CARB SIZE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You didn't answer the question Brian. Re-read post #1. Big Hole's are great on the top-end.

The 9B is not the FASTEST carb out there, but it has credentials as a race winner... I would venture to guess, almost more than any other carb. I don't think it's the fastest. Doug is so right about the arm and the nipple on the 9B. I change them both. And, I've heard the same thing about the CMB carb (Rob)... but I've not tried it...

Respectfully,

DJ

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mac .510 carb that Brian runs is a geart running combo and works very well for him. I have also tried that combo and I would say top end (THE BEST)... Milling worked great with a Third channel set up. Lean it out get before start and Richen after start and hold on. Alot of work in a big race in the first cournier. I am sure Brian has a more refined set up than I. Thanks Doug Shepherd DPS Racing.

Last edited:
Ive got a greenhead in my 1/8 scale which has not done much work ,i had it since new and im thinking i should try the 9b carb.I dont get to run it too often ,maybe twice a year on race days ,i usually get the same result ,3 or 4 quick laps ,it comes off the pipe then dies, and ive noticed theres not a good finish rate generally in the 1/8 scale races here, ive tried different props ,pipe length ,plug,tank position and mixture ,i never had this problem with OPS and OS years ago ,just broken rods.

i will try new bearings first ,i was also told to wind the low end needle out near maximum,if that doesnt work i will try the OS carb.

Latest posts

Back