D-2 50th running of the Mini Gold Cup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Jason was going to run rigger, mono and hydro .I'm only in for cat and throat.. if there is room

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

THIS EVENT IS CLOSED TO ANY NEW ENTRY'S,

THANKS TO ALL THE CLASS SPONSORS AND DRIVERS WHO WILL ATTEND.

Thanks to Mark Weber of the DREI, Detroit Gold Cup for letting us display the actual Gold Cup trophy at our 50 year Mini Gold Cup celebration. And Teddy Dudley for picking it up from the APBA Office.

Also to Tim Reis for making these spectacular First Place hand made trophy's for each class (12) ( I cant get the photos to rotate correctly)

Gold Cup.jpg

post-1078-0-43502700-1496421581.jpg

post-1078-0-56075300-1496421597.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray, thanks, what is the secret ? I even tried to rotate before uploading and nada..............
Did you do it from your phone? I go old school and download everything to my desktop. My phone drives me crazy. Guess it's an old dog new tricks thing.
default_blink.png

Many thanks to the Oakland Wolverine club and the 50th running of the Mini Gold Cup Great Job! Can you imagine the real Gold Cup was there! Amazing history!

Thanks John

Oh ya a couple of old dogs took first place, one was there for the first Mini Gold Cup 50 years ago Jerry Betke and another was at the third, me.

What a great time ! Just wanted to let you know if you look on line at The Flint Journal newspaper there are several photo's of the race posted by the gal yesterday with the camera.

O.W.M.B.C,

Another great race, and it was fun being a part of history.

We All Enjoyed The Race,

Mark Sholund

Many thanks to the Oakland Wolverine club and the 50th running of the Mini Gold Cup Great Job! Can you imagine the real Gold Cup was there! Amazing history!

Thanks John

Oh ya a couple of old dogs took first place, one was there for the first Mini Gold Cup 50 years ago Jerry Betke and another was at the third, me.
Thanks to the OWMBC.

It was great to be a part of the 50th year running of the Mini Gold Cup. Having the real Gold Cup there was special.

John and Jerry. You old dogs did great. Especially Jerry who has not raced in a few years. Congrats to you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
A big thank you goes out to Joe Wiebelhaus for spearheading putting on this 50th running of the Mini Gold Cup. Thank you Paula, for all you did to help Joe make this a special event. To all the OWMNC members that showed up to assist, a big thank you as well. Thanks to Tim Ries for the special first place trophies. Having the original Gold Cup Trophy there was a special treat for everyone. I came to the race with only one expectation, that of having a good time with my boating friends. Winning one of those first place trophies was a bonus!!!! Thanks to all the contestants for a great day of racing and coming out to celebrate with the OWMBC. JB

Back