BROKEN ENGINE WITH A 30 DAY OLD BOAT

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Reisinger

WE WAS AT THE CAN-AM RACE THIS WEEKEND WITH A VEGAS DEUCE THAT WAS RUNNING DECENT WHEN THE ENGINE JUST QUIT , INSPECTION SHOWED THAT THE ROD HAD BROKEN AND WENT THREW THE BLOCK.

ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM ?

WE WAS AT THE CAN-AM RACE THIS WEEKEND WITH A VEGAS DEUCE THAT WAS RUNNING DECENT WHEN THE ENGINE JUST QUIT , INSPECTION SHOWED THAT THE ROD HAD BROKEN AND WENT THREW THE BLOCK.

ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM ?
I havent seen it before. What fuel are you running? Was it to lean?

Normally on those engines go 2 and a half turns out you might need a little more for up there, but that is a good starting point sounded like you were to lean

Last edited by a moderator:
that is LEAN LEAN LEAN.. mine runs at 110 MAX on the BM meter..

Also.. keep both the head shims in it and easy on the prop cup..

Grim

i agree with keeping the shims in it...i had removed both from one of the st engines i had,,, it immediately showed signs of massive detonation,,even on 60%.... if that thing was that lean and saw one good deto,,,forget about it,,pieces... that really sucks,,,,but i have yet to see one come apart like that,,the internals are perdy well built in that engine...bubble volume is large and shallow,,instead of deep and small,,,wonder if that has anything to do with it...deto,,that is.....

ac

Been running mine at about 3-3 1/2 turns out with 65%, sure as I say this.....No problems at all so far :D :D

65% you cheatin fool,no wonder it ran so well in MV :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now Mikey, what's wrong with him running 65% It just means he'll use more fuel than the rest is all.

Back to the thread topic:

I did the same thing with a K&B 45 inboard years ago, too lean and not a large enough load. Took out the bottom end of the conrod and the case. Since there was no other damage, I transfered all the good parts to a new case, installed a new conrod and put the now rebuilt engine into a boat. Now I just need to get the boat ready to run and all will be good ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back