CMDI Eagle SGX .45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF it ran good bro what happen please ???
It was running on the crispy side of the needle for sure.

You can tell it stuck the piston buy the way the back of the boat jumps up from trying to drag a locked up prop.

Buck

It was running on the crispy side of the needle for sure.

You can tell it stuck the piston buy the way the back of the boat jumps up from trying to drag a locked up prop.

Buck

CMB hasn't learned yet!...or maybe they prefer to sell more P/L's to less customers. If that was a MAC 101. It wouldn't stick pistons!

yup yup Mac always has great performance even on my small OB engines.. the AA in my SGX its a Power House im just too afraid to pull the trigger and make it sing but this weekend its time to make it run like it should all out. I will be posting the video on here when i run it this weekend ill kep you guys posted..

JCR

That CMB 101 got a little too lean and toasted the P/L.

Andy knows the fix though and next the video you see of that SGX/101 combo, it will be spotin' some serious AB mod. horsepower!

I'm very interested :) !! Here is one thing I really don't get with the new engine deal ...If you are selling an engine to two different markets IE: Nitro and Non Nitro ..would you not simply make a head button for 50 - 60 % nitro like EVERYONE in the US Canada runs ?? Why torture your customers to have to go to cottage industries to get these parts modified if you don't have the technical expertise to do so ????? Right now CMB has the Nitro market almost cornered ...PAY ATTENTION !!! If you don't produce Race Ready products Nitro will continue it's downward spiral into obscurity . Times have changed ...not everyone has the time or can afford to modify an already expensive Race Engine to just be able to RUN and not blow up . To this date , and I will argue this as long as anyone wants to , the Mac 84 was the most capable out of the box , race ready , do nothing engine ever produced . PLEASE give us this type of engine or guys will tell you ...done...... going to gas even if it is slower ...believe it !!!! :ph34r: !

Last edited by a moderator:
That CMB 101 got a little too lean and toasted the P/L.

Andy knows the fix though and next the video you see of that SGX/101 combo, it will be spotin' some serious AB mod. horsepower!

I'm very interested :) !! Here is one thing I really don't get with the new engine deal ...If you are selling an engine to two different markets IE: Nitro and Non Nitro ..would you not simply make a head button for 50 - 60 % nitro like EVERYONE in the US Canada runs ?? Why torture your customers to have to go to cottage industries to get these parts modified if you don't have the technical expertise to do so ????? Right now CMB has the Nitro market almost cornered ...PAY ATTENTION !!! If you don't produce Race Ready products Nitro will continue it's downward spiral into obscurity . Times have changed ...not everyone has the time or can afford to modify an already expensive Race Engine to just be able to RUN and not blow up . To this date , and I will argue this as long as anyone wants to , the Mac 84 was the most capable out of the box , race ready , do nothing engine ever produced . PLEASE give us this type of engine or guys will tell you ...done...... going to gas even if it is slower ...believe it !!!! :ph34r: !

"PAY ATTENTION !!! If you don't produce Race Ready products Nitro will continue it's downward spiral into obscurity ."

Tom,

Those were almost my exact words to CMB when I approached them in March of 1999 about building me some engines.

Actually my exact words were: "If someone doesn't build a good nitro engine there won't be any nitro boaters to build engines for!"

Tom,

You are correct. If someone decides to try running nitro engines in model boats, there has to be an engine available that will run without a lot of expensive modification. I'm not saying that the engine has to be hot as hell, I'm saying it has to start and run for an inexperienced boater.

If we are to attract and keep new model boaters running nitro, there has to be an engine they can use and enjoy. Of course I ran a lot of MAC and Kalistratov engines. Both brands ran fine right out of the box. And you know what they could do if someone like Andy or Rod tweeked them.

Andy and I visited two Italain engine manufacturing plants. They both were building the engines they wanted to build. One only wanted to build car engines.

That is why there has to be more than one model marine engine brand available. If there is only one brand, the single manufacturer can build what he wants. If there is more than one manufacturer, they have to build what the customer wants.

That is my opinion. There may be some people that do not agree.

Al Hobbs

Tom,

You are correct. If someone decides to try running nitro engines in model boats, there has to be an engine available that will run without a lot of expensive modification. I'm not saying that the engine has to be hot as hell, I'm saying it has to start and run for an inexperienced boater.

If we are to attract and keep new model boaters running nitro, there has to be an engine they can use and enjoy. Of course I ran a lot of MAC and Kalistratov engines. Both brands ran fine right out of the box. And you know what they could do if someone like Andy or Rod tweeked them.

Andy and I visited two Italain engine manufacturing plants. They both were building the engines they wanted to build. One only wanted to build car engines.

That is why there has to be more than one model marine engine brand available. If there is only one brand, the single manufacturer can build what he wants. If there is more than one manufacturer, they have to build what the customer wants.

That is my opinion. There may be some people that do not agree.

Al Hobbs
Good insight . now where are all the mega millionaires that waste their millions donating to the church of scientology etc when they ( Cruise , Hilton , Travolta etc ) could be building us engines and parts in the real life instead of trying to buy a Stairway to Heaven or some other mythical place !! :)

Well the weather was very bad all weekend could not test anything. Not even the gas boats or gas hydros could not run so my B and D hydros could not hit the water. But I did get my (SST Rigger)B Hydro going really hard until the pond gods claimed my Carbon Fiber boom tubes :-( then the water turned to ****.

I'll try next weekend and post a video.

JCR

Back