charleston F Hydro deal . gotta keep Dave Wilfong company . :D
Now if you swap eng and sponsons in between heats that would be the ticket. :lol: :lol: :lol:

More nitro food for thought. In IMPBA you can run as many motors you want in the nitro classes except Scale and Sport 40. So how many motors has anyone seen before. I have seen four 21's in a hydro for F class. Also seen three 60's in a hydro for F class. How many 12's could we get? LOL

We could put all the 12's on a belt system like Copeland did with the 12 EFI'S in his 40Ft cat some years back!!! :eek: :eek: :lol: :D

B) NAMBA has opened it up allowing RS101`s in both there X Classes & Twin classes. Meaning you can race a RS101 Twin in both If you are NAMBA........ I like the fact it allows the classes to grow......... If I lived in Florida racing area I would have nothing but RS101`s. However those Florida guys Do get a lot of Fast laps out of the VAC-91 engines... The VAC91 is the best engine choice IF you are re-powering a older boat, They dont burn as much fuel as the Rs101 & the older boats are limited on how big the tanks can be. Most (36oz total)..... The New RR twin hauls 50-51 oz`s & a set of Modified / Thirsty Engines will need every bit of it. Especially if the Air is Good/cool & you have to run Rich needles. Many benefits to the NEW RR TWIN of Mid 2010 to Current Design. Ralph can feel you in if you have questions? Can Haul More Fuel, Handle Bigger more Powerful Engines & Handle the Race Chop @ Higher Speeds. If you are buying a New Boat the RS101 engine choice is a No Brainer........... However if you are repowering a existing older Twin boat with limited fuel tank sizes? You are limited to what you can achive........ B) B)
I am hoping to re- power my Twin 90 boat with a set of the latest 101's when conditions allow and run the LittleRed Boat in F hydro (Twin VAC 91's ) . At least thats the plan ..gotta love the 101 sound barking orders !!

:D :D :D

Quad 21's.... any pics? :blink: :blink:

This discussion is as useless as it could be. I can cut a couple of steps on my Seaducer strakes and call it a hydro.

This discussion is as useless as it could be. I can cut a couple of steps on my Seaducer strakes and call it a hydro.

SEE.............you just made it useful!!! What I would give for a stepped-bottom SD3

44 in long!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol:

SEE.............you just made it useful!!! What I would give for a stepped-bottom SD3

44 in long!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol:
You got the hull, i got the sawzaw...we can make that happen :lol:

We are here to race not to make everyone happy.
We'll keep this in mind next time you're not happy about something Julian.
If im not happy with what i see ill just stay home, drink beer, watch NASCAR and enjoy my weekend anyway :lol: Life too short to worry about toy boats

Julian
LMAO!! You should heed your own words J! Staying at home over a toy boat?? Now that's wearin' them big boy pants for sure! We do this because it's supposed to be FUN! ;)

Yeah with my job I have to miss alot of races pretty much my racing season it's come to a close this year. So I'll be working on what I got and getting my new Twin powered up for next year hopefully I can make more races then. The way the economy is I have to pick and choose what races to go but this year it's a scratch. Huntsville and ATL are the last 2 for the year.

Then it's fixing the old and setting up the new stuff. ;-)

Julian

There may be somewhere. But this was back in the mid 80's. I think that the boats were out of Florida.

There may be somewhere. But this was back in the mid 80's. I think that the boats were out of Florida.
Wasn't there a rigger with three .45 outboards on it? If I remember it had one on the transom and one on the back of each front sponson. I also seem to think it was painted black and white in a cow pattern or maybe I'm confusing that with another, it's been a while........ :blink:

Larry Beals had a triple K&B 7.5 inboard rigger back in the 80's, no tuned pipes, sounded awesome. That was in florida.

Wasn't there a rigger with three .45 outboards on it? If I remember it had one on the transom and one on the back of each front sponson. I also seem to think it was painted black and white in a cow pattern or maybe I'm confusing that with another, it's been a while........ :blink:
that sounds quite interesting. Im guessing only used the one on transom for steering?

Don,

............one on the transom and one on the back of each front sponson.............. ...........painted black and white in a cow pattern........... I thought I saw one like this one flying through the sky at Bonnaroo. Was you there too.

The only one I remember with 45's was Beals. Bob Londress and John Equa built a cat with three or four 7.5 outboards.

Don,

............one on the transom and one on the back of each front sponson.............. ...........painted black and white in a cow pattern........... I thought I saw one like this one flying through the sky at Bonnaroo. Was you there too.
I guess it was that stuff that was in the air!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah with my job I have to miss alot of races pretty much my racing season it's come to a close this year. So I'll be working on what I got and getting my new Twin powered up for next year hopefully I can make more races then. The way the economy is I have to pick and choose what races to go but this year it's a scratch. Huntsville and ATL are the last 2 for the year.

Then it's fixing the old and setting up the new stuff. ;-)

Julian
Bullsh@t, you better be at charlston in the fall so i can show you how to hug a buoy with a rigger!! :D

Latest posts

Back