BOB TUNNY TROPHY

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hye Bucky, be careful what you ask for...most of these (us) 3.5 outboard guys have 2 boats...It tends to be hard to drive 2 at once :)

Kris,

You want try enter scale boat than, I haven't got enough pieces of tethered rope for mine. I might be interested in running one if we need an extra boat to fill a heat up, otherwise I'll be very busy CD the race.

Personally I like - Grubs "A"ussie OUT-BACK Tunnel Challenge" proudly supported by SPP for the name of the trophy. Anyway time will tell.

I think Greg"Pulsetech" is starting to see to many things in pink attractive to him after painting the Miss Circus Circus Hydro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Bucky

Last edited by a moderator:
Having 2 classes of 3.5 outboard would be a good thing for more racing, BUT, this was part of the problem with the 7.5cc class.

There was/is a stock class, and a mod class. The stock class meant K&B out of the box, any prop, fuel and glow plug. No mods of any kind allowed. All good except it meant a complete teardown of the engine and leg after a race meeting to check for mods. If any were found, they were disqualified.

Class died partly cos of this and partly cos of The enignes becoming hard to get and more expensive.

A suggeston for the 3.5 guys is piped and unpiped?? Easy enought to monitor!!

Keep is simple!!

Ken

Ken/Gino,

It pretty much is a 'piped' class and a 'non-piped' class. They monitor the 'sport' class in IMPBA by using a go/no-go gauge sytem on the exaust and the carby.

This means a TT, OS and K&B could run against each other relatively competatively.

BTW i only mentioned it because alot of us have two boats (sport and mod) as it is ;)

Kris

Hi Guys

Just my thoughts,

As long as the numbers keep growing then we can look at it,If they do and then i think

PIPED OR UNPIPED very simple,

But with these Tunnel boats as we all know subject to race conditions the fastest isnt always the best,

Id rekon on a rough day my boats will be competitive with any rocket,

on a perfect glass water day they wont but thats racing,not to many perfect days,

RELIABILITY is the key.

Kris all my boats are Stock with exception the TT mate its modded to meet Stock class :lol:

But boy subject to water conditions at BOB ill race either of mine against anything because they will FINISH ;)

lets not try to change to much to soon this class is coming back lets not disect it yet ;)

Cheers

Greg

But boy subject to water conditions at BOB ill race either of mine against anything because they will FINISH

Greg,

The water will be as blue as ever. But with the water conditions for tunnels we are in the lap of the Gods. Just remember bring shade, plenty of sun screen for yourself and the kids.

BOB can't come soon enough. Never enough racing!!

Guys, I am not for split classes, at the moment we are getting a decent entry list for BOB because many of us re outsourcing the drives of our second boat to mates. I would rather have strong heats, and lots of them.

If we want another class, stock or not, I would suggest we look at 7.5 O/B. At least with 7.5 class we would be able to run in less than perfect conditions.

Just my 2c worth!

MJ

i would definatlly be in for a piped and unpiped class

but i think it's far to soon for that atm

the ts2's are going to make a great club boat

and should preform really well in unpiped trim

there are also alot of villans and hotshots ect.

that could compete but for the moment

i think we should stick with a good thing and get the

numbers up

at least with the .21 class there is a few more

choices in engines thats what really killed the .45 stock class

would a mac .21 on a k&b leg qualify as an unpiped

engine???
Greg,

to answer your question re the MAC on a K&B leg, I don't think so!

MJ

A Villain with a sport class K&B SS won the HV champs AND another the nationals, both against piped boats........

Greg M is spot on in his comment, "RELIABILITY is the key." This goes for any class, be it A O/B tunnel or X hydro.

No need for two classes in the near future IMO. 1 strong class is FAR better than 2 weak ones. I think we should wait until we have at least 8 of each turning up to events before we talk about dividing them.

piped is not always quicker

out of the two boats that completed more than 2 laps total

for the vics the unpiped k&b was quicker than my piped os

then again the slowest boat was the one that completed

the most laps and eventually won

i proped down and loaded up with weight

due to the water conditions

but greg dont for get ur boat was a lot smaller then kris's and it was very windy

i also think tim is right we should get 8 or 10 turning up 2 each meeting then start thinking about haveing 2 class

laters dion

Anyone interested in considering (for proposal that is) a 'Sport' class (similar to IMPBA) then a full mod class??? (3.5 tunnel that is)
Remember I only said consider :D

Greg, I believe the DPi tunnel is a MUCH better baot in the rougher conditions than the Villain...the Villain HATES the rough...they just have to be too light to run as fast as they do with sport/stock engines. I also added weight to mine but it still blew off!!

Kris

Dont forget the 7.5 class

If there where more i am sure more will come out.

Dont put all your eggs in one basket(21's)

The guys with 7.5 dont forget about the spp7.5 pipes

they have woken my tunnels up a fair bit(pro and modded 7.5)

Also have a Equi and Aerotech to compare against.

Getting back on the subject of the BOB TUNNY.

I think we will be going with this as the name.

"BATTLE OF THE BORDERS TUNEL MASTERS"

with a small sponsorshp blurb hidden on the back.

I would also like to wish all a merry christmas and a safe new year.

SPP will be repopening early in January and also thanks to all for their

support and dedication to the tunny revival!

Regards

Dave

DITTO

Have a Merry Xmas all and to all a Happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you at a pond near you...................................come on BOB..............

Merry X-Mas and a happy new year to all!!!

Entries for BOB will close on the 30th December. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED, no excuses!!!

Regards,

Bucky

merry xmas all and happy new year

brett sent mine off on monday day should be there soon

laters dion

Sorry about the off track thing Dave :)

The name sounds great to me...should look good on my shelf!

Kris

Sorry about the off track thing Dave :)

The name sounds great to me...should look good on my shelf!

Kris
:lol: kris u mean second will look good on ur shelf first on mine :p :lol:

laters dion

Back