Club topic

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc Pagé

Hi everybody,

This is a suggestion address to the Intlwaters web master or director...

I would like to know if it would be a good thing to add on this board, a new topic for the introduction of rc boat clubs?

In this topic we could make a short presentation of our club with info like:

Name, localisation, web site, tel number, and a short description of activities...

With that, it could help a lot of boaters or spectators to know that we exist and find a way to join us! :)

How many times have we seen the question : is there any club near ''this city''? <_<

Just a suggestion...it could be different or present in another way...but the main fact is that it must be easy to find and update:rolleyes:

Thank's

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody,

This is a suggestion address to the Intlwaters web master or director...

I would like to know if it would be a good thing to add on this board, a new topic for the introduction of rc boat clubs?

In this topic we could make a short presentation of our club with info like:

Name, localisation, web site, tel number, and a short description of activities...

With that, it could help a lot of boaters or spectators to know that we exist and find a way to join us! :)

How many times have we seen the question : is there any club near ''this city''? <_<

Just a suggestion...it could be different or present in another way...but the main fact is that it must be easy to find and update:rolleyes:

Thank's

So?

Why duplicate the NAMBA, IMPBA, AMPBA sites? All that info is available on the sanctioning group’s pages.

Why duplicate the NAMBA, IMPBA, AMPBA sites? All that info is available on the sanctioning group’s pages.

Well, the main aspect is to put it in the same place, we only have to put a link, not duplicate the information on each club. It would be an easy way to see all clubs link (web site) or address :rolleyes:

We all like the same hobby, these national or international associations are great but it's not the easiest way to find a local club when your travelling or when you begin in this hobby.

Also, there isn't just santionned club! ;)

Thank's for your comments :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a page that lists all the IMPBA clubs and NAMBA Clubs by region or state would be a nice addition, have links to each clubs web site where applicable.

Josh-

I think a page that lists all the IMPBA clubs and NAMBA Clubs by region or state would be a nice addition, have links to each clubs web site where applicable.

Josh-
Of course that would require that each club have a web site. If the IMPBA and NAMBA sites are any indication, either lots of clubs don't have a site, or they haven't given that info to their national organization.

Josh-
Of course that would require that each club have a web site. If the IMPBA and NAMBA sites are any indication, either lots of clubs don't have a site, or they haven't given that info to their national organization.

As a example:

Club's name: 'My club's name'

Internet web site: 'www.myclub.com'

Email address: 'my club's address'

Address or city localisation : 'my club's nearest known city'

Tel number: 'phone number'

Associations: IMPBA, NAMBA, AMPBA, others...

So with that you don't need a internet web site or email address and you don't need to be in a association, you just need to be a existing club with a pound ;) so almost NOTHING is required!

a while back i started making a map of the US image and you could click on each state, and once in the state it would open to a new page with all of that states counties and have a little image where RC boat clubs or lakes are and when you rolled over the image it would open a bubble with some info and a link to their site or other info. I got about half of Oh, In, and KY done before i got bogged down with it.

Then i started playing with google earth, that allows you to save way points or locations and trade them with others via a simple download file. I figured once i got a system together i could use my same map, but instead of a popup it would be a link to download the google earth data.

If the club doens't have a web site, just list the club name, location, and a contact person's name and phone number.

Josh-

Back