Edina Model Yacht Club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AValentine

Just completed a large update to the clubs website at www.emyc.org

Now with ASP forms available I can only hope to get more content generated by the membership!! 100+ members annually, you'd think?? : :) Look for more articles and photos in the album over the summer.

As our FE group (including me) will be traveling to Mazomanie along with Batavia, IL look for articles and photos on those outings. We'll also hold our second annual ;) FE Spectacular here in Edina, MN on Saturday, September 20th! Spec class racing being the focus, other modified classes run to wow the spectators.

Hello Andy,

Cool beans, I've been waiting for the FE date! It's on my list of "must dos" again this year.

Paul.

We're looking forward to it! We'll also do more work locally to advertise the event and hook some more locals perhaps.

With the first year of racing across Edina, Mazo, and Batavia we can progress towards a Midwest series.

LS Offshore could be considered our "club spec" now with LS Hydro gaining ground. On a perfect night we could have 10 Electro Vee's on the water at once this summer! 10 boats on the water for 10 laps? 8)

Thanks, for date Andy.

I'm stuffing envelopes today. Sending about 100 registration packages.

We've got lots of interest, but the numbers haven't shown at the pond with boats yet. A couple EV's are on the bench.

Lot's of car guys have been coming out to watch, all showing interest in getting a boat.

Added one LS mono, so now there are 3.

Andy

that site looks better and better!

Great work

I like the class outlines

Hey how are you finding the 6 cell spec class runs - what sort of times speeds are you getting?

I'd have to admit our primary focus has become the LS Offshore and Hydro classes, just too **** much fun. However, the LS Mono is a fun "quick" race for 4 laps.

Depending on the hull, the prop size can vary quite a bit. If I set my Oval master up to finish 5 laps, 4 lap race plus J start and accident avoidance it's will run between 22-23mph on radar. If your chameleon is having a GOOD day perhaps 24-25 is within reach on a smaller prop.

The Chameleon isn't that much faster than a ROAR stock, however with less timing locked into the can we find it's less abusive heat wise. They are easy to rebuild, and we'll run an entire season on one or two sets of brushes.

Back