Door skins

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way back in 1990, I started to build a scale boat using door skins. The wood splintered beyond repair with just a quick twist of the framing. Never again will I use door skin for a build

I just built another crackerbox based off the Zippkit A Box Still needs cleared used west 207 hardner over minwax early american stain the door was bought from menards for 5.00 it was in the damaged door section.

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

Nice cracker Bruce, Ill catch up here soon, trying to get this engine finished up--Who would have thought homelite parts would be a pain to get, Ive got a ton of parts collected but still need a few things for it

Last edited by a moderator:
I can get 1/8 4x8 3 ply sheet finished on both sides from the wood shop for $22.00 I have used alot of this ply with no problems.

Dave Roach

My parts came out A-OK and actually did skin a hollow core door to get them (so did bruce for his cracker above) the transom and engine rails are all good grade 5 ply (transom is actually 8 ply now lol) the bulkheads are some wood that came as packing material with something I ordered (3 ply 3/16) and the skin parts are door skins

P1050058.jpg

Back