Differances between Eagle 45 SG and SGX

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwb2620

Just wanting to know what if any differances are there between the Eagle 45 SG and SGX. Was there a 3 rear sponson SG before the SGX? What Prop recomendations are there for the 3 rear sponson boat? That is what I have. I can't get my Eagle 45 with a MAC 45 and parabolic to get over 60 to 65 mph. My old Eagle SG hit 70 mph with no problems using a Andy Brown 1460 mod prop.

Thanks,

David Buck

Just wanting to know what if any differances are there between the Eagle 45 SG and SGX. Was there a 3 rear sponson SG before the SGX? What Prop recomendations are there for the 3 rear sponson boat? That is what I have. I can't get my Eagle 45 with a MAC 45 and parabolic to get over 60 to 65 mph. My old Eagle SG hit 70 mph with no problems using a Andy Brown 1460 mod prop.

Thanks,

David Buck
What is pipe length, nitro % & did you drill the stinger baffle out to same as stinger i.d.? My SGX45/ MAC45 with drilled 45 parabolic @ 9 1/2", 1655 prop with 60% nitro will run 80+ in heat race trim. B)

It sounds like you may have a problem other than the prop, but, an Octura 1655 with 4.3" cup will run in the upper 70's to low 80's on a well tuned SG or SGX.

Eric Canto

The Speed Shop

Thanks,

David Buck
:ph34r: four differents style: Early SG (two rear sponsons), Latest SG( upgrade three rear sponons and little big wide front sponsons), Early SGX( upgrade modified outside 2 rear sponsons) and Latest SGX ( changed big tank also little lenght(about more than 1/2 inches) booms and front sponsons. I have been experince with two boats (Latest SG and Early SGX)but I like both them very good well so it were very tricky!! :rolleyes: keep to play adjust -/+ level strut then if you find perfect level so will be success fast come True!!! Godd Luck! Have a fun

Last edited by a moderator:
agreed. 1460 cup 4,1 and 1655 cup 4.3 in the high 70's even with the original baffle in my parabolic.

Gill

Thanks guys for info, I'll start working towards the recommendations soon. My good 1460 modded prop was destroyed a while back when I hit a turtle or fish while going around buoys 1 and 2 at McInnish park in Carrollton,TX where we run. It's a great pond to run on. Been running there since 1985. But anyway to get back on topic, I also lost my pipe when it flipped after hitting the unknown object.

So, I have don't have the pipe measurement from that one. I am in the process of installing a new parabolic pipe though. The stinger is not drilled out on that one. So, I am going to run it sometime this weekend to see how it runs. ( I hope, but is Mother's Day this weekend) . Hopefully Saturday. The fuel I run is 50%. I am gonna have to order some new props, because the only other props that have to put on are s&b H22,s&b H18, and a stock 1655. I'll be sure to write down my measurements and let ya'll know.

Thanks,

David Buck

Thanks,

David Buck
:ph34r: four differents style: Early SG (two rear sponsons), Latest SG( upgrade three rear sponons and little big wide front sponsons), Early SGX( upgrade modified outside 2 rear sponsons) and Latest SGX ( changed big tank also little lenght(about more than 1/2 inches) booms and front sponsons. I have been experince with two boats (Latest SG and Early SGX)but I like both them very good well so it were very tricky!! :rolleyes: keep to play adjust -/+ level strut then if you find perfect level so will be success fast come True!!! Godd Luck! Have a fun
Thanks Allan,

I thought there were some differences. The sponsons and fuel tank from my old SG fit into the 3 sponson hull that I bought from someone here on the board about 2 or 3 years ago. My old SG broke half after hitting bouy 6 at full race speed at a race down in Crosby,Tx. It hooked just perfectly right into the bouy. Luckily I got every thing back, it was in just 2 pieces. :eek: :( :unsure:

Hey Allen

You forgot about the single rear sponson boat. That one came out inbetween the 2 and 3 shoed boat.

Mike

Back