1/8 scale transom design

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shoes should not be in the water while running at speed. If the boat is set up right, the shoes will be above the prop hub and the prop will be supporting the rear of the boat.

They don't have all that extra weight in the back like the modern hulls do. The ski's are suppose to help in the turns. Straights it's all prop.

IF you've placed the boat on a table, sitting on the sponsons and shoes, the short shoe will still be above the table, IF you place the boat on the table, resting on the airtraps, the shoes should both be resting on the table if they are flush with the bottom of the airtraps or in contact at the same point of the shoe if they stop below the airtrap
this sounds off...boat will never run correctly

I do not have boats w/shoes, So perhaps my comments are not welcome. I do not think any hydro should be dragging the shoes in the turns. The prop provides the lift and if the balance point is correct (1/2- 3/4") behind sponsons boat should not have trouble keeping the back end out of the water. It is a moot point on the depth of the shoes as these are not listed in the MHR so cannot be used to call your boat ILLEGAL.

Lennard, with the boat sitting on the sponsons and shoes, the shoe that extends further back will be in contact with the table at the rear edge of that shoe's bottom. The shorter shoe will not be long enough to reach the table due to it's shorter length.

Lennard, with the boat sitting on the sponsons and shoes, the shoe that extends further back will be in contact with the table at the rear edge of that shoe's bottom. The shorter shoe will not be long enough to reach the table due to it's shorter length.
have u run a t6 before hj?

Back