Charleston Model Boaters SC Championships Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John I thought the race was on Saturday, and I had to work that day. If I knew it was on Sunday instead I would have been there.

James-- I have been put on a hobby budget since buying the new house. I also had to get a new truck, wrecked the grey truck. By the way, you're one to talk about spending the ol' hobby dollars....... You should have gotten the 944S or the turbo, at least you didn't get one of the very anemic late 80's 944 or a 924.

Funny you should mention that. I sold the Porsche today. It doesnt hold enough R/C stuff. I bought a 1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab with a camper cover. It hauls all sorts of R/C stuff....

I wish I could have found the 944 turbo, but there are not many around, or they want WAY too much for them. I enjoyed the 944 while I had it though, handled great. I could see that car becoming a huge money pit that I didnt want to deal with.. Too many R/C Planes, Boats and cars to buy....

How did you wreck the old truck?

~James

John I thought the race was on Saturday, and I had to work that day. If I knew it was on Sunday instead I would have been there.

James-- I have been put on a hobby budget since buying the new house. I also had to get a new truck, wrecked the grey truck. By the way, you're one to talk about spending the ol' hobby dollars....... You should have gotten the 944S or the turbo, at least you didn't get one of the very anemic late 80's 944 or a 924.

Karl,

Our club races are on Sunday's. We do some special testing on Saturday's upon occasion but not club racing.

Our next club race is SUNDAY, 13 AUGUST, about 12 noon with racing about 1:30. Call me if you need help!

John

~James
Dude turned left right in front of me. The only thing I could do was say" This is going to be bad....." I t-boned the guy and did a barrel roll. Ended up in the ditch on the wheels. Both of us walked away from the wreck with minor injuries. I'll send you pics of the truck if you want.

John- I'll do my best to be there. I'll even work on my boat some before then too. I just ordered a pipe, dry box and a prop.

Funny you should mention that. I sold the Porsche today. It doesnt hold enough R/C stuff. I bought a 1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab with a camper cover. It hauls all sorts of R/C stuff....

I wish I could have found the 944 turbo, but there are not many around, or they want WAY too much for them. I enjoyed the 944 while I had it though, handled great. I could see that car becoming a huge money pit that I didnt want to deal with.. Too many R/C Planes, Boats and cars to buy....

~James
I know the Toyota trucks can handle at least two boats inside , and the area behind is even bigger....

Ronald.

Reminder about the upcoming race in Charleston. Race is just 9 weeks away. Start making your final plans and get your entries in. Entry limit of 150 boats. There are 24 classes being offered. No other race in the country has as many classes being offered. And we shall have the first Fast Electric (FE) class run in District 13 racing along with the nitro and gas boats. A head to head competition of the FE monos against the nitros & gas and an added separate FE mono class as well. See post #1 for more details.

The race site is absolutely wide open with nothing to catch or retain the noise of the engines. From the testing we have done in the club so far this year, the DB limit should not be an issue. Even a twin run at the site has been firmly under the limit at 90.

Come one, come up to 150 boats!

John,

sent in two more entries for the Q-1 Mono class at the SCC earlier tonight...

that makes five so far, and we're still beat'n the bushes for more!

looks like we'll make a class out of it!

Capt'n Ron B)

The CMB South Carolina Championships are now just 6 weeks away. Now that the summer is winding down, get your final fall plans set and come on to the race. Check post #1 for the race flyer. We have an entry limit of 150 boats.

Special challenge cup competitions for the nitro mono and hydro divisions. 40 sized boats and up all trying to get to the final round of 6 after 4 qualifying heats to come away with the championship with second and third place awards given as well. Limit of 18 boats per division.

For the first time in IMPBA District 13, we have a Q-1 mono class for the Fast Electric racers at a district race. Some will even try their hand in the mono cup challenge to run head to head against the nitro mono boats.

The motel setup is the best around, Ramada Inn, for $45.00 per night with a full hot breakfast for 2 people INCLUDED.

Do not delay in getting your entries in. The race will be here before you know it and the entry deadline of 01 October is barely a month away.

CMB President

All right guys, we are now inside of a month before this race on the 7th and 8th of October. Enough of sitting on your duffs. This race is the next to last District 13 highpoints race of the year and the points competition will be quite tight after this coming weekends race in Atlanta. There will be no district GrandPrix races until early November so let's plan on coming. There are 24 classes available with a 150 boat limit.

Do not forget the special competition of the open cup challenges for the nitro hydro and mono divisions. We have a surprise for the mono racers running in that division. Only 18 spaces available for each one. Entry forms are noted in the first post.

This race is less than 3 weeks from now and I want to make sure all of you have a chance to get in on time. I don't want to hear any whining about I didn't know about it or it was too expensive. Gas in SC was at $2.09 when I came through there yesterday and it should keep dropping and John Knight has lined up $45 a night accomodations for us at the Ramada Inn, a nice place, close and clean! The weather should be nice and the pond will be groomed and a Great place to have a Fall Relaxed Race. Get your entrys in because I want to see you all and do some racing before Winter sets in! Please come! WE WILL HAVE FUN!

http://www.rmhalliday.com/CMBFile/cmbscc/SCChamps.html

http://www.rmhalliday.com/CMBFile/cmbscc/CMB2006HP.pdf

See all of you there I hope!!!

This race is less than 3 weeks from now and I want to make sure all of you have a chance to get in on time. I don't want to hear any whining about I didn't know about it or it was too expensive. Gas in SC was at $2.09 when I came through there yesterday and it should keep dropping and John Knight has lined up $45 a night accomodations for us at the Ramada Inn, a nice place, close and clean! The weather should be nice and the pond will be groomed and a Great place to have a Fall Relaxed Race. Get your entrys in because I want to see you all and do some racing before Winter sets in! Please come! WE WILL HAVE FUN!

http://www.rmhalliday.com/CMBFile/cmbscc/SCChamps.html

http://www.rmhalliday.com/CMBFile/cmbscc/CMB2006HP.pdf

See all of you there I hope!!!

Mr. Norris,

the trailer is loaded, only one boat left to finish and test :eek:

looking forward to the SCC and a relaxed weekend of doing circles...

just one request, be gentle with us FE guys in the Open Nitro [mono] Challenge... i've got a feeling we might have stuck it out on this one ;)

Capt'n Ron

Mr. Green,

If you stop calling me Mr. Norris I'll stop calling you Mr. Green. I'm really looking Forward to watching some Good FE Racing in SC and Running my Old Yellow Ducer against you guys! It gave me a fit in Atlanta but I think dropping down to almost Sea Level will help it alot. I've already been exposed to racing against FE boats once and I know some of ya'lls tricks. It just doesn't seem fair that ya'll can mosey up to the start line and STOP and WAIT on the clock to hit Zero! :lol: I also learned that just because a FE boat goes 2 feet underwater and stops dead that it isn't going to Zip off and run my hiney down!! :blink: :D

Looking forward to meeting you and having a Great weekend!

See you there!

Mr. Green,

If you stop calling me Mr. Norris I'll stop calling you Mr. Green. I'm really looking Forward to watching some Good FE Racing in SC and Running my Old Yellow Ducer against you guys! It gave me a fit in Atlanta but I think dropping down to almost Sea Level will help it alot. I've already been exposed to racing against FE boats once and I know some of ya'lls tricks. It just doesn't seem fair that ya'll can mosey up to the start line and STOP and WAIT on the clock to hit Zero! :lol: I also learned that just because a FE boat goes 2 feet underwater and stops dead that it isn't going to Zip off and run my hiney down!! :blink: :D

Looking forward to meeting you and having a Great weekend!

See you there!

Well I have a surprise for the FE guys. While running in the open class, they will have to keep forward motion all of the time and cannot stop. If they do, they will declared as a dead boat. No moseying up to the line and stopping. Unfair advantage that will not occur. And their boat has to be in the water and under power before the final 30 seconds on the clock starts its count down and will have to complete at least 1 lap during mill time. Other than that, it is fair game to all.

I am also looking forward to having the join us and giving us a good show and education.

Scott..........Were is the link that showed the Dist. points totals. I have to Study IT!!! ;) ;)

Well I have a surprise for the FE guys. While running in the open class, they will have to keep forward motion all of the time and cannot stop. If they do, they will declared as a dead boat. No moseying up to the line and stopping. Unfair advantage that will not occur. And their boat has to be in the water and under power before the final 30 seconds on the clock starts its count down and will have to complete at least 1 lap during mill time. Other than that, it is fair game to all.

I am also looking forward to having the join us and giving us a good show and education.
John

Don't be so hard on these guys. I think you will be the BOSS being the CD , ....hu...

Ronald.

Mr. Green,

If you stop calling me Mr. Norris I'll stop calling you Mr. Green. I'm really looking Forward to watching some Good FE Racing in SC and Running my Old Yellow Ducer against you guys!

ok Scott... no more sir ;)

we're running Ducer's as well, a FE-42 [yellow deck-black hull] and a FE-38 [purple deck-white hull] in open mono...

John,

i assure you Chris and i had no intenion to sit idle at the start finish line and wait for zero!

we will toss in before 30 secs. and run a full seven laps!

thanks for the invite and opportunity to come play B)

W. Ron Green

UPDATE! Included in the Raffle Prizes for this race are 2- MOD VP Hulls and a Stock Zenoah 260 Engine!!

Latest posts

Back