engine rebuild

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron westman

wondering if the aqua 18 engine uses retaining clips on the piston pin ? mine didn't seen to have any !

wondering if the aqua 18 engine uses retaining clips on the piston pin ? mine didn't seen to have any !

No sir, the wrist pin is hollow, there are small nylon/teflon/derlin what ever it is,buttons that press in the ends of the pin. These actually ride on the sleeve. They are white and at each end of the pin, make sure they are there or (badaboom) she will be done in a hurry.

Alden

That's what i thought ! . when i took the engine apart it only had one of the white nylon buttons?

That's what i thought ! . when i took the engine apart it only had one of the white nylon buttons?

Seriously?? And the piston and sleeve didnt get touched?? I find this hard to beleive. Unless it came out when the rod broke and spit it into the pipe.

Check the pipe for that button. So if there is only one you need to order a wrist pin too.

Alden

I have check high and low for it everywere , still no button . it's a mistery . I was positive there was only one when i ripped it apart. nothing in the pipe , would it be able to shoot out the pipe.?

I have check high and low for it everywere , still no button . it's a mistery . I was positive there was only one when i ripped it apart. nothing in the pipe , would it be able to shoot out the pipe.?

sure would,, if it had enough time that is.. or ground up into powder when she came apart.. typically they would stay in there though unless the piston twisted.. guess its possible it was never there,,but i would think you would see scores in the sleeve from where the pin was riding on it..

Back