Guys in SE FL Looking for Assistance

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Law

My son and I just finished building a brand new Ellison Gas Sport Hydro. I brought his boat down from Michigan to FL over the holidays and also brought my Gas Slingshot with the intent to test the new boat and run mine on a pond near his home in DelRay Beach. Unfortunately our plans took a dramatic turn when we found out last minute we could not run the boat on the pond and also his neighbor friend with the retrieve boat had to suddenly leave town. Here we are with 2 boats with no where to run them and no retrieve boat just in case. We could go to West DelRay Regional Park which appears no one has run for quite some time but are still without a means of retrieval.

Is there anyone out there near the DelRay area that can help us out? I have to return to MI on Sat am and would like to at least set up and test his boat before I go back. We are both NAMBA members. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marty
248-330-6016

Last edited:
Not sure if you would be able to access the West Delray lake. Last I heard the lake was over grown with vegetation.
I would reach out to Cutis Canton, President of the Broward club.
561-660-3552

We were out there the beginning of the week. 80% of the pond is usable just getting in and out of the launch area would somewhat be a challenge. We've been talking with Eric Canto about that facility and it's future. What a shame it's degraded to what it is today. We still have the retrieve boat issue...
I will see if I can get in touch with Curtis.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Marty

We were out there the beginning of the week. 80% of the pond is usable just getting in and out of the launch area would somewhat be a challenge. We've been talking with Eric Canto about that facility and it's future. What a shame it's degraded to what it is today. We still have the retrieve boat issue...
I will see if I can get in touch with Curtis.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Marty
Good Morning All,

I want to thank Eric Canto and James Wellmaker for their hospitality in setting us up out at the DelRay facility. We had a few hours on a beautiful day to run and test boats. The pond was very usable and getting in and out of the launch area was not really an issue as I first thought. We had a great time...

My son Matt Law lives in DelRay Beach. My plan is to be moving to Boynton permanently in the next few months. Together, with the help of Eric and James, we are going to try to revive this facility and the Palm Beach RC Power Boaters Club. We think the more thriving places to race in NAMBA District 3 the better. Our goal is to bring this facility back to fully operational condition and to recruit more club members to further the great hobby of RC boating. Everyone's input is valued and anyone interested in helping out with this endeavour is welcome and greatly appreciated.

Everyone have a great New Year!

Marty Law

Last edited:
Back