Charleston Model Boaters SC Championships Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

The CMB club is pleased to officially announce the SC Championships District 13 high points race to be held in our newly enlarged, full size, 6 lap lake located near Walterboro, SC, on 7 and 8 Oct, 2006. All of the District 13 high points classes, including all gas, nitro and tunnel classes, will be offered. In addition, the special MOD-VP tunnel class competition, being run exclusively in District 13 will also be offered.

As a very special competition, the CMB club will run two speciality classes for this race. They are called:

RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG OPEN NITRO MONO AND HYDRO CUP CHALLENGES

These classes will be limited to the first 18 entries per division (mono or hydro), and must be powered by an engine(s) of 40 or larger. THERE IS NO CID LIMIT FOR THE CLASSES. You may run as large as an engine(s) as you desire, including multiple CMB 101's. Any mono will qualify. Hydros will be limited to riggers, cats and sport 40's. No scales, tunnels or 20 size engine powered boats can be entered. Format will be heats of 6 boats each, 4 rounds, top 6 boats in points go into a final round. Trophies wil be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Page 2 of the attached race flyer is the form to be used for the Cup Challenge.

There is a 150 boat limit. Plan early as you don't want to miss it. We fully expect that this race will be sold out well before it is held. Pre-registration is mandatory.

In converstation with Andy Brown, he has indicated he will attend and will run a twin Eagle powered by his new A/A engines. Jerry Crowther has also committed to attend the race.

As I noted earlier, the CMB club moved it's race operations to the other side of the lake. Not only did it give us a full sized lake to run on with a large amount of room in the front and back straights, it has increased the shoreline to set up canopies and your race areas threefold.

Race motel headquaters is the Ramada Inn, Walterboro, with a nightly rate of $45.00 including a full hot breakfast each morning.

OPEN WATER will be Friday (only) from 9 am until 7 pm and will be controlled the entire day.

LET THE SMACK TALKING BEGIN!

John

CMB_2006_High_Points_Entry_Form.doc

Attachments

• CMB_2006_High_Points_Entry_Form.doc
    36 KB · Views: 101
Last edited by a moderator:
As I noted earlier, the CMB club moved it's race operations to the other side of the lake. Not only did it give us a full sized lake to run on with a large amount of room in the front and back straights, it has increased the shoreline to set up canopies and your race areas threefold.
Another FULL SIZE course in DXIII!!! Way to go fellas! This is good news indeed!

Later,

Lamar

Can't wait to see six of the Mod-VP boats battling it out on the full size courses. John, no way you are getting the same boat three times in a row. I've made sure of that. :lol:

Sounds like SC in Columbus Day for me this year. John you better increase that 150 boats limit. This race could become the "Fall Nats", I should say that even my wife likes this one.

JOSE

Can't wait to see six of the Mod-VP boats battling it out on the full size courses. John, no way you are getting the same boat three times in a row. I've made sure of that. :lol:

THANK YOU!!!

Sounds like SC in Columbus Day for me this year. John you better increase that 150 boats limit. This race could become the "Fall Nats", I should say that even my wife likes this one.

JOSE

Time will tell what we need to do. But waiting to enter will not be in anyone's best interest that if for sure. Between the early entries from the District 13 and our club members we are already at about 30. We can promise you that the race will worth coming to. A lot of fun with superb racing. The term "Fall Nats" has a nice ring to it!

Time will tell what we need to do. But waiting to enter will not be in anyone's best interest that if for sure. Between the early entries from the District 13 and our club members we are already at about 30. We can promise you that the race will worth coming to. A lot of fun with superb racing. The term "Fall Nats" has a nice ring to it!
Scott and his wife will be in town this weekend for a baby shower. I will check w/ the gang and see who is going to be able to make it and who is not...

John, if you plan on doing T-Shirts for the race let me know and I will hook you up with my graphics guy. He did the 05' and 06 Spring Nats T's for me.

Later,

Lamar

Scott and his wife will be in town this weekend for a baby shower. I will check w/ the gang and see who is going to be able to make it and who is not...

John, if you plan on doing T-Shirts for the race let me know and I will hook you up with my graphics guy. He did the 05' and 06 Spring Nats T's for me.

Later,

Lamar

Tee shirts and hats have been discussed but that is as far as it has gotten so far. We have a club race in about 10 days and we shall decide them what we shall pursue. Can you send me an e mail with the costs of the work so we know what that portion would be approximately?

Tee shirts and hats have been discussed but that is as far as it has gotten so far. We have a club race in about 10 days and we shall decide them what we shall pursue. Can you send me an e mail with the costs of the work so we know what that portion would be approximately?
John, YGM... To get an accurate estimate it would be best to give him a ring. You can spend as little or as much as you want. It just depnds on what you want the finished product to look like.

Lamar

Hey John a we are coming to your race. Waiting to see you some entries from your club :blink:

thanks Mike

Hey John a we are coming to your race. Waiting to see you some enries from your club :blink:

thanks Mike

I hope that many will come down. Please get the flyer to the guys and tell them not to wait long. Don't forget you and Chuck have D13 points in the bank for the tunnel race and the spring nats. Our race also goes towards the high points competition but not the grand prix series, which is a different series. Potential end of year district awards are up for grabs.

I know of several club members that plan to go to your race. I have to wait for my DR appointment at the end of the month to see about myself. Current treatment is winding down but not sure if it will take care of it enough. Will advise when I talk with him.

Hey John a we are coming to your race. Waiting to see you some enries from your club :blink:

thanks Mike

I hope that many will come down. Please get the flyer to the guys and tell them not to wait long. Don't forget you and Chuck have D13 points in the bank for the tunnel race and the spring nats. Our race also goes towards the high points competition but not the grand prix series, which is a different series. Potential end of year district awards are up for grabs.

I know of several club members that plan to go to your race. I have to wait for my DR appointment at the end of the month to see about myself. Current treatment is winding down but not sure if it will take care of it enough. Will advise when I talk with him.
John they can get the race flyer from the District 12 website (www.impba12.com)

thanks Mike

John they can the race flyer from the District 12 website (www.impba12.com)

Very good. Remind Frank and Allen about the race as they don't come on this site often. And drag Mr. Byer all the way down with you. He NEEDS to get out of Archdale some!

With all the rain (4 in.) we have had, the pond is in great shape !!!

Butch

Are there going to be any gas classes or just nitro? I am new to the boat stuff, so I don't know if the gas boats make a good showing or not.

Thanks

Oh..... if anyone can give me a hand actually building my boat, I would greatly appreciate the help.

You still havent built that thing Karl.....? are you waiting on the fiberglass hull to cure or what? Yes there will be plenty of classes for your boat to run in, but you gotta get it going first.

John Knight or Don Gilbert can help you get the boat going, John lives in North Charleston, and Don lives in Hannahan, just over the bridge close to my old house.

~James

John, Really looking forward to your next race. I hope to have a couple of new boats to race.

Stan

James I still haven't collected all the parts I need for it. I have to sell of a bunch of my car stuff to get the rest of the parts. I have to say that I thought that r/c cars wre expensive, this frickin' boat is draining the hobby account.

James I still haven't collected all the parts I need for it. I have to sell of a bunch of my car stuff to get the rest of the parts. I have to say that I thought that r/c cars wre expensive, this frickin' boat is draining the hobby account.

Karl,

Hook up with the local club here and most likely we can help you find ways to keep the $$$ down. Many ways to skin the cat. Looked for you last Sunday, but .....

John

come on Karl.... put up a few peices of trim, or build a cabinet, or something and the boat could be finished.

Dont let him fool you John.... Ive seen this guy spend more $ in a hobby shop than most! :D

~James

Latest posts

Back