Carbon fiber causing radio interference?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about stand in a different place around the lake and see if it happens then. And another quick test, remove the switch, by that I mean plug the battery right into the Rx, button up the radio box and run it.

Chris,

I really appreciate it, I've got a few more things to try. I'm determined to figure it out, but at some point enough is enough lol. I'll keep you posted. I have tried both bypassing the switch and changing the switch with the same results.

Think about sending it into the manufacture to have it checked out. Why risk your boat or anything else. I had an issue a few years ago and sent my radio back and they stated the problem was a filter in the transmitter. The next time it was an intermitant problem in the module they are good at finding the problems with radios.

Bill Zuber

Make sure you dont have metal rubbing some place. I had a blind nut rattle around in a plane that took an hour to find but it did screw with the radio.

Are you using digital or analog servo's?

I had a similar problem in an 8th scale gas car when I was racing cars. It ended up being a throttle servo that was causing the problem.

Also make sure you have your mode set to PPM if you are using analog servo's ,HRS is for digital only.

Futaba has had issue's with the 603ff receiver.

This receiver utilizes one antenna , where the 603fs has two, one internal, one external.

This is one reason they have discontinued the futaba 3pm transmitter and replaced it with the 3pm-x. The 3pm will not link to the 603fs.

I hope my experiences can help.

-Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wondering if it could be the flexshaft. Different people set up there oiler sysem and I have seen more oil go towards the motor than towards the strut. Try putting grease on the flex shaft instead of using the oiler system. I to have one of Chris's boats and do not have any problems with radio or anything else for that matter.

Allen

I run the Futaba 2.4 system and really like it, 3PKS on FASST for over a year, just recently got and started using the 4PKS all with 603FS RX's. There are some things that you need to keep in mind with any 2.4 based platform. Only the last one inch is the actual antenna, the rest is just a coaxial leader. Futaba offers a 15.75" replacement antenna (part no. HSP79766) designed specifically for boat applications and I have switched over every one of my 603FS RX's to the longer leads. It's very easy to change as it connects to the circuit board via a micro pin plug connector, the whole process takes about 2 minutes to do. It also makes retrofitting these RX's into a boat previously set up for 27 or 75mhz a snap. One thing that is very important to remember is 2.4 is VERTICALLY POLARIZED which means the RX antenna (the last inch minimum) needs to be vertical. Back when I was researching the FASST system I talked with a Futaba tech and told him some people were leaving the antennas laying in the radio box he replied- "you're joking right?" I said I was serious. His reply- "are they nuts?" Also while the 2.4 does well signal wise with wood and fiberglass it does have minor issues with carbon fiber, metal and a signal reflectivity off of water so getting that last inch above any carbon or metal obstructions and away from the water is always a good thing. With the longer optional antenna I now have all my antenna leads 7" above the carbon fiber lids I make which also gets that all important last one inch, the actual antenna section, above the tuned pipe(s) as well for a clean shot to the transmitter. Just something to consider and I hope it helps. :)

This is one of those topics that makes me wish we had a FAQ section as we've talked about the longer antenna options a number of times. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don,

Where did you buy the HSP79766. I need some.
cool.gif

Daniel,

Simple fix bro, send it up to Ft. Worth, Philip and I will get it "dialed in" just for you. :p :lol:

J/K man, hope you get it lined out for the May race.

Don,

My LHS is useless for stuff like this. It might take them several months to respond. I need to get some of this ASAP.

Please advice,

JOSE

I have the radio on ppm with the 603fs reciever but, it is doing the exact same thing as it did with a JR pcm radio and an Airtronics ppm. I am not using the shaft oiler, I am just using grease like I do with all my boats. Buckshot, it might just come to that lol maybe somebody else needs to waive their hand over it. I hope to have it lined out by then and maybe we won't have 100mph wind this time. I'm hurting for some good racing.

Don,

My LHS is useless for stuff like this. It might take them several months to respond. I need to get some of this ASAP.

Please advice,

JOSE

Jose,

If Don does not sell them , Chris Rupley sells them (aka) JUICE over on jrcbd.

I believe he is the new IMPBA Dist.2 director

email Chris here:

[email protected]

Bob

Back