CABOVER - Price Drop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just so there's no surprises, Tim, she's not a virgin. A little glass patch is needed at the back.... The syntactic foam transoms can't handle other boats that are parked in the front straight on starts (or old farts whose reactions aren't quick enough to avoid the other boat). :rolleyes: Nothing major, just pulled the rudder mount screws through.

70872[/snapback]

Pat,

Mom always told me not to look a gift horse in the mouth. Whatever it needs will be fine, I enjoy working on them almost as much as I like running them. Easy to believe looking at my boat room and garage! Thanks in advance.

Ron,

You will enjoy talking with Dick. He`s a great guy and a wealth of information. If I had half of his knowledge the F.E. world would be in trouble.

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron, Thanks for the note. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why I missed you. I do remember Dennis talking about his Mom and introducing her to me after that heat. I also remember him saying something smelled good halfway through my heat, thinking to myself how can he be thinking of food right now when he's supposed to helping me with this heat! It was his moms perfume.

It was a suprising heat on many levels. While I did run pretty fast the whole time I was excited to learn that I had set the record running lane 6 to lane 10! I really wanted to tighten it up and go for it, but I also wanted to finish and didn't want to risk doing something stupid.

Anyway, if our paths cross again the first drink is on me! Diet Coke or whatever!

Dick

crowebar said:
Anyway, if our paths cross again the first drink is on me! Diet Coke or whatever!

Dick

70884[/snapback]

LOL that proves that you at least seen me but I will take the whatever as Diet anything makes me whice :D

Looking forward to our next meeting...............

Happy Boating and Keep setting those records!

Ron

Ron

with keeping with my word sorry for flaming you but, Dick is a great person and is always more then willing to talk and help if he can. Heck he even gave parts for his boat to another guy so he could race at the Nats. Just kinda ticked me off to see someone slam him like that. So with keeping with my word

Sorry again..

To celebrate this we are offering the Cabover with transom and fin doublers installed at reduced prices.
Where can you purchase the Cabover .. The fastelectics site says its not taking orders and the boat does not show up on the fullers page?

Glad it worked out guys.. I have had good dealings with Ron but have heard great things about Dick....

Charley

Dick

thanks for your record

Paul

thanks for your opinion and passing the boat to Dennis who did such a fabulous job of driving it.

Spuds

thanks for your interest

email me at [email protected]

Ron- clearly you don't know DICK! Wow sorry about that... I couldn't resist. Isn't this a great forum with great members (huhuh I said member-read like Grimmy)? Thanks for the love

Adam

Great talking with you this morning Ron. When I get a chance I'll figure out what bearings I'm using and see if there isn't something you can hook me up with for a little extra!!!!

Thanks,

Dick

crowebar said:
Great talking with you this morning Ron. When I get a chance I'll figure out what bearings I'm using and see if there isn't something you can hook me up with for a little extra!!!!Thanks,

Dick

71018[/snapback]

Likewise Dick, thanks for calling!

Get me the bearings sizes and we will see if we cant find something that may hold up better than the stock bearings in the electric motors and who knows they may help to pump out a few more R's

Ron

Ron

This thread was the first step in getting what has been a closed business back on its feet. At the moment I am a one product show.

I do it because I like this sport and have met some great people in it.

Please if someone posts a product (this one is 20% below what it was being sold at a couple of months ago) consider the effect of derailing the thread on the basis of an emotion which relates to neither the poster or the item.

To add to list it now holds the NAMBA SAWs record at 52.54 mph. Once again piloted by who else, Dick Crowe. I cant wait to test mine. I think you can count me in for next years LSH battle. It was the best.

Tim

Ragged Edge said:
To add to list it now holds the NAMBA SAWs record at 52.54 mph. Once again piloted by who else, Dick Crowe. I cant wait to test mine. I think you can count me in for next years LSH battle. It was the best.

Tim

73762[/snapback]

I Tim, I'll second the LSH Battle! Paul and I went back and forth like mad with our LSH's. I ended up getting the record by less then 1 MPH over him. It really could have gone either way. I can't wait to get Tim into the mix next year!!!

Dick

Hey Dick,

Paul and I went back and forth like mad with our LSH's. I ended up getting the record by less then 1 MPH over him.
Sure Dick, you said you only wanted a crumb but ended up taking my whole cookie! :D You deserved the record, rebuilding the busted boat and refinishing the wanged prop took allot of effort on your part. I'll just be happy with being the first guy to break 50 in a LSH, that is until next time. ;)

Paul.

PS: Remember my O-Sport that hit the bank at 61MPH and survived? Well, UPS took care of that one for me so I don't have to worry about crashing it again. :angry:

As far as shipping a boat, I'd recommend using FedEx rather than UPS. Paul's is the third story I heard about UPS damaging boats sent to or from the LASAWs. I sent mine by FedEx with no problems....all the damage occurred in LA! :( :wacko: :blink:

Okay, what are the setups in the LSH record boats, this is exciting stuff.

thanks

Steve

jayt said:
As far as shipping a boat, I'd recommend using FedEx rather than UPS.  Paul's is the third story I heard about UPS damaging boats sent to or from the LASAWs.  I sent mine by FedEx with no problems....all the damage occurred in LA!    :(   :wacko:   :blink:
73878[/snapback]

Magic props is right. Paul used the same prop that Larry used to set the previous record in 2002. Dick didn't have a good prop so he enlisted the help of the Grims to modify another prop - I don't know what it was but it obviously had a LOT of pitch.

Watching the boats was very interesting, particularly the shovel. For much of each pass it seemed to hover on the prop with the sponsons out of the water - darndest thing I've seen. Personally I believe that both boats had equal speed, but a slightly better line through the traps and a longer (and gutsier) run-up made the difference - a crooked run just 6 feet longer would have made that one mph difference between the two boats. Regardless, it was fascinating to watch both boats trade the record.

Back