Electric Villian Questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Whitt

After seeing the build party pics,Im sold.I am Absolutley going to run a Villian at the FE NATS.

Should I wait untill the SS2 is ready?

Do you think that the nitro designed sponson dyhedral will work ok withe extra weight of the batteries or would a shallower angle work better...Im clueless...

Dennis

First did i get back to you on that e-mail? I dont think i did yet..hang tight.

First i would not change a thing. The angles will work with the weight af an FE version. Just ask Jerry D as his glow Villain weighs 10 lbs ;D...kidding...love the f r o g gang...

Now for the VII, the good news is that,,well we have no news except that a new tunnel boat will not be avalaibe for some time and along with that i would think that one would not be ready by the nats. Humm...thats not much of a exlpnation is it...lol

Here kitty kitty, get back in the bag.. :-X ;)

Grim ;D

Are you able to let us all know what you thoughts are about the Villain Mike...to do with the angles and stuff that is ;)

I am still trying to get one, and i may have one soon...just gotta wait and see :) Cant Wait!

Kris

Thanks,Got your EM. :'(Cant wait to get my Villian After the Rum Runner Race.Too bad OPC isnt being raced at Michigan Cup.But check this out,In unlimited Off shore there will be a 56"64 cell dual drive boat out there!!! Wow!!!!

Dennis, if you get it done, bring it to the Nats anyway. I'm going to try to make it up there.

I know where Stockbridge is, I had to deliver some Monkey blood up there one night to a Vet's office behind the McDonald's.

I started on my electric Villian conversion today.Here is what I have decided.

I will not be using the radio box.I will be permanently attaching a cowell to the hull and cut a hatch into the cowell for radio gear and battery placement.Im going to dig out the complete center area from the motor mount routings to the routed out area were the radio box would have been.I also plan to run a couple of carbon fiber toobs latteraly so that I wont loose any hull stiffness.I also hollowed out all of the sponson formers.I plan on using the stock sponson bottoms but I will be replacing the side and tops with balsa sheet laminated with 1/64th ply.I was wondering if there are any plans availanle for that Rinker cowell.It would probably be EZ to copy from the pictures but having some plans would make for smother go.Target weight ,12.5 ounces empty hull.If I have missed anything please let me know.This is a nice hull and I dont want to mess it up.But equally important is its EZ use for Electric.

Hey Dennis, good ideas you got there!

Have you decided what setup you will hang off the back?

Also atre you going to change the position of the radio box to the back? or leave it stock?

Kris

Dennis

If you get the chance pick a day and come to the Nitro Internats the 5th throught the 13? of july in MI. I dont know how far it is for you to drive but i would love to see the boat.

One more note is that we do a lot of go carting after the races and so you might want to hang around for that too. Can you say HELLO WALL..

He he he

Grim

That would be great.Were are they.I would love to meat you.The Villian is comming along fine.I ditched 12.5 ounces all up weight.I think 15 to 16 ounces is more realistic.

Is this the regular kit? Dennis I might have my tunnel done by the CAFE Cup so maybe we can play around between heats.

what are the dimensions of this kit Grim and price please

Thanks

Brooks

Brooks93,

The price of the boat from Mike (Grimracer) is $154.95 from his website.

The dimensions are:

L = 28"

W = 11 3/4"

Good Luck!

probably going to have to look into the Villian if my tunnel project doesn't turn out.. Building on from plans and its my first time so it might get ugly

Brooks

Kelly, are you still going to build the Dunlap 27?...or try to :)

The Villain is REAL nice, i just wish i could get more time to finish it off LOL...it is real straight forward and is recommened by all who have built one, or just driven one!

Kris

Sweet...good luck on the rest of the Build!!

Lots of pics and stuff when its doen also!!!

Oh, did you have any luck with finding a lower unit?

Kris

Sweet...good luck on the rest of the Build!!

Lots of pics and stuff when its doen also!!!

Oh, did you have any luck with finding a lower unit?

Kris

Latest posts

Back