Dave Homer's wife Nora.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Olson

Many of you long-timers in here remember Dave Homer, a lot of you IMPBA D-2 racers.

I've been in conntact with Dave a lot the past few days on Facebook and his wife isn't doing well at all. The past few years haven't been good to Nora as she's had 2 strokes and various other health issues. The other day when she was admitted to the hospital they gave her 6-12 months. Yesterday the doctors found 2 more things wrong with her and now she may not make it though the weekend.

If you're the praying kind, please throw in a few good words for her.

Dave and I have been friends since 1979 and has been my mentor over the years. When I got my first computer he turned me on to this site.

So sorry to hear that Ron. I think I may have met her years ago. Please give my condolences to David.

Thanks Bob, i'll pass it along.

Dave may be back in here as he's going to have to sell some of his boat stuff to help cover cremation costs.

My condolences to David and his family.

If you will start a fund Ron, I would like to donate $100 to help cover expenses.

Mike

Thank you very much!

Dave's had a rough go of things the past few years then this on top of it. He's looking for a place to cremate her but most places around here will charge around $1,800.00 for the basics. There will be no services at all and her remains will be placed in a family plot.

If anyone else would care to donate anything, I'll see what I can do to get something set up and make sure that he gets it.

Dave said that he has two K&B .21 OB's with Terry Keeley heads to sell and a Wild Thing .21 that he built from John Finch's plans. The WT might have a green-head CMB and TT pipe from the last time that I saw it.

The only thing that I can think of is if anyone has a check or MO is to send it to me with David's name on it. Put my or his name on the envelope and send it to 1815 Elder St. Kalamazoo, MI 49048 or if you wish to send something through PayPal that can be sent to [email protected] and include Dave or Nora's name in it.

I have an idea that he's going to be busy today taking care of the arrangements.

Mike, I just got the PayPal transfer and will get the money to Dave ASAP. We're kind of snowed in right now with about 14" of the white stuff and he's out in the country reporting this morning on Facebook that he can't get out of his driveway right now.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, and especially to Mike for the contribution.. It will be used accordingly.. Bob, I'm sure you have met her a few times... it's been dang near forever since I ran a boat, I still have 3 that could go with some reconditioning..

Nora and I were married almost 31 years, and we raised twin sons. She had some long-term illnesses, and this was not unexpected.. Her and I are both at peace, and I intend to pick right up and move forward..

Back