Coyote Daytona

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy Holmberg

I picked up this Coyote Daytona didn’t get much for instructions. I assume it’s for a .45 since that’s what’s is written on the top of one of the instruction papers.
Can someone tell me do the rear sponsons go on the outside or on the bottom? Any idea of where the CG is on these boats? What hardware would you recommend? I want to go electric any suggestions for motors ect?
Thank you for any help.

Attachments

• 579D57B8-806D-4FF8-A281-07AD08B87D79.jpeg
    579D57B8-806D-4FF8-A281-07AD08B87D79.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 23D2D312-259D-456B-AE5A-63889BDFA15B.jpeg
    23D2D312-259D-456B-AE5A-63889BDFA15B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
I picked up this Coyote Daytona didn’t get much for instructions. I assume it’s for a .45 since that’s what’s is written on the top of one of the instruction papers.
Can someone tell me do the rear sponsons go on the outside or on the bottom? Any idea of where the CG is on these boats? What hardware would you recommend? I want to go electric any suggestions for motors ect?
Thank you for any help.
Troy, I believe the rear shoes go on the bottom of tub, with sides flush to outside of tub.

Regarding CG, we've always started with determining the base CG with naked hull build up-ie- tub with booms and sponsons attached, rear shoes installed, and deck lids/cowling in place.

Take a piece of .063" sheet stock, bevel a fairly sharp edge on it, mount in vice- taking a torpedo level to beveled edge to plumb it, and place boat on it, squarely as possible by eye.
The balance point location you come up with will be where you want the rear face of the engine flywheel- at crankshaft center- to be.
That will set everything up, and you can build/rig from there.

Turn fin fore/aft location will be relative to final CG, and there are a couple of theories on that topic.
Personally, we set the fin up with fore/aft adjustability because more than likely the 'sweet spot' will become apparent after some run time.

The aforementioned theories are in regard to fuel ballast consideration.
We've tried the empty tank, half full, and full tank approaches and found setup with empty or half full is adequate....final location will come from running and tunning phase.

There are some things you can do to the Daytona that'll 'modernize' it and give more speed and better handling, too.

Good luck, have fun with it, they're great boats.

You could call Don and Jenny Pinckert for more info, but they're getting up there....just be kind and gentle with them. I'll send you his number in PM.

Troy, I believe the rear shoes go on the bottom of tub, with sides flush to outside of tub.

Regarding CG, we've always started with determining the base CG with naked hull build up-ie- tub with booms and sponsons attached, rear shoes installed, and deck lids/cowling in place.

Take a piece of .063" sheet stock, bevel a fairly sharp edge on it, mount in vice- taking a torpedo level to beveled edge to plumb it, and place boat on it, squarely as possible by eye.
The balance point location you come up with will be where you want the rear face of the engine flywheel- at crankshaft center- to be.
That will set everything up, and you can build/rig from there.

Turn fin fore/aft location will be relative to final CG, and there are a couple of theories on that topic.
Personally, we set the fin up with fore/aft adjustability because more than likely the 'sweet spot' will become apparent after some run time.

The aforementioned theories are in regard to fuel ballast consideration.
We've tried the empty tank, half full, and full tank approaches and found setup with empty or half full is adequate....final location will come from running and tunning phase.

There are some things you can do to the Daytona that'll 'modernize' it and give more speed and better handling, too.

Good luck, have fun with it, they're great boats.

You could call Don and Jenny Pinckert for more info, but they're getting up there....just be kind and gentle with them. I'll send you his number in PM.
Thank you for the help.
Last question. I set the sponson up per the instructions distance from right of boat to sponson. Is it correct for the right side sponson to be further away than the the left?

Thank you for the help.
Last question. I set the sponson up per the instructions distance from right of boat to sponson. Is it correct for the right side sponson to be further away than the the left?
That seems to very by opinion, I guess....if I needed to offset a front sponson on a hydro, we usually had turn fin sponson closer to tub than left sponson.

I don't remember what we did on the Coyote....seems we ran them equidistant.

Back