Boat Racing in Connecticut

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Palica

The thread on the Grand Rapids Club has inspired me to put out a push for Connecticut (or Mass and RI) boaters to come out and see what the Greater Hartford Model Boat Club is all about. From what I have gathered from reading on this site, the mid west and west coast seem to be the hot beds for R/C boat racing. We have a lot of activity in NAMBA District 1 also but the individual clubs are rather small. The GHMBC is a long standing and well equipped club (Retreive boat and motor, race course, PA system and a trailer to haul it all) but we need a membership boost. Our race site in Mansfield Hollow State Park has to be the best in the north east. At least that is what we hear from the guys that come to race there. We run nitro and gas and are hosting two district races this year. Our next to be on September 9th. If you have an interest, come and visit us. I'll provide directions and we'll try to run what you bring.

The thread on the Grand Rapids Club has inspired me to put out a push for Connecticut (or Mass and RI) boaters to come out and see what the Greater Hartford Model Boat Club is all about. From what I have gathered from reading on this site, the mid west and west coast seem to be the hot beds for R/C boat racing. We have a lot of activity in NAMBA District 1 also but the individual clubs are rather small. The GHMBC is a long standing and well equipped club (Retreive boat and motor, race course, PA system and a trailer to haul it all) but we need a membership boost. Our race site in Mansfield Hollow State Park has to be the best in the north east. At least that is what we hear from the guys that come to race there. We run nitro and gas and are hosting two district races this year. Our next to be on September 9th. If you have an interest, come and visit us. I'll provide directions and we'll try to run what you bring.
Hi John,

I must agree. This is one of the premier sites in the country. It's a shame boaters in the surrounding area are not taking advantage of this large, very clean, calm body of water.

Jim :) :) :)

Hi John,

I must agree. This is one of the premier sites in the country. It's a shame boaters in the surrounding area are not taking advantage of this large, very clean, calm body of water.

Jim :) :) :)

Hi Jim, It's great to hear from you. I missed seeing you at the WRAM show this year. I talked at length with Tony. It's always a pleasure to renew old aquaintances. Thanks for the plug on Mansfield. Wish I could build a small home up on the hill by the pine tree.

Back