Charleston Model Boaters SC Championships Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. Green,

If you stop calling me Mr. Norris I'll stop calling you Mr. Green. I'm really looking Forward to watching some Good FE Racing in SC and Running my Old Yellow Ducer against you guys!

Well I have a surprise for the FE guys. While running in the open class, they will have to keep forward motion all of the time and cannot stop. If they do, they will declared as a dead boat. No moseying up to the line and stopping. Unfair advantage that will not occur. And their boat has to be in the water and under power before the final 30 seconds on the clock starts its count down and will have to complete at least 1 lap during mill time. Other than that, it is fair game to all.

I am also looking forward to having the join us and giving us a good show and education.

ok Scott... no more sir ;)

we're running Ducer's as well, a FE-42 [yellow deck-black hull] and a FE-38 [purple deck-white hull] in open mono...

John,

i assure you Chris and i had no intenion to sit idle at the start finish line and wait for zero!

we will toss in before 30 secs. and run a full seven laps!

thanks for the invite and opportunity to come play B)

W. Ron Green

I know you weren't. I had already spoken with Don Sallee weeks ago about the process we need to use and he agreed that it is fair to all concerned. It essentially even mirrors the process for the gas boats that has clutches and they still have forward motion, sometimes quite slow, but there is still some motion. And that is all that is required. Don has been testing his for the 7 laps needed to get the optimum results for the race. This should be really neat to watch.

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is what I an thinking. But the last thing I want to do is get in the Carolina's and have no BACK UP!!!! :huh: :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

I an back to the lake this weekend.I was satisfied with the results, but not the performance. I will know more after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Green,

If you stop calling me Mr. Norris I'll stop calling you Mr. Green. I'm really looking Forward to watching some Good FE Racing in SC and Running my Old Yellow Ducer against you guys! It gave me a fit in Atlanta but I think dropping down to almost Sea Level will help it alot. I've already been exposed to racing against FE boats once and I know some of ya'lls tricks. It just doesn't seem fair that ya'll can mosey up to the start line and STOP and WAIT on the clock to hit Zero! :lol: I also learned that just because a FE boat goes 2 feet underwater and stops dead that it isn't going to Zip off and run my hiney down!! :blink: :D

Looking forward to meeting you and having a Great weekend!

See you there!

Well I have a surprise for the FE guys. While running in the open class, they will have to keep forward motion all of the time and cannot stop. If they do, they will declared as a dead boat. No moseying up to the line and stopping. Unfair advantage that will not occur. And their boat has to be in the water and under power before the final 30 seconds on the clock starts its count down and will have to complete at least 1 lap during mill time. Other than that, it is fair game to all.

I am also looking forward to having the join us and giving us a good show and education.
Be careful John..... I hear the FE guys plan to SHOCK the Nitro guys with all of their AMPS.....

As an added incentive for those attending the race, for the raffle not only will we have a new Zenoah engine, 2 MOD-VP hulls, over $300.00 in prizes, but also 4 gasoline gift cards each worth $25.00 each. Still have to buy them but they will help offset some of the expense for a few lucky ones.

REMINDER - The race registration deadline is just a week away - 01 OCT - so do not delay. Last race of the year for the highpoints series for district. The point competition is exceptionally tight in many classes, especially among the tunnels and gas classes. The nitro classes also are tight with many ties going into this race. There are a LOT of racers that still have a shot in getting a district trophy. Get the entries in and quickly.

Joe W - We are all looking forward to seeing how much of a CHARGE the FE guys will put into the nitro guys. We all shall have loads of fun at the race and that is what it is all about. I truly hope that many more clubs than just our CMB club, will consider offering the chance to the FE racers to join in the fun and competition. The sad part is that they are rarely invited and are looking in from the outside almost always and we need to fix that. Real growth opportunity for the hobby and for the races offered. The races should consider offering the nitro, gas and FE classes. At our race next year, an FE hydro class most likely will be in the mix. The FE's WILL be running with us at the National Tunnel Championships next March. And the gas OB's too! It is ALL boat racing!

As an added incentive for those attending the race, for the raffle not only will we have a new Zenoah engine, 2 MOD-VP hulls, over $300.00 in prizes, but also 4 gasoline gift cards each worth $25.00 each. Still have to buy them but they will help offset some of the expense for a few lucky ones.

REMINDER - The race registration deadline is just a week away - 01 OCT - so do not delay. Last race of the year for the highpoints series for district. The point competition is exceptionally tight in many classes, especially among the tunnels and gas classes. The nitro classes also are tight with many ties going into this race. There are a LOT of racers that still have a shot in getting a district trophy. Get the entries in and quickly.

Joe W - We are all looking forward to seeing how much of a CHARGE the FE guys will put into the nitro guys. We all shall have loads of fun at the race and that is what it is all about. I truly hope that many more clubs than just our CMB club, will consider offering the chance to the FE racers to join in the fun and competition. The sad part is that they are rarely invited and are looking in from the outside almost always and we need to fix that. Real growth opportunity for the hobby and for the races offered. The races should consider offering the nitro, gas and FE classes. At our race next year, an FE hydro class most likely will be in the mix. The FE's WILL be running with us at the National Tunnel Championships next March. And the gas OB's too! It is ALL boat racing!
There are some FE Large AMP boaters here in North Miss I hope they bring their game to Huntsville. I plan to be there in Open mono to mix it up with them....... they are a Hoot to boat with.....

Last week of registration for this race. DEADLINE is this Sunday, 01 October. Final district 13 race for the year for the highpoints series. The district awards for those qualifying classes will be given out at the end of the race. There are 24 classes offered so no class of boats, including the Fast Electrics, are left out. All are invited to come and race.

Between the prizes and the gas cards worth $100.00, there is over $650.00 being offered in the raffle. Plus 2 new MOD-VP tunnel boats in the raffle. Trophy plaques (Over $1,000.00 in cost) for every class offered has been obtained for the race.

Cooked food on site is available for Friday and Sunday. A BBQ lunch with rice, & cole slaw will be available for Saturday at lunch. The hospitality and red carpet is being rolled out so don't miss out. Motel rooms are just $45.00 and includes hot breakfast for 2 people.

Links to the flyer and race is contained in Posts #1 & 31. Come on in and wind up the season with a great race.

Tick Tick Tick Tick........... Entrys are Rolling in Folks. Looks like ALL Classes Will RUN. The Tunnels Entrys are looking Great and 5 Entrys so far in Q-1 Mono Fast Electric!!

Get em in Guys and Gals! Going to be a Fun Weekend!

SC Champs Info

Hey guys,

We need a few more scales and sport 40's at the race. Anyone got one laying around, you could clean-up and bring to the race???? I know there must be a few that could be raced with very little work. Fred and I need just two or three more boats. Don't know what happened to the Jax bunch?? Steamer

And I understand that the District 12 race in northern Virginia for the same weekend was just moved back this morning to the following weekend (Oct 14th & 15th) due to a conflict with the race site. May give some racers the opportunity to come now to the CMB race. We still have openings in all classes and will work with you on getting your entries in to us. We are easy!

Almost $700.00 in raffle prizes are on the table and over 20 different classes being offered to run. Site prep has been finished and we are ready to race!

And I understand that the District 12 race in northern Virginia for the same weekend was just moved back this morning to the following weekend (Oct 14th & 15th) due to a conflict with the race site. May give some racers the opportunity to come now to the CMB race. We still have openings in all classes and will work with you on getting your entries in to us. We are easy!

Almost $700.00 in raffle prizes are on the table and over 20 different classes being offered to run. Site prep has been finished and we are ready to race!
John if I had any unscheduled leave time left I'd do both but I can't. HOWEVER ..... for next year perhaps if we can keep the dates seperated ..... ;)

John if I had any unscheduled leave time left I'd do both but I can't. HOWEVER ..... for next year perhaps if we can keep the dates seperated ..... ;)

Understand - back to back races is tough for anyone to do. Right on with the race schedules for next year. Need to complement rather than compete with each other.

Tick Tick Tick Tick........... Entrys are Rolling in Folks. Looks like ALL Classes Will RUN. The Tunnels Entrys are looking Great and 5 Entrys so far in Q-1 Mono Fast Electric!!

Get em in Guys and Gals! Going to be a Fun Weekend!

SC Champs Info
Im ready!!!

we made our last min. rounds of the LHS's today for more "stuff" spare parts, props and such...

trailer is pre-loaded and we're anxious as a rooster in a...

well you get the idea...

gonna be a HOOT!

Ron

one more thing...

Chris and i will be show'n up on Thursday afternoon and staying at the Ramada till Monday...

if any of you folks signed up for the S.C.C. will be at the Ramada on Thursday evening we'd love to say hey...

our room is booked under {Ron Green] and we'll be check'n in around 6 PM...

Ron

one more thing...

Chris and i will be show'n up on Thursday afternoon and staying at the Ramada till Monday...

if any of you folks signed up for the S.C.C. will be at the Ramada on Thursday evening we'd love to say hey...

our room is booked under {Ron Green] and we'll be check'n in around 6 PM...

Ron

A couple club members and myself will be at the lake late Thurs afternoon doing final race preparations. Must welcome to come by and drop the trailer if you like - safe and secure - private facility. We would be honored to meet you both then if possible.

A couple club members and myself will be at the lake late Thurs afternoon doing final race preparations. Must welcome to come by and drop the trailer if you like - safe and secure - private facility. We would be honored to meet you both then if possible.
John,

we plan meet up with Don Sallee at the lake before checking in the Ramada on Thursday evening...

we'll be arriving lakeside early afternoon around 2:00... 2:30

look forward to meet'n ya...

Ron

Hey guys,

We need a few more scales and sport 40's at the race. Anyone got one laying around, you could clean-up and bring to the race???? I know there must be a few that could be raced with very little work. Fred and I need just two or three more boats. Don't know what happened to the Jax bunch?? Steamer
You've got at least one more sport 40!

Hey guys,

You've got at least one more sport 40!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Glad you could get the Kitchen Pass Chuck!!!

Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick

Back