COBRA TUNNEL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared Cruthird

heres a few pictures of my cobra tunnel i got from Dan and my modded TT from Alden Cost. the cobra looks great, pictures do it no justice. thanks dan and alden.

DSC_0989.JPG

photo.JPG

yes byron its a 20j carb...the engine is a recreation of jerry wyss's mods...its identical... massive amounts of work in that engine,,,raised timing,,reduced bubble volume,,set head clearance,,induction timing changes,,cut and polished lower,,pinned prop shaft,,very light cut to the case,,,oil galley filled,,no water cooling,,reduced skeg,,ss steering arms,,and so on...fun engine when done up like that....im just tryin to keep jerry's passion alive...glad you like it jared...

kevin your beatle bomb is almost done my friend...

jared,,,the boat looks great man...got the pics you texted me...now get that sucka in the water...lol.....

alden

Well now if I only had time for the bb...... Finally found a house and signed papers, will be august before I have time for boats:(

Funny you say that, I was thinking of typing that in my last post!!!! So have you had the Cobra on the water yet?????

lol...here comes the bargain wagon...lol...congrats kev,,,,get settled first,,,always time for boats later my friend...family and housing is for sure much more important...

ac....

Ran it this morning and it did good for it's first outing got a few tanks through it before I blew up a servo. Still got some tweaking to do on it and the tt isn't quite broke in yet but it did good overall. I'll get some video soon. Kev send it to me.

heres a quick video of the cobra from today just a little fun running trying to get it tunned in. sorry about the video quality it was off my phone.

heres a quick video of the cobra from today just a little fun running trying to get it tunned in. sorry about the video quality it was off my phone.

Quality is not bad, the only thing is the format....its widescreen....so its a looooooooooooong tunnel I see screaming by.

Ronald

WOW !!! it looks great. the motor was turning up good. i only wish the clarity was better in the video. anyway super running boat. Dan

good stuff jared,,,, you are getting there my man... some more light tuning and it will really scream...... the second launch of the video sounded like you were on the verge of a proper needle... if you get a great setup and the engine can free up a little more,,, it will sing... you want to try to get the illusive double stage of that pipe... you will hear it come in like power band on a 2 stroke dirt bike... its hard to find,,, but keep working on it... pay attention to the zing through the pipe... if its crackly,, its either rich or not making the proper temps,,which is still rich... in the second launch the sound was cleaner,,crisper,, thats what your looking for my man...try holding the engine at full throttle in large ovals... believe it or not,,,when the throttle is chopped like you were doing,, it extremely changes the engine temp by dousing the case with a large shot of fuel..kinda makes finding the needle harder... ;) also,,,turn the low speed needle in a touch,,, just a touch..

looks great though buddy.... glad the ole tt is serving you well...

alden

question for the masses. does anybody know if a inboard thunder tiger pro 21 is the same as a outboard besides the crank and backplate? i have one of these i want to get rid of. Dan

exact same dan....only the back plate is different...the tt lower is geared so uses the std. buggy / i/b crank.....engines are identical,,down to the t...

Latest posts

Back