Charleston Model Boaters SC Championships Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

We need a few more scales and sport 40's at the race. Anyone got one laying around, you could clean-up and bring to the race???? I know there must be a few that could be raced with very little work. Fred and I need just two or three more boats. Don't know what happened to the Jax bunch?? Steamer
You've got at least one more sport 40!

EXCELLENT!! Looking forward to your coming.

Do I need to leave the 40 hydro at home? I don't see any entries for the class on the website.

Billy,

I have a extra pair of glasses for you when you arrive. D Hydro is on page 2 and has 3 boats. The class will run unless you don't think you can handle us! We expected more from both north and south to enter but they did not come. May be adding one tonight or tomorrow. Bring it on.

Do I need to leave the 40 hydro at home? I don't see any entries for the class on the website.

Billy,

I have a extra pair of glasses for you when you arrive. D Hydro is on page 2 and has 3 boats. The class will run unless you don't think you can handle us! We expected more from both north and south to enter but they did not come. May be adding one tonight or tomorrow. Bring it on.
Hmmm, I seem to recall that Mr Norris has a D hydro. I do too, but it seems I'll never make time to assemble it...

Meanwhile, I just learned that I've become the only entry in Sport 40! :( Oh well, that's one less boat to prep & pack.

Billy,

Hmmm, I seem to recall that Mr Norris has a D hydro. I do too, but it seems I'll never make time to assemble it...

Meanwhile, I just learned that I've become the only entry in Sport 40! :( Oh well, that's one less boat to prep & pack.

Chuck,

Not so fast - run it in the D hydro class. It does qualify for the class and you DO LOVE to run that boat. It may be more competitive than you may first think. Interested in doing so?

And you can also run it in the open hydro class as well. Plenty of options available.

Billy,

Chuck,

Not so fast - run it in the D hydro class. It does qualify for the class and you DO LOVE to run that boat. It may be more competitive than you may first think. Interested in doing so?

And you can also run it in the open hydro class as well. Plenty of options available.
Hmmm, now there's an idea. Guess I'll bring it after all. I'm a bit concerned about the open hydro class, nothing I have will be able to run against you guys with those big block riggers. I sure hope my new boat and engine arrives in time to get it ready. If not, it'll be either sport 40 or .81 sprintcat in the open hydro. What the heck, even if I've got the slow boat, it's still racing!

Billy,

John, No need for the specs. I didnt see the other page :blink: And you know I ain't scared. Dont let the pressure get to you this time. :D

Billy,

John, No need for the specs. I didnt see the other page :blink: And you know I ain't scared. Dont let the pressure get to you this time. :D

Not a chance! The boat will be tighter this time. BTW there is an additional boat now in the class so we may all be eating crow before it is over.

Billy,

Not a chance! The boat will be tighter this time. BTW there is an additional boat now in the class so we may all be eating crow before it is over.
Another boat? The more the better. Who's the late entry?

Billy,

Another boat? The more the better. Who's the late entry?
Perhaps someone whose class was cancelled but the boat is also legal in D hydro? ;)

Looks like a rough day for the guys in Charleston, weather.com says they've got 18-20mph winds with rain & thunderstorms tomorrow....... :blink:

Winds shouldnt be too much trouble, the pond has excellent wind cover around 90% of it. The rain is another story.

~James

Looks like a rough day for the guys in Charleston, weather.com says they've got 18-20mph winds with rain & thunderstorms tomorrow....... :blink:
So much for weather.com. It was a GREAT weekend for boating. Not too hot, sometimes overcast, sometimes clear, not terribly windy, and a total of about 10 minutes of light rain this afternoon. What a great way to end the boating season! Many thanks to everyone from the Charleston club for a job well done! :)

Latest posts

Back