Epoxy, Delrin, and Wood....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackout

I might machine a Delrin servo mount. Will Delrin adhere to wood using epoxy? I have had good luck using aluminum and epoxy, but have no experience with Delrin and epoxy.

Thanks.

Yes that will work great. I have done it on a few of my CF boats without anu problem. Make sure you sand rough the side you are ging to use the expoy and if add some milled fiber it will work even better.

Jose

Cool! Yes, MAS epoxy with milled fibers is what I use with aluminum. Thanks.

delrin does not stick with epoxy, or any glue that I know of. it looks like it does till you tap it, and it falls off.same with all plastics,a little worse with delrin,cause it's so slick.do a test.glue a piece to a scrap piece of wood then grab it with pliers and see how easy it comes off. comes off real easy in a vibrating hull

Steve,

I have glued delrin before with expoxy in fact on my carbon fiber boat I made a delrin block and glued it to the floor of the engine compartment and mounted my needle value on it so far it has held up. I do have a layer of carbon fiber laminated to the 1/16" plywood. I never really thought that it would not stick correctly to wood with epoxy but I will do the test and let you know. Now I'm courious.

Thanks for your imput.

Jose

I've had delrin servo mounts in my wood sundowner ob rigger for 6 years now. Still holding tight. Bob smith epoxy & rough the delrin THOROUGHLY with 80 grit.

I've used Poly Zap CA to glue delrin to delrin as well as many other plastics that it was developed for but I've never tried it on plastic to wood. I'd do a test and see.

Thanks, John

I think Steve NAILED the answer to Craig's question. When in doubt screw it and glue it. I'm not shy about roughing up surfaces either. 40-60 grit would be my choice.

Back