dumas AVL U-1

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitronewbie

My very first post -- too cool!! I 'm in the middle of my winter porject. I" building a Dumas ALV U-1 36" to run in IMPBA sport 40 class.

A couple of questions?? first Do I run with the wing to mimck the real thing or just leave it off. And

second, With my OPS 45 installed where I think it needs to be?? where does the fuel tank fit. I would like to put it in the nose. But with the ruler in one hand and my dubro cataloge in my other hand looking at tank dimensions, nothing fits??

Looking forward to putting faces with names through out the summer thanks

from **** cold michigan John

John

Sure you can run the wing.. it will run OK but could suffer possible damage in a blow over or other mishap.. Just extra stuff to fix if anything happens thats all..

Realiy..its not that simple as the wing can upset the handling of the boat but you get the idea…looks over function.. its best to do it the way you would like it to look.. if you are new to sport 40 this will not be your last boat (way to much fun) so have fun learning with this one. Make it look just the way you want and the running part will come as you progress.

The best thing to do with the tank is have one made to fit.. There are a few shops (myself include) that can make a tank just for your boat.

Keep us posted on the project.

From Frigid WI

Grimracer

Thnaks mike Not sure what I'm doing with the wing yet, but they do look cool.

As far as the fuel tank, I'm one of the stubborn ones that wants to do things himself

and I may attempt building my own. But I have seen your products and they are top notch. If my attempt falls short, you will hear from me. Thanks

I have a few sport 40's and it only took alittle cutting to get a tank to fit in the nose. As for the wing, I have seen them used, but I never ran one my self.

I have a boat in the works that's going to have the wing. I plan to make a mount so I can remove it by pulling a few pins. This way I can remove it easily if I don't like it.

Good luck with the boat and don't give up on it! I see way to many on E-Bay half built. There so much fun to drive. That OPS will get her rocking!!!

Dale P.

Here is a picture of mine with verts...not a horizontal.

I made pockets in the deck and the wings radio box tape in place. If the wings get hit no worries, they shear away with no damage to wing mounting system or hull.

This is the best mounting system I had seen yet.

Grim

Yea.

These pictures are early, the scoop is on the boat but the headers are still on my work bench...man im slow...

Grim

Buoy

The boat in the pictures is a Phil Thomas hull..Long story on this one.. to make a long story short it is re-decked with mahogany and has a Phil T GP style cowl on it.

The boat is about 9 years old and one of the first that was ever molded….It was never run or completed when I got it but was in bad shape.. Phil was in the process of learning the art of pulling a boat and this was a test subject..

The boat is great on the water and will hang with the best of them… I still have some pipe testing to do on the boat to get more performance but we are getting close.

I have vid around here somewhere.

ROCK ON

Grim

Thanks Mike for the picture of your boat. it has given me some more ideas. and changed my mind on a couple of ideas I was thinking about. got to love this sport for its creativity and open thinking. stoked again John

I placed video of the boat running on the pictures and videos page our website.

www.grimracer.com

ROCK ON

Grim :D

Latest posts

Back