Bardhal sport40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phil, that boat is so cool! I love seeing the old shovel-nosed boats running on the water!

Ron Olson said:
Phil, that boat is so cool! I love seeing the old shovel-nosed boats running on the water!
112530[/snapback]

Gotta have one.....Mikey can we do red as in REDMAN

Dont get all wound up that is the only one. I bought it from a guy in MI, dont know if it is still being built. I had to strip out all the old radio box and setup and re did it. I will bring it to the evansville race and we will see it run. Maybe it could be a good one to build, but I have to find out the history on it and what happen to the original.

Ill have to get it in the water to see what it will do.

What prop should be good for it? maybe it will need a 1400 prop for lift.

Phil,

The original hull was made from Tim Smith and Danny ? from the Grand Rapids area. They originaly built a wood prototype and ran it, I got the first one out of the mold, and at least 3 others were made. We found that they were WAY to light and coundnt control them. I would plan on some weight all over the hull to keep it on the water. Another sugestion would be to cut down the sponsons, so you could get it closer to the water.

Like that paint job eh ? just took some old Bardahl stickers and went to town.

Phil bought the hull from Kevin Sheren in the Lansing area, Kevin bought it from me and I dont believe he did anything with it.

My plans were to make a Sport 20 out of it, rigged it up, but never got it all figured out.

Joe Wiebelhaus

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I thought you had done the boat in the yellow paint I have it touched up and rigged up with a cmb45. Yes it is light I think it is only 7 1/2 lbs. I remember Tim Smith, didnt he have a nice Bud boat too?

Ill see how this goes, thanks for the tips PHIL

P THOMAS said:
Dont get all wound up that is the only one.    I bought it from a guy  in MI, dont know if it is still being built.  I had to strip out all the old radio box and setup and  re did it.  I will bring it to the evansville race and we will see it run.  Maybe it could be a good one to build, but I have to find out the history on it and what happen to the original. Ill have to get it in the water to see what it will do.

What prop should be good for it? maybe it will need a 1400 prop for lift.

112774[/snapback]

1455/3 or a 1455/2 to get her going......

Hey, I ran the Bardahal sport 40 roundnose. It runs just fine, smooth ride and turns very well. I do have to adjust the strut depth and or get the BP a bit more forward to get it to stay on the water better. The driver couldnt give much feedback, every time it blew off he could remember what happen. :lol:

For starters I just ran a x452 prop, ran so well with that one I didnt try anything else, maybe some other 1400 props will help hold the boat on the water.

The boat does give some warnings when it get a bit loose so that is good, we will get it trimmed out some more and it should be a good racer.

I will have it at the Evansville race we will see it run there

PHIL

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=287

Last edited by a moderator:
Back