Celina Summer Challenge XXVI

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan, I talked with Tom Saddler this afternoon. Seeing how there's not a concession trailer or truck for the event, he's checking around to see who he can get to deliver food to the site. Hopefully he or I will have some good news later on.

If any of you who attended to Hobart race we had a lady with a restaurant who came down, took orders and delivered the food right to our pits. She made a killing every year and made a lot of friends. I still talk to her on Facebook. All we'd need is just one place with a variety of food and they'd do a great business. I've already got a full trailer so I don't want to haul anything more than I really need to. The last time I brought a propane grill and a cooler full of food.
yes, I think that's the way to go . I know being up in the tower you cant leave very long , the race has to keep moving.

Pizza Hut is very close and I know a few of us have dined there. I'm assuming that they deliver. The McDonald's is awful although really close also. Around the corner across from the Best Western is a Bob Evans and other places along Havermann Road. Don't eat at the Chinese buffet next to the America's Best! Tom told me the one on Havermann is much better.

I haven't heard anything back from him yet as of tonight so I'm hoping that he's trying to find us a good place that will deliver. There's always the Wal-mart Deli.

Pizza Hut is very close and I know a few of us have dined there. I'm assuming that they deliver. The McDonald's is awful although really close also. Around the corner across from the Best Western is a Bob Evans and other places along Havermann Road. Don't eat at the Chinese buffet next to the America's Best!
why, is it next door to a veterinary clinic?

default_wink.png

Pizza Hut is very close and I know a few of us have dined there. I'm assuming that they deliver. The McDonald's is awful although really close also. Around the corner across from the Best Western is a Bob Evans and other places along Havermann Road. Don't eat at the Chinese buffet next to the America's Best!
why, is it next door to a veterinary clinic?

default_wink.png
Fresh cat?
Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

ROAD INFORMATION.

the only construction close to Celina that I know of is sr 29 WEST of Celina 6 miles for a bridge out . those who take I-69 to marion Indiana (sr 18 )then cut off east to sr 29 can do so. then take it as far as you can go, when they have it blocked so you can go no further, make a right on sr 49 south, go one mile , make a left on a county road and go 2 miles east, then left on any county road 1 mile back to sr 29. just watch the stop signs and be careful. van wert is all open , no closures off us 30 to 127 south to Celina.

I-75 in Findlay , oh area coming from Toledo, area is construction , but should have no delays.

impba cards.

no food concession at site,

drivers meeting at 8:00 Saturday first heat out immediately after meeting ,

get registered Friday if possible.

controlled open water Friday after setup complete. volunteers welcome.

will have a few shirts for sale, got a couple extrasl

we will have 2 retrieve boats running, volunteers are also welcome.

have a safe trip. ,

Dan

If anyone attending has a Speedmaster Lollipop style pipe mount and wants to part with it let me know as I need one for the build table.. Thaks

Capture.JPG

Gerry

i understand that a spot in Gas Cat has opened up, if so please put me back in. Got new boat in 2 weeks instead of 6 so it ready to run.

Don Brown

Happy to hear the race went well in spite of the weather! Can the final racing results be posted? Who one the T-Shirt contest? J. Betke

A little bit of rain on Saturday, but nothing near what was predicted. Got to see my buddy Bobby Morton and Tom Saddler's cool gasser

Thanks Driftwood Club....especially the great retrieve boat crews.

Thanks Driftwood guys. We always have a good time in Celina. We pitted next to the SOMBC guys and gals. The laughs never quit. Such a fun bunch. Thanks to Mr Zaker for the prop help. Just like nothing happened to it.

We got really lucky on Saturday as I was already back at the motel when all Hell broke loose with the rain. I had a room overlooking Grand St. Mary's Lake and I couldn't see half-way across it. This is when it wasn't bad.

Next weekend they're having a big Amphicar meeting at that Eagles Lodge. Rides for a donation.

stmarys.jpg

I want to Thank all that attended the race. I would also like to Thank all the Driftwood members that helped out, especially the retrieve boat crew. The race dates for next year will be July 20 & 21, 2019. Look for the registration to open January 1, 2019. Attached are the results of the 2018 Celina Summer Challenge. Once again Thank You to all that attended and helped out this year.

2018 celina summer challenge final results.pdf

Attachments

• 2018 celina summer challenge final results.pdf
    87.4 KB · Views: 104
Back