D12 race# 5 Fort Richie,Md with 1/8th scale gold cup 2013

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just don't tell Ron about the swap at the race he will be there day early waiting to buy everything :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just emailed John Equi about sending me a new IMPBA card...lost mine.....guess I cannot race unless I have it... :(

Just emailed John Equi about sending me a new IMPBA card...lost mine.....guess I cannot race unless I have it... :(
I am sure Chilli can bring the list or you can print it from the last IMPBA newletter from there website. There is a complete listing of paid members and if you are listed on there you are good to go. but it is a good idea to get a replacement card. Its a shame that you cant just go to the website and print it off yourself when you need a replacement one.

I am sure Chilli can bring the list or you can print it from the last IMPBA newletter from there website. There is a complete listing of paid members and if you are listed on there you are good to go. but it is a good idea to get a replacement card. Its a shame that you cant just go to the website and print it off yourself when you need a replacement one.
They should have that on thier site....reprinting a card...less paperwork, no mailing it out and no hassles...great idea John!

As per the IMPBA President last year: If you are on the master list published on the IMPBA web site, you are good to go. I checked the list a few days in advance to make sure everyone who registered for the Capitol race was on it. Inevitably someone is going to misplace or loose their card. We had a few. In your case though I would probably ask for two forms of ID... and check your immigration status... :p

As per the IMPBA President last year: If you are on the master list published on the IMPBA web site, you are good to go. I checked the list a few days in advance to make sure everyone who registered for the Capitol race was on it. Inevitably someone is going to misplace or loose their card. We had a few. In your case though I would probably ask for two forms of ID... and check your immigration status... :p

Si Amigo¡ I haev greencard¡

see Ron trying to throw us off. he will be there waiting to make offers on everything. charge Ron double :p :p :p

Cool Pete. Will bring it to the race then. :)

John, There is nothing special about sharpening the skeg. Start off with a file or heavy grit sand paper and put and edge on the leading edge and bottom of the skeg. Sharpen it like you would a rudder.. or a turn fin (only sharpen both sides). Then work up to a progressively finer grit. I usually wet sand with the finer grits. Some cut a bit off the bottom or back cut the skeg. I'm too much of a sissy to do that. My son and my tunnel boats are competitive so I didnt feel the need to do any cutting. I'll try to post a pic or you can see it at the race. Pete and I can help you do it during the race weekend.
Don't cut the skeg....will not see much of a change other than it may make things worse...may work out well for saw runs but not oval racing...

don't tell kentley that............

I think that I am going to set up a little table at the race, I have some hardware that I know I will not use. I need to go thru it but I know I have some stock cooling caps for Zen 26 and pretty sure I have a blast pickup that I got a few years ago from Butch the boat man. Might have some rudder parts as well. If anyone has a few 500 ML IV bags I can use some. I have a lot of 250's so can maybe trade or buy them outright.

Dick Loeb, make sure you put some of the "old geezer racing" decals in your trailer for me.... Put them next to Carol's cookie mix so you don't forget them........LOL

john, i have a couple of 500's i'll trade for 250's. i'll bring them to the race, or should i say, our pits.

Sounds good, Robin. I know we had talked about this, just wasn't sure if you remembered with all you were going thru with pain towards the end of the weekend. I usually buy them 20 or so at a time when I go to Florida for winternats, but did not go this last year and have finally ran out of them. LOL

yeah john, sunday was a struggle........drove some of my best laps with the gas rigger in that shape, though :huh: .

UPDATE: We are happy to announce that camping WILL be allowed at Fort Ritchie!!!!! Campers and rv's must set up on the service road behind the race area. NO Fires allowed on ground or grass. The base is gonna refit a fire hydrant so there will be fresh water. All campers "must leave no trace behind". Tent camping will be allowed on the baseball diamond. The community center on the base will be open for showering in the AM. If any ladies need indoor restrooms they will be open as well. Please everyone be on their best behavior so we can make this another annual event.

Back