Record Trial, Flint MI, Sept 29, 30th. Backup date Oct 6 & 7th.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, looks like you guys said it all and very well put! As always, I had a lot of fun hanging with everyone. Thanks!

Chatting with a few of our "senior" members (Jerry Betke, Doug Murany, John Beardslee) we discovered this was the 50th year of running model boats at Thread Lake, incredible amount of history at this site!

Here's some video and photos from the weekend, look for an article in the upcoming December "Roostertail".

DSCN6290.JPG

DSCN6305.JPG

DSCN6314.JPG

DSCN6334.JPG

DSCN6304.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting vids Terry!

With the speeds of boats today, Thread Lake does not look so "Big" anymore!

Glen, it was good to finally meet you and Donna in person! And as always, you can't ask for a better day hanging out with fellow boaters!

Steve Ball

Had a great time with y’all today!!! Great weather, great pond and most of all great friends!!

GQ

I agree Andy, the pond seemed so big back in 1969 when I first ran there but at todays speeds it gets small quick. The trees have gotten a lot bigger in the pit area. Here's a pic from 1969 of me running my first rc boat, I'm the one with the transmitter, John Bridge is pointing at it (I won't repeat what he was saying-X rated), Jerry Betke (standing behind me) and Harold Tuttle who worked with the city of Flint to secure the pond for rc boating activities. 1972 Internats were held there. Here is also a pic of my first 40 hydro, scaled down from one of my full sized outboards.old boat pics 002.jpg

old boat pics.jpg

Thanks, John

I agree Andy, the pond seemed so big back in 1969 when I first ran there but at todays speeds it gets small quick. The trees have gotten a lot bigger in the pit area. Here's a pic from 1969 of me running my first rc boat, I'm the one with the transmitter, John Bridge is pointing at it (I won't repeat what he was saying-X rated), Jerry Betke (standing behind me) and Harold Tuttle who worked with the city of Flint to secure the pond for rc boating activities. 1972 Internats were held there. Here is also a pic of my first 40 hydro, scaled down from one of my full sized outboards.
attachicon.gif
old boat pics 002.jpg

attachicon.gif
old boat pics.jpg

Thanks, John

Thread_Lake_-_1970.jpg

Lol! You and Jerry were the Young Guns!
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree Andy, the pond seemed so big back in 1969 when I first ran there but at todays speeds it gets small quick. The trees have gotten a lot bigger in the pit area. Here's a pic from 1969 of me running my first rc boat, I'm the one with the transmitter, John Bridge is pointing at it (I won't repeat what he was saying-X rated), Jerry Betke (standing behind me) and Harold Tuttle who worked with the city of Flint to secure the pond for rc boating activities. 1972 Internats were held there. Here is also a pic of my first 40 hydro, scaled down from one of my full sized outboards. old boat pics 002.jpg

old boat pics.jpg

Thanks, John
cool stuff John

Thanks to the FAST members and the Murany's for the work to get the event going this fall. Really appreciate what you guys do to keep the event alive!

Back