D-2 50th running of the Mini Gold Cup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Gold Cup!....
default_smile.png
That is very cool!
OhOh, somebody woke Norm up!! Must be something really special! Sorry you couldn't make.

John

Juice,

These are the "Two Old Dogs" that I am submitting to the IMPBA board for

there consideration for The Hall Of Fame nominations in Huntsville.

Two of kind and a very rare breed of "old dog".
default_smile.png

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

A big thank you goes out to Joe Wiebelhaus for spearheading putting on this 50th running of the Mini Gold Cup. Thank you Paula, for all you did to help Joe make this a special event. To all the OWMNC members that showed up to assist, a big thank you as well. Thanks to Tim Ries for the special first place trophies. Having the original Gold Cup Trophy there was a special treat for everyone. I came to the race with only one expectation, that of having a good time with my boating friends. Winning one of those first place trophies was a bonus!!!! Thanks to all the contestants for a great day of racing and coming out to celebrate with the OWMBC. JB
Thanks Jerry,

My wife Paula has been a great supporter to my rc hobby forever, Im lucky, Also a big thanks to my son Jeff who helped man the retrieve boat and also cooked 60 hamburgers (OWMBC) and 48 Red Hot hotdogs (Chris Rupley) having all ready for our lunch break at noon, plus water, pop and a a variety of chips, pickles and onions........ mmmm good.

This was an OWMBC event, we had many people help, Class sponsors, driver donations, APBA, Tim Reis, Teddy Duddly and all club members, also racers who stepped up and helped in the retrieve boat and CD stand, My goal was to make it SPECIAL, and I believe it was, so thanks for all the supportive replies here on IW.

I'll post some pictures and results in the next couple of days,

Thanks again.

Joe Wiebelhaus

2017 50th Annual Mini Gold Cup Results

A-HYDRO

JERRY BETKE 825

DOUG MURANY 425

MARK SHOLAND 400

B-HYDRO

DAVE MURANY 800

MIKE BETKE 725

ANDREW CAPALDI 700

D-HYDRO

ROB BETKE 1200

CHRIS CAPALDI 1000

DAVE MURANY 675

E/F HYDRO

JOHN BEARDSLEE 1100

JOE WIEBELHAUS 594

DAVE MURANY 525

GAS MONO

AUSTIN NOTTER 1150

JASON GREEN 800

DALE BROBST 525

GAS CAT

DR TED BILLY 1200

CHRIS CARBONEAU 725

BILL GREEN 450

GAS RIGGER

JASON GREEN 1100

DR TED BILLY 1000

BUTCH LaPORTE 25

GAS SPORT HYDRO

CHRIS RUPLEY 1200

DR TED BILLY 900

JASON GREEN 652

THUNDERBOAT

TEDDY DUDLEY 969

VINCE AMORE 926

BUTCH LaPORTE 925

SPORT 20

MILO CARLTON 425

SPORT 40

ROB BETKE 1200

CHRIS CAPALDI 900

MARK OWENS 675

SCALE (WINNER TAKE ALL FINAL & BOB BEUTHIEN CUP WINNER)

ANDREW CAPALDI 750

TOM KELLY 625

BERT DYGERT 700

ROB BETKE 1200 (ROGER HALLAM MEMORIAL TROPHY WINNER)(MOST POINTS AFTER 3 ROUNDS)

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, it was a long day but a good day. I'm happy we had a great turnout, and for all of Paula and Jeff Wiebelhaus's help. And for the city of Burton's support for this race (see photo below.) And to Teddy Dudley and Mark & Lori Weber for making sure the real Gold Cup was there, that- to me- was the icing on the cake for this race.

IMG_1002.JPG

Juice,

These are the "Two Old Dogs" that I am submitting to the IMPBA board for

there consideration for The Hall Of Fame nominations in Huntsville.

Two of kind and a very rare breed of "old dog".
default_smile.png

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Here they are! This made the day for me. Two old school guys still having fun after all of these years.

Congrats!

Jerry and John.jpg

A big thank you goes out to Joe Wiebelhaus for spearheading putting on this 50th running of the Mini Gold Cup. Thank you Paula, for all you did to help Joe make this a special event. To all the OWMNC members that showed up to assist, a big thank you as well. Thanks to Tim Ries for the special first place trophies. Having the original Gold Cup Trophy there was a special treat for everyone. I came to the race with only one expectation, that of having a good time with my boating friends. Winning one of those first place trophies was a bonus!!!! Thanks to all the contestants for a great day of racing and coming out to celebrate with the OWMBC. JB
Here's a pic of first and third generation boater. Gen 2 didn't get it done.

Very proud of you dad. Without all of the work you do for Rob and I, we would not have the quality of boats we have today.

Dad and Rob.jpg

Back