Carb cover on gas ob

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superrod1969

With lots of us building gas ob's what are you planning to do for a carb cover to keep the water out. I have posted on a couple of differant boards looking for a carb cover from a gas rigger or something of simular design and have not found anything but a carbon fiber one that is $60. Open for ideas of other things that may work, or should i just make a plug and make a lot of them.

Thanks

Jimmy

At the moment, don't plan on anything special on the carb. Guess I need to wait and get the boat on the water to see one is needed.

At the moment, don't plan on anything special on the carb. Guess I need to wait and get the boat on the water to see one is needed.
I can answer that question, the boat won't run without one. Either too much spray from the nose or the motor doesn't like the stand off blown away from the carb. A late model homelite air cleaner with the filter material removed work for me. One of those snozzlers from warehouse hobbies might work too.

mb

Hi Guys

Maybe this will help

What i have done with the Stock Zenoah carb is to

use the existing plastic Venturi that came with the Carb

cut this in half,

then get now im not sure what you call it in the US but here

it is a 20mm 90 degree plastic Electrical conduit elbow,

glue the elbow the the venturi end where the screws go through then glue the other flaired end which we cut off to the other end of the elbow,

used PVC plumbers glue.

now you point the intake where ever you want it depending where you point the elbow and glue mine point to the

Rear

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys
Maybe this will help

What i have done with the Stock Zenoah carb is to

use the existing plastic Venturi that came with the Carb

cut this in half,

then get now im not sure what you call it in the US but here

it is a 20mm 90 degree plastic Electrical conduit elbow,

glue the elbow the the venturi end where the screws go through then glue the other flaired end which we cut off to the other end of the elbow,

used PVC plumbers glue.

now you point the intake where ever you want it depending where you point the elbow and glue mine point to the

Rear

Greg

Hi Greg,

Post a pic of that thing.

Thomas

Jimmy,

I rotated the powerhead 90 degrees!! Oh no the Carb is blocked by the cowl on the boat?? HMM? No spray shield!! I didn't say that!

Later!!

Pat

Back