Cell phone#'s being released to telemarketing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieB

Guys,

In 14 days, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start receiving Sales Calls. To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time.

It blocks your number for five (5) years.

You can register on-line at www.donotcall.gov/ where you can register 3-phone#'s at a time.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS:

Guys,

In 14 days, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start receiving Sales Calls. To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time.

It blocks your number for five (5) years.

You can register on-line at www.donotcall.gov/ where you can register 3-phone#'s at a time.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS:
They are not just being released, they are being sold at a hefty price. The cell providers were able to justify this to the FCC claiming lost revenues because of "pricing wars". I have already listed my cell on the National Do Not Call Registry, my home number has been on there since the registry was started. Charlie is correct, it's fast & simple especially on line. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had started to get unsolicated calls on my cell phone about a month ago. PISSED me off, so I called and put my number on the do-not call list.

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
I had started to get unsolicated calls on my cell phone about a month ago. PISSED me off, so I called and put my number on the do-not call list.

Doug

When you get a call, tell them to take your number off their list that your number is listed in the Ntl No Call list. This will be passed on by them. Pain in the butt we have to pay to listen to their sales pitch. After doing the above I have hardly gotten any calls in the past couple of years.

Bill

Doug

When you get a call, tell them to take your number off their list that your number is listed in the Ntl No Call list. This will be passed on by them. Pain in the butt we have to pay to listen to their sales pitch. After doing the above I have hardly gotten any calls in the past couple of years.

Bill
You can request them to take you off their list but what they all do is have several cities calling you to pimp their products. They take you off the Georgia call list and move you to Delaware, then California, then Oregon etc.....It's a vicious and annoying cycle.

Guys, just to let you know what has happened over here, basically everytime you sign up for something online or on paper which requires your cellphone number as part of the registration, be careful. Most of them will normally have a clause that allows them to sell you cell number, as they know most of us dont bother to read the terms and conditions carefully, as we are too keen on getting the item we are signing up for.

The number of calls I received was bad enough, but in a country the size of the US....... :blink:

This is old news and is false. Please check out rumors like this with a site like www.snopes.com before you waste even more bandwidth with this kind of BS.

re.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp
Well Eric I can tell you that I know 3 different people who've received unsolicited telemarketing calls on their cell phone in the last month, all in different areas & all with different providers. Regardless, it does not hurt to add your cell phone to the National do not call registry.

This is old news and is false. Please check out rumors like this with a site like www.snopes.com before you waste even more bandwidth with this kind of BS.

re.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp
Well Eric I can tell you that I know 3 different people who've received unsolicited telemarketing calls on their cell phone in the last month, all in different areas & all with different providers. Regardless, it does not hurt to add your cell phone to the National do not call registry.
You should add all of your numbers to the National Do Not Call registry ans well as your State's DNC. Often then state DNC is more restrictive than the National DNC which does not prevent calls from not for profit government agencies. If you register on-line hold on to the confirmation response. Once the number is on the DNC it's up to you to report any infractions. Also understand that the DNC does not apply to companies that you have conducted business with which means it will not stop collection calls etc.

As for calling cell phones, it's actually against the law to call a cell phone without prior approval regardless of the relationship. Unfortunately, the law can not be enforced since portability was introduced and cell phones can now be assigned to any area code & exchange.

Do as my wife does (esp if you are not needing to make a call)

just tell them to hang on a tic ... put the phone down and walk away... best record we have so far is 1 hour 15 mins that the clown actually stayed on waiting ....

Back