BOB TUNNY TROPHY

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ken

Want to raise it to run on 50% thats all.

Greg

Worst thing you could do!! Keep the Squish tight! richen it up a bit and should go fine.

Im running 40% in mine and i reduced the bowl volume for more compression.

by running it on 25% you wont be loosing much with a stocky, and gain a bit more reliability if anything.

Remember to finish first. first you have ta finish :D

Ken

Hey Guys

Absolutly Ken To finish first,First you must finish,

I for one no this first hand.

I just thought it would be less hassel if I had both running the same fuel thats all,

I think i might just leave it as is.

If it Aint Broke Dont Fix It. isnt that the saying

Cheers

greg

Hey all

After a great Day at the pond today,

and plenty of laps , I rekon where ready to challange for the Trophy.

The Lynx was looking great i must say.and the TS2/OS wasnt to shabby either , and as for the Villian well it will finish.

There was Also a TS2 with an SS and it was going dam good as well.

cant wait should be fun,

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Guys

Tested the SPP Tunnel today, Oh My God , Very Very quick boat.

BRO-RACING

He! He! He its a lot faster than the video now and still needs a bit more dialing in. And yep its quick!

Thankx for the lend of the lead pulsey, greatly apreciated. The pipe is still too long cus the engine is still too tight to pull some more revs. Once darren gets the hang of the engine he will show you what RPM its capable of.

good luck to all.

PS Im BOOKED FOR THE NATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Bring on the wompy NATIONALS"!!!

Seeya

Dave :D

Thanks to Tim and Greg for your guidance today your help is much appreciated, thanks again to Mark for lending me the TS2 looking forward to racing it a BOB.

Sorry didn't get many pics, I have posted some here

Here's a pic for Greg, not the best shot pretty hard work for my little camera today not enough sun light.

Gregs_Killer_14012006_032.jpg

Thanks to Tim and Greg for your guidance today your help is much appreciated, thanks again to Mark for lending me the TS2 looking forward to racing it a BOB.

Here's a pic for Greg, not the best shot pretty hard work for my little camera today not enough sun light.
He

Some nice pics guys.

Thanks for sharing.

Ronald

Hello Guys

BRO-RACING

He! He! He its a lot faster than the video now and still needs a bit more dialing in. And yep its quick!

Thankx for the lend of the lead pulsey, greatly apreciated. The pipe is still too long cus the engine is still too tight to pull some more revs. Once darren gets the hang of the engine he will show you what RPM its capable of.

good luck to all.

PS Im BOOKED FOR THE NATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Bring on the wompy NATIONALS"!!!

Seeya

Is this the purple Nemesis we are talking about?What was changed to run it so much better?

Ronald.

No Worries Murph!

Seeya

Is this the pink / purple Nemesis we are talking about? What was changed to run it so much better?

Ronald.
Ronald,

I know but I'll let Dave tell the story! It's not what you would expect.

Mexicans,

The Sydney O/B tunnel boys are ready to race! Greggy's new motor on the Villain might need a few more tanks thru it before it really shine's, but it came back to the shore under it's own power (rather than in the retrieve boat) a lot! Come to think of it, Murph's TS2 came back a lot too. These guys should figure well in the points with their "unpiped" boats! If Steve Tomvald is allowed to run his TS2 / SS it should do OK too. (Has Greg's SS motor on it and that thing was a rocket for a stocky).

MJ's Lynx is ready to rumble. You guys haven't seen fast yet!

Tim. :lol:

Yes Gents,

Steve Tomvald is running in A Outboard. 16 A outboards!! Now all gents need to do this year is build some 1/8 scale Hydro's. Gino is currently building one, and he will need someone to race against at your own club days. So if anyone would like plans or help speak to me at the BOB and you too could be running in the Murray River Gold Cup in 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been busy over the weekend with the BOTB committee organising the catering van, driver stand repairs, and a new lanching platform!!

BRING ON BOTB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Gents,

Steve Tomvald is running in A Outboard. 16 A outboards!! Now all gents need to do this year is build some 1/8 scale Hydro's. Gino is currently building one, and he will need someone to race against at your own club days. So if anyone would like plans or help speak to me at the BOB and you too could be running in the Murray River Gold Cup in 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been busy over the weekend with the BOTB committee organising the catering van, driver stand repairs, and a new lanching platform!!

BRING ON BOTB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Mate

Gotta Pass on that one. Been there done that and didnt like em.!!!!!!!!!

Riggers and tunnys only in this shop

Sorry Mate

Didn't God say on the 10th day he burned all them paddle-pop stick boats :D :D :D

On the 11th Day God created even more real hydroplanes!!!!!!!

Hey Guys

Murph,some great pics again mate well done.

Just out of interest how long has it been since this many A/Outboard Tunnels ran at a meet??

Tim I think the new motor will serve me well.

Greg

1/8 scale = waste of a perfectly good C hydro motor! hahahaha. Only kidding. Scaley's are cool. I'm not patient enough to build them though!

Greg,

I was too busy yesterday and forgot to try something on your new engine.....I'll send you a PM.

Tim.

C Hydro- 6 boats @ BOTB

1/8 Scale -15 boats

13 B hydro

11 A hydro

12 X hydro

Looks like A Outboard and scalies are up with the big classes such as P Mono

Only 42 nitro outrigger hydro's? That's surprising! The times, they are a changin'.

I wonder if the new popularity in A O/B tunnel can be sustained for more than a few events? At this stage I'd have to say it's looking very promising. The popularity of this class is good for racing in general because it is bringing new people in to the scene. A good percentage of the guys in this class have been racing for less than a year! Having a boat such as the TS2 available thru LHS's is a factor that will further add to the numbers and is a very capable boat.

It's my belief that Intlwaters.com and the way the users have contributed is one of the key reason's for the growth in the class. Most, if not all of the guys running in the class, are here on IW.

The Yarra /Mulwala boy's putting on a perpetual event specifically for the class, and Dave sponsoring it, have made a difference too because it will also attract racers from other classes. It's been good for them too - they have had a lot of publicity and interest from people who probably would not have attended.

More A O/B tunnels than B or X hydro's - I never thought I'd see the day! We're back and bigger than ever! Well done everyone!

Tim.

P.S Don't the petrol mono boys get upset when they get passed by an A O/B tunnel! Happened more than once yesterday!

Hi everyone,

back from holidays and have been catching up on this and other threads.

Tim, well said, Yes, it's great to see A O/B (and soon hopefully B O/B) back racing in the land downunder.

It's great to have the IW board and be associated with this great hobby.

Well done to Greg, Mark and Murph. Great to see Dave's Nemesis is up and running at potential.

Looking forward to what I'm sure will be a great event down past the border in Mexico.

Gino :D

Sorry Mate

Didn't God say on the 10th day he burned all them paddle-pop stick boats :D :D :D

On the 11th Day God created even more real hydroplanes!!!!!!!

yep he did but then he realised they were so heavy that he invented turbine engines just to get them on plane!

So now its back to riggers for the best power to weight!

He

Some nice pics guys.

Thanks for sharing.

Ronald

Hello Guys

BRO-RACING

good luck to all.

Seeya

Is this the purple Nemesis we are talking about?What was changed to run it so much better?

Ronald.

Hi Ronald

Now the first thing I did to the Nemesis was sit down, grab a beer and drag the nemesis out of the rubish bin. :blink: :blink:

Anyway after many weeks of frustration I began to think of when it went ok on a certain day and what I did to make it do that.

I realised the "working window for that hull was and is small and not very flexible for the lawless setup. So the first thing I did was go to this forum do a search and read the 100's of pages and take notes on all the tricks and problems.

before i go further I will state how its running now and what it runs for hardware.

-Lawless leg with modded oil holes, stock prather mount

-MAC 21 with flow mods only and no cooling at all and stock carb.( but I will be fitting a car head as soon as I emember to email andy).

-Octura 437/3 prop with 3mm taken off the leading edge, stock pitch and sanded bladed for a smooth exit. No back cutting at all.

-SPP 2005 STOCK pipe set at 8.75" from the plug to the start of the flat center section, CMB OB header.

-Prop height is 0.138" = centerline of prop above the riding surface.

-Fuel 40 or 50% nitro and MC9 plugs

-CG is set at 31 % from the traling edge of the sponsons. Weight has been placed just in front of the radio box and just a little on the CG.

-The trailing edge of the sponsons was trimmed back so there is only 1.5mm of overhang

How is run? FAST, STABLE and turns at full speed with no backing off!!!!! The only thing I have noticed is it can flip comming out of a corner as you acelerate. Slowing my throtle servo made that little problem go away. mainly due to the pipe comming on very hard.

many many thanks to Tim the MAN, marks prop help,Andy the engine man, Mike (rock on) Z, ken and many others.

The answers are all there in the posts and thanks to Mike for his help. just dont forget the running window is narow and its easy to fall out of it and get frustrated with the boat.

Regards

Dave

Only 42 nitro outrigger hydro's? That's surprising! The times, they are a changin'.

I wonder if the new popularity in A O/B tunnel can be sustained for more than a few events? At this stage I'd have to say it's looking very promising. The popularity of this class is good for racing in general because it is bringing new people in to the scene. A good percentage of the guys in this class have been racing for less than a year! Having a boat such as the TS2 available thru LHS's is a factor that will further add to the numbers and is a very capable boat.

It's my belief that Intlwaters.com and the way the users have contributed is one of the key reason's for the growth in the class. Most, if not all of the guys running in the class, are here on IW.

The Yarra /Mulwala boy's putting on a perpetual event specifically for the class, and Dave sponsoring it, have made a difference too because it will also attract racers from other classes. It's been good for them too - they have had a lot of publicity and interest from people who probably would not have attended.

More A O/B tunnels than B or X hydro's - I never thought I'd see the day! We're back and bigger than ever! Well done everyone!

Tim.

P.S Don't the petrol mono boys get upset when they get passed by an A O/B tunnel! Happened more than once yesterday!

TIM, you must have some very slow petrol monos up there :p :p :D

its great to see the outboards making a comeback!!

Yeah that thing of Daves moves along quick

PS Dave is my needle still on it?

Ken

Back