China

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a lot of good friends in China and many American friends, plus many other friends of other nationalities. Passing judgement like this, unless you have been there, lived there, worked there, gives no right to go off. It just makes us Americans look bad........
Been there, lived there, worked there, have friends AND FAMILY in China. I've seen nothing inacurate in this thread. People on this forum from other countries, such as Australia, face similar challenges, with the exception that many other countries make it more difficult for China to have such a trade imbalance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to remind everybody this is the General Boating Forum.. Its OK to have an Opinion about this subect and im not saying you can not do it here.. But in what way does this help the Boaters here on YOUR International Fourm?

Grimracer

Good catch Mike. Spoken like a true moderator.

chunk

I would like to remind everybody this is the General Boating Forum.. Its OK to have an Opinion about this subect and im not saying you can not do it here.. But in what way does this help the Boaters here on YOUR International Fourm?

Grimracer

Hmmmmmm....well it's looks like the general consenses is "DON'T BUY CHINA", instead "BUY MADE IN USA" from companies such as Octura, Aeromarine, McCoy, Prather, Woods, Warehouse Hobbies, Insane boats, Velasko hulls, Dumas boats, CMDi, Bonzi Sports, Seaducer boats and steer clear of the big "Walmarts" of R/C such as Hobbico/Towerhobbies who buy from China and sells to the USA, which will in time threaten the existence of the above mentioned AMERICAN companies.

I guess that is the way this thread will help the Boaters on OUR International Forum. B)

Grimracer
I agree with Mike, what the heck does this have to do with boating? It sure is no fun and not making the forum look very good. Remember, this is "International Waters", not USA waters. Who knows who you might be insulting on this forum.

There are thousands of other forums out there you can go vent on about this topic if you want. I love this country (USA) and been all of this world, it is the best. But, the world is changing and gettng smaller each day......

I have a lot of good friends in China and many American friends, plus many other friends of other nationalities. Passing judgement like this, unless you have been there, lived there, worked there, gives no right to go off. It just makes us Americans look bad........

I for one apoligize to anybody on this forum that might have been offended by the comments made in previous post.

Good luck and have some fun!

Rw

I see no problem discussing issues that affect us all wether at work or on a toy boat forum.

Sticking your head in the sand and pretending that this is not a problem will only make matters worse.

I also have to wonder if the reason you posted what you did was directly related to your buisness venture?

I am sorry if you don't like what you read but we are all adults here and are conducting ourselves as adults.

I am not concerned for my future , I am concerned for my childrens.

Tim Kish

Take a look around your house, your neighors, your friends, family etc....take a look at that 18 year old girl carrying a $1,000 Gucci purse. Honestly, she ought it at the flea market for $85 Take a look at your business partner in his new suit. Doesn't matter, anything and I mean anything can be copied and knocked off in China. Before we assumed Gucci, Prada, Fendi and any expensive female item was the only thing being copied. Now down to toys like Hot Wheels, our Boat hulls, motors etc...are all being copied and produced in China. I watched an amazing show how almost every region in China is responsile for creating one specific article of clothes, furniture, electronics etc..and are being shipped and sold as "Authentic" around the world.

I had a love for fine Italian suits and ties, now even though it says "shipped from Italy" look underneath and it reads "Made in China". Every designer, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger are having all their clothes lines made by the Chinese It's cheaper, more profitable and that's the bottom line. Pure Profit.

Even my credit cards, my American Express, when I need customer service I'm forwarded to India..go figure We're screwed and we better fix this prolem soon, or one day we'll be held hostage by the world for raw resoureces and goods. Strong countries have that become their crushing downfall in wars, look at Japan and Germany in WW II. And I'm not refrencing that to get beat up on, just watch the History channel or read some war books. They clearly out line it

Peace, I'm out!

Grimracer
I agree with Mike, what the heck does this have to do with boating? It sure is no fun and not making the forum look very good. Remember, this is "International Waters", not USA waters. Who knows who you might be insulting on this forum.

There are thousands of other forums out there you can go vent on about this topic if you want. I love this country (USA) and been all of this world, it is the best. But, the world is changing and gettng smaller each day......

I for one apoligize to anybody on this forum that might have been offended by the comments made in previous post.

Rw

I see no problem discussing issues that affect us all wether at work or on a toy boat forum.

Sticking your head in the sand and pretending that this is not a problem will only make matters worse.

I also have to wonder if the reason you posted what you did was directly related to your buisness venture?

I am sorry if you don't like what you read but we are all adults here and are conducting ourselves as adults.

Tim Kish
Tim That's sound " INSULTS to Race people :angry: Stupid! to Famous Sport players and Hollywood actors make lots of moneys millionarie. Why do you pay to watch on live any sport? loss your moneys ;)

Grimracer

Hmmmmmm....well it's looks like the general consenses is "DON'T BUY CHINA", instead "BUY MADE IN USA" from companies such as Octura, Aeromarine, McCoy, Prather, Woods, Warehouse Hobbies, Insane boats, Velasko hulls, Dumas boats, CMDi, Bonzi Sports, Seaducer boats and steer clear of the big "Walmarts" of R/C such as Hobbico/Towerhobbies who buy from China and sells to the USA, which will in time threaten the existence of the above mentioned AMERICAN companies.

I guess that is the way this thread will help the Boaters on OUR International Forum. B)

Man Andy.. I dont know you that well but have always and still to have allot of respect for your moxy.. Your one of model boatings best.. Heck best in the world at one time or another.. right.....for a guy that ships US products over seas.... I bet there money is just a green as ours.. I bet you have taken quite a bit of it and built your business on it. Some good and some bad times i bet too..... Unless you tell me different im going to read that post as is, with the opinion and value that you posted.. If it was meant to go deeper then that let me know.. ;)

Grimracer

Grimracer

I've never met you Andy and from your product and posts, word of mouth, I respect what you have done for the hobby.

What we do and will be doing with AquaCraft in the years to come can only help all the business' you mentioned, including yours. We are not taking from anyone, but building a much bigger pie for everybody. This can either be capilized on, or complained about. The ones who sit back and complain, probably won't have a business in the future.

It appears most do not really know what the relations are between US and China. Our goverment is helping to protect us more than what most think and I'm glad to see it that we are. I've see more factories close over in China in the last 2 year than ever before. Why, because we (USA:) have put regulations on how much product we can import, such as the clothing industry to name just one.

We also limit the number of Visa's (not credit cards) to Chinese people to allow them to come over and visit. WE do not allow many of them to come into the country. I bet most did not know that....

I could go on and on and on, however, for one who said this is not the place, I've already gone on too much.

One last point and I'm done with this topic.....most of what I post is personal and not work related. I love the hobby and that is my motivation, not business. I get excited when we release a new product, why, because new product is fun and exciting for all....if I could afford to work and do this for nothing, I would :)

Grimracer

Rw

Tim Kish
Tim That's sound " INSULTS to Race people :angry: Stupid! to Famous Sport players and Hollywood actors make lots of moneys millionarie. Why do you pay to watch on live any sport? loss your moneys ;)

Alan

I am in no way trying to insult the people of China .

I am just pointing out the facts of what is happening in NorthAmerica.

I believe you live in Canada?

Tim K

Grimracer

Man Andy.. I dont know you that well but have always and still to have allot of respect for your moxy.. Your one of model boatings best.. Heck best in the world at one time or another.. right.....for a guy that ships US products over seas.... I bet there money is just a green as ours.. I bet you have taken quite a bit of it and built your business on it. Some good and some bad times i bet too..... Unless you tell me different im going to read that post as is, with the opinion and value that you posted.. If it was meant to go deeper then that let me know.. ;)

Grimracer

GET the lock out this thread has gone to the dogs. American bussiness has suffered because of all the influx stuff from other countries.TOO late now all we can do is sit and watch.Indiana is offering to lease hiways to another country,next time you throw money in the till you might wonder where its going. Im not saying its all bad its just eating us up a little at a time

It's nice to see that I am the only one concerned about our future.

Tim K
Tim,

No, you're not. My dad has been preaching "BUY AMERICAN" to me since I was old enough to understand the English language. He's still doing it, even though I'm 35 years old and agree with him 100%. I will not own a foreign car....... Ever. We are kill ourselves to a slow excruciating death and most don't even realize it. Hell, we even let the foreign manufacturers build plants stateside so we can buy the things we want/need and still satisfy our "Buy American" urges. The Japanese won't let us build anything over there because they've seen how successfully they've pulled the wool over our eyes with the same tactic. Reguardless of what Forbes magazine (or any other financial report) will print, higher gross sales does NOT equate to a better economy. If you're not paying the people you expect to buy the goods to produce those goods, then who are you going to sell them to? It's sure no going to the the 10yo kids in China, Indonesia, Mexico, India, or wherever who are making them. If the people who actually make Nike shoes are getting about $2 a day (which probably isn't far off the mark), do the math: That's 50 days' wages, nearly two months income, to buy the shoes they make. Yet, they're not employing anybody stateside, who are the most likely to buy expensive shoes. This is a very focused example, and obviously nobody only buys goods from their employer, but the point is very clear.

There are obviously exceptions where we must buy goods from other countries, and there is really nothing wrong with foreign competition, but our government has made it all too easy for the foreign competition to force domestic commerce into the state it's in. Yes, the corperations are reporting record profits, making our GNP soar, but in reality the state of our economy should also be gaged by gross national salery, not just profits.

Don't get me started on unions, because you'll never shut me up, but take a look at Delphi. We are about to lose one of our largest domestic automotive manufacturers. Why? Because the unions demanding too much for the employees (WAY, WAY, WWWWAAAAAYYYY too much), and the ease of foreign outsourcing has put the production workers in a no win situation. I will never work in a union shop. Period. The unions had their place at one time, but they've more than worn out their welcome. In fact, if I had may way about it, not only would the welcome mat get jerked, but I'd tear down the front porch as well. Like I said, don't get me started.

If you don't like what you see, and, as Tim K. pointed out, you're concerned about the future for your children, your task is clear: Buy American and anti-union, boycott those who are undermining our economy (regardless of what they are offering or telling you), and vote like you mean it.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

What we do and will be doing with AquaCraft in the years to come can only help all the business' you mentioned, including yours. We are not taking from anyone, but building a much bigger pie for everybody. This can either be capilized on, or complained about. The ones who sit back and complain, probably won't have a business in the future.
The jury's still out on this, but I will say that the TS2 has worked wonders for tunnels. If people start out with the TS2 and then add on some US made parts, or decide to upgrade to a different class with a US made boat or engine, great! However, if their entire purchase comes from outside, where's the benefit to the US job market?

It appears most do not really know what the relations are between US and China. Our goverment is helping to protect us more than what most think and I'm glad to see it that we are. I've see more factories close over in China in the last 2 year than ever before. Why, because we (USA:) have put regulations on how much product we can import, such as the clothing industry to name just one.
That's not entirely accurate. Many factories in China have closed because they are old and inefficient. They are being rapidly replaced by shiny new factories financed by OUR purchases. Where's the reciprocity? How many new factories are opening here to build products for China? Most likely NONE. China practicaly forces the outside company to open a factory in China to build their products locally rather than importing them. Meanwhile, they're learning how to make the product so they can eventually build their own knock-offs. OTOH, how many have US plants have closed so the company could shift that work offshore to places where labor rates are low and employees get few benefits? The fact is it's still way easier for the Chinese to get their products into our market than it is for US or any other countries company to get their product into the Chinese market.

We also limit the number of Visa's (not credit cards) to Chinese people to allow them to come over and visit. WE do not allow many of them to come into the country. I bet most did not know that....
How how about telling the REASON why we do this! It's not because we don't want visitors, it's because too many of them come here and STAY illegally. There are MILLIONS of people in China who hope they can get a visa to come here, melt into the woodwork, and stay long enough for another amnesty program to arrive (Gee, guess what our law makers are discussing right now?). Go to nearly any Chinese restaurant and you'll find at least one person who's here illegally. I didn't get any of this from the newspaper, I got it from talking to people. THIS is the kind of things most people don't know, did you?

Wanna know what they do once they get over here? They work incredibly hard, spend very little money, and send huge sums of $ back home to improve the lives of those they left back in China. Bet you didn't know that either...

Just the other day, 18 Chinese got out of a container box at the Port of Seattle. They spent something like two weeks in that container box before getting out of it.

JD

We need to start here to change the economy and tax structure:

Is it the players of the NFL or the NBA?

It Must Be The NBA???

36 have been accused of spousal abuse

7 have been arrested for fraud

19 have been accused of writing bad checks

117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses

3 have done time for assault

71 repeat 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

14 have been arrested on drug-related charges

8 have been arrested for shoplifting

21 currently are defendants in lawsuits.

84 have been arrested for drunk driving

in the last year

Can you guess which organization this is?

Give up yet? . . . Scroll down, citizen!

It's the 535 members of the United States Congress.

The same group of Idiots that crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.

I'm glad Tim started to stir up the kettle a little it. Some of the posts were getting sloow. Everyone has chimed in some great points and facts. I'll e watching ths one close and will chime in some more as I see fit.

How how about telling the REASON why we do this! It's not because we don't want visitors, it's because too many of them come here and STAY illegally. There are MILLIONS of people in China who hope they can get a visa to come here, melt into the woodwork, and stay long enough for another amnesty program to arrive (Gee, guess what our law makers are discussing right now?). Go to nearly any Chinese restaurant and you'll find at least one person who's here illegally. I didn't get any of this from the newspaper, I got it from talking to people. THIS is the kind of things most people don't know, did you?

Wanna know what they do once they get over here? They work incredibly hard, spend very little money, and send huge sums of $ back home to improve the lives of those they left back in China. Bet you didn't know that either...

I gotta say that's the most racist thng you can say and is highly insensitive to those on the board that are Chinese.

Yes, they work hard, yes they save their money. If you could live in the land of Milk and Honey, make some money and then go home rich to live w/your family wouldn't you??

Piper, your IN North Carolina?? I saw on the news that the Hispanics from Mexico are crossing the border and saving the farmers and other hard laborers a ton of money by doing the grunt work and other thankless jobs those of N.C are to emarrased to get for themselves. Yup, they complain aout the illegals but are to lazy to go take the jobs back for themselves. Want to stop illegal crossing?? Well, get Americans to work their lazy asses off and go get those crummy jobs they feel are beneath them! Hell, I guess food stamps and welfare show you have more pride then to pck lettuce! YEAH RIGHT!

Back