Markham Park today with Dan Ellison Sport and Moceri Rigger Suicidal Engines YT Videos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Law

Hey Ya'll, New here I'm not sure if this is the spot to post this. My father built me a really nice gas sport. Dan Ellison hull, Zenoah 29 built by Mike Ross Suicidal Engines. We went out to Markham Park in South Florida today and I just wanted to show you how much fun we had. Here is YT links to my channel. Today we ran my boat and my father's Moceri 26 also a Mike Ross Suicidal Engine. I hope ya'll enjoy and if you like subscribe to my channel I will be posting all kinds of content. There is some great crashes and other content on my channel already. We hope to start racing in the fall. Thanks dad!!!

Dan Ellison Sport 29:
Joe Moceri Rigger 26:

Cheers!!
Matt

Matt,

The bottom video had the rigger running better than the other two. What kind of propellers are on that boat?

Thanks,

Mark

Hey Mark. Yesterday we had great results with both boats running an ABC 2719. I believe we had another prop on in the first Moceri video and you are correct, changed it to the 2719 for the other two.

Good Morning Mark,

That's the 2719 you just sent me. Performs pretty well on both boats in the FL heat and humidity. Still planning to test those other 3 we talked about. Thanks for your advice!

Marty

That's the best $$ I ever spent on a boat, thank you Mike!
I've had more compliments on how it performs in all water conditions. Easiest boat ever to drive.
Interesting that even some world class boat builders were so impressed they have taken measurements from it.
Just wish I knew more of the history on it...

Marty

That's the best $$ I ever spent on a boat, thank you Mike!
I've had more compliments on how it performs in all water conditions. Easiest boat ever to drive.
Interesting that even some world class boat builders were so impressed they have taken measurements from it.
Just wish I knew more of the history on it...

Marty
It wasJoes personal boat. Built for him self but all his stuff is awesome

Here's my Moceri rigger with a 290 done by Lamar. I bought the boat from Lawson Burford.

Attachments

• IMG_20201017_110224.jpg
    IMG_20201017_110224.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20200902_132739.jpg
    IMG_20200902_132739.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1
And I thought I had a one-off JM rigger but guess not...be interesting to see if there are any others out there.
Looks great and performs even better I bet, thanks for sharing Bill!

Marty

I also have one of Joe's Nitro riggers he built for Mike Shuttleworth Sr. . I have known Joe for over 30 years. He used buil coyote riggers for the Hobby shop I worked.

Bill,

Is Joe still around?
From what I was told he is best known for his scale builds. I'd like to get more history about him and his accomplishments if anyone can chime in with that...

Thanks,

Marty

Bill,

Is Joe still around?
From what I was told he is best known for his scale builds. I'd like to get more history about him and his accomplishments if anyone can chime in with that...

Bill,

Is Joe still around?

Thanks,

Marty
Marty ,
I am around just not much on the forums and humbled you want to know about me. I do know a lot of the guys personally here and also thru word of mouth. I was not a racer just a guy that liked to build and make others happy with boats and parts they needed to be competitive. I did like to fun run and get together and burn up some fuel at the ponds on the east side of town with the guys.
As far as accomplishments i really don't have any personal trophys on the shelf but know many guys that do running stuff I have helped them with. Im so glad to see your having fun running the boat. I watched your video posted and see you have the hull running nice. There are quite a few of the gas riggers out there still i believe, I have lost track. The John Deer hull is here in St Louis and has seen a lot of open water time and has ran very well.
Joe

Attachments

• BOAT 006.jpg
    BOAT 006.jpg
    735.8 KB · Views: 0
  • BOAT 001.jpg
    BOAT 001.jpg
    646.2 KB · Views: 0
Hi Joe,

I never expected to get a response directly and it's greatly appreciated. I've heard so many stories about the boats you have built and have always wondered about the history behind the boat I have. I can't express enough how much your boat building expertise shows with this boat you created that I now proudly own.

Are you still building boats? My son wants one just like mine so we can start racing together this fall. We would be anxious to get our hands on another one should one become available whether new or used. It's really hard to beat a proven performer..

Thanks for responding!

Marty

Looks like you guy's got them boats running really well! Where in the world did you ever get the idea to put a 2719 prop on those? Great to hear you are having fun!

Back