District 2 Challenge

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good race guys! Pushed through the bad weather to finish at a good time. It was nice to see members from most of the clubs in the district show up. Boaters from Saginaw Model boat club, Thames Valley, Motor City, Transom Twisters, North Coast Pond Hoppers, and Southern Ontario Model Boat Club supported this race. Congrats to Steve, Burt, and Rob for there season high points finishes.

Mike,Rob,OWMBC,

Thanks for the good times yesterday at the race in Spencer Park.

I would like to help organize a 12 hydro class for next year if possible?

I will be happy to provide prizes and support for a little series possibly:

At: Burton, MI ; Saginaw, MI ; Spencer Park. Hopefully we could get this

done for next year? What does District #2 racers think about this?

I have three JAE-12's that I would sell very reasonable for anyone who is

interested in getting an A-Hydro to practice and compete next year in the series.

Let me know please?

Mark Sholund

Email is: [email protected]

231-590-3023

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to the Oakland Wolverine Model Boat Club for hositng a great race.

Thanks to Rob Betke for being the hardest working pitman and retrive boat person I seen in a long while.

Kevin Sheren

PS I"m all in on the A hydro class Mark.

Great job OWMBC. We had a great time. Would have been even better if the sun would have came out. Congrats to all the winners and thanks to Rob Betke for manning the retrieve boat and all the pit help. You have been a great help all year.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Rob was pretty tired today. I am proud of him for working as hard as he has and helping out. He really enjoys this hobby and the people involved.

I am in for an A class. It could be a great class to promote to get new people involved in the hobby. You can get a competitive boat running at a reasonable price. I had a lot of fun with that boat at Hobart. Let's see what we can do this off season to get more people involved in the class.

Here are the results:

1/8 Scale Final: 1st Steve Peterson, 2nd Joe Wiebelhaus, 3rd Bert Dygert

Gas Mono: 1st Chris Rupley, 2nd Dale Brobst, 3rd Larry Tankiewicz

B hydro: 1st Mike Betke, 2nd Robin Enneper, 3rd Andrew Capaldi

Gas Cat: 1st Dennis Madlinski, 2nd Bob Nauss, 3rd Dale Brobst

Sport 40: 1st Steve Peterson, 2nd Joe Wiebelhaus, 3rd Mark Owens

Gas Sport Hydro: 1st Dennis Madlinski, 2nd Chris Rupley, 3rd Tony Jacuzzi

Novice: 1st Jack Dygert, 2nd Dani Rowland, 3rd Maria Massaria

D hydro: 1st Matt Murany, 2nd Doug Murany, 3rd David Murany (First race for Matt and he made it look easy)

Thunderboat: 1st Jim Zaremski, 2nd Bill Green, 3rd Karl Chase

Open Rigger: 1st Dennis Madlinski, 2nd Butch Laporte, 3rd Jason Green

I would like to thank everyone for participating in the raffle. It really put a dent in our fund to pay for the new outboard that ran awesome yesterday. I especially want to thank Joe at Zip Kits for donating the JAE boat wit hardware and Kevin Sheren for arranging it. Thanks to Bert Dygert for donating the radio. I also need to thank Mark Sholund who won the 50/50 raffle and immediately donated the money back to club to help out the motor fund.

It was nice to see the Hallam / Enneper team back out at the races again. You guys have been thru a lot this year. I hope we see you more next year.

Mike, thanks for the kind words. It was great to get a warm reception from everyone and nice to get some boats wet, even if it was at the last race in the district. Maybe I'll be thinking more clearly at the races next year. Great job running the race. A special thanks to Rob Betke for pitting for me.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Rob was pretty tired today. I am proud of him for working as hard as he has and helping out. He really enjoys this hobby and the people involved.

I am in for an A class. It could be a great class to promote to get new people involved in the hobby. You can get a competitive boat running at a reasonable price. I had a lot of fun with that boat at Hobart. Let's see what we can do this off season to get more people involved in the class.
driftwood (Celina) will be in for A-hydro. we offerd this year but had no takers but one.

given how chilly it was this morning, it looks like moving the race up a week was a good idea.

Back