Carbon Pipe for Nova DD 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Davis

I was asked to design a new carbon pipe for the Nova Rossi DD 21.

After 2 prototypes to make sure that the pipe holds up to our temps, the pipe has shown that it will both hold up and really perform well on this engine in stock form.

The pipe will stage well with a length of 8" but if shortened will not stage. An unusual characteristic, but a very consistent staging at that length. Another of my friends has been running the just purchased pipe and is also saying that it is staging for him also and is impressing his buddies in testing.

The person making the pipe is Brian Buaas (raptor347) on this forum. If you are interested, he will make one for you. I don't think he can produce a lot of them as they are really labor intensive. The pipe is a "work of art".

Don't contact me about this pipe, go directly to Brian......

I just picked up one of these from Brian at the Namba nats last weekend. The nicest carbon pipe I have ever seen. Very light. I'll be replacing the big heavy NR muffled pipe on my raptor with this carbon pipe. I'll post pics asap.

I just picked CF Nitro pipe for NR21 DD from Brian B at Nats so show it to Rob He said Nice and very light

Rob and Allan both got versions of the "carbon copy" (pun intended) of the NR pipe that Brian makes. It is the same as the metal NR pipe that Glenn sells.

The one that Marty is talking about is one that he designed and gave the dimensions to Brian to produce. A very different animal. I got to be there when Glenn was testing one and it was very impressive.

Thanks Kelly, I thought Brian said it was a "carbon copy" of the N/R. Anyway, Brian is the man when it comes to glass products. The boats he makes are unbelievable and those pipes are absolutely gorgeous quality.

Rob got the carbon "carbon copy" of the NR muffled pipe. Allan got one of the first four DD pipes. Glad you guys like them. I'll be starting on a new batch next week.

Marty, sorry to use your thread but this message is for BRIAN BUAAS. I have tried and tried to get his contact info and have been unable to. Trying to order his 21 DD pipe. Perhaps, since you are buds with him you would be kind enough to give me a PM (if he wants to keep it confidential). And Brian, I thought you might be checking this thread for potential orders. If so please let me know! I would be interested in a carbon for my 21DD. Hope to hear from you!! TNX!

Marty, as you see I have made contact with Brian and ordered one. Should be here soon. Can't wait to try it! Since the 8 inches is critical I was wondering where you measure from. As you probably know Andy measures from center of case to beginning of weld and many guys measure from glow plug to weld....wondering how you do it so I can be in the ball park? Tnx

Center of case. I use 8 1/8 to 8 1/4 depending on the weight of the boat and the timing. If stock timing I would start at 8 1/4".

Hi Marty

Have you back to back tested these pipes vs others? If yes what gains are/have you seen?

Thanks

Regards Aaron

I had been running the S Pipe with good success and when I started using the new pipe, it stages and picks up a ton of additional rpm's. It is considerable better than the S Pipe with an engine having stock timing. That is the only other pipe that I have been running on my own engines.

Back