Charleston Model Boaters SC Championships Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really Fun Weekend of Racing. Weather was NICE and we got through 4 Rounds with ease! Great bunch of racers showed up and the FE Guys showed us their stuff! It was fun to watch and I think they had a good time and will be back next time with Mono and Hydro FE Classes! Great Race to end the D13 year with and I'm looking forward to next years Schedule!

Had Fun Ya'll! :D

How did the F/E boys from FLA do??? I know Ron and Chris were fired up about racing with you guys.. B)

John Knight? Bobby Halliday?? Results??? I know it was a long hard weekend but don't give out on us now!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bobby took all of the score sheets with him to use to post the results. From the awards given yesterday, the big winners from the race and the end of year district awards were Scott Littler, Scott Norris, Chuck Gardiner, Mike Hemric, Fred Lumb Jr, Don Gilbert, Mark Poole, Billy Gomillion, Randy Dicks (coming out of a 2 year layoff) and myself. All were multiple award winners. We had 3 new "water babies" for the race that were baptized accordingly.

Don Sallee drove a FE mono in the 20 mono class and took 2nd place for the race after a consistent showing in all 4 heats. First time a FE boat won a trophy in a district class. He also placed in the Q-1 FE mono class.

All of the FE boats were competitive and entertaining for their first foray into heat racing. Invitations to them were extended for next years National Tunnel Championships in March and our October race, and hopefully will include a FE hydro class for the racers in addition to the FE mono class. They have a place with us if they choose to continue. Overall the FE racers did very well. Their boats scooted around the lake quite fast. The nitro and gas racers were impressed. Ron Green and Chris Harris told me at breakfast on Sunday morning that they need to replan on the batteries used due to the high draw needed for the long duration racing. They used this race as a beta test for themselves and learned a great deal and will know what to expect next time.

Many thanks to our corporate sponsors, over 20 of them, that made our race possible and such a success. Over $700.00 in raffle prizes and two MOD-VP tunnel hulls donated by Mark Poole of Outboard Model Concepts, were in the prize pool. If you passed this race by you missed an excellent race with all fun and still good weather. Excellent food for all too. Saturday's and Sunday's high were in the mid 70's and dense air, over 100% on the air density meter.

John

CMB President

Thanks to the CMB... Don Sallee, John Knight. B. Halliday and all the folks in attendance for a great weekend of racing!

we had good fun, witnessed some great heat racing and came away a little smarter and wiser :blink: for our efforts...

well worth the trip to South Carolina!

i look forward to the CMB '2007 S.C.C!

Capt'n Ron B)

I would also like to add that the Mod-VP class came right down to the wire for District Champion. John Knight and Fred Lumb Jr. both drove like true racers going for the win in every heat knowing that it was not over until it was over. In fact, two other racers had a mathematical shot at it. That is how close this series was! John came out on top and is now the first ever Champion in RC Mod-VP. Thanks to everyone who participated, it was great fun watching!

Warning: Mark will be driving in it next year. B)

I would also like to add that the Mod-VP class came right down to the wire for District Champion. John Knight and Fred Lumb Jr. both drove like true racers going for the win in every heat knowing that it was not over until it was over. In fact, two other racers had a mathematical shot at it. That is how close this series was! John came out on top and is now the first ever Champion in RC Mod-VP. Thanks to everyone who participated, it was great fun watching!

Congrats to John for the win! No Comments on What Will Happen NEXT YEAR. :D

With at least 6 permanent MOD-VP owners now, the class will be highly competitive within the district next year. And I will have 2 hulls, one to race and one to potentially experiment with. It will be rather interesting next year. Already unloaded all the extra weight put into the "Miss Pinkie" by Mark to slow it down.

Scott,

Hope that was not an attempt at intemidation already. ;) A couple of more races, I may just get tired of my FE getting sprayed with Nitro exhaust and show you a clean rooster tail. Twleve months can make a huge difference in the FE world (new technology etc.) Hope to be able to enter the Open Mono next year. Took a lot of good leassons from you Nitro Mono guys. Thanks for the spirited race and allowing me to run with you guys in B-Mono.

r,

Don Sallee

Latest posts

Back