Bad news at FireFighterBoats.com

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

Well I have bad news. My kit cutter is no longer able to continue making my kits. I have refunded money on two orders that I had and will not be able to accept any more. If you know any good laser cutters let me know!

Tom

Get ahold Brian Brazer and find out ho Brian has cutting his kits.

Dave Roach

Tom,

That is a shame. Didn't Ron Olson mention a relative of his could do Laser cutting?

Or

Maybe it's time to look at that CNC router table idea again? I might have a source for some stepper motors ;)

Tim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have bad news. My kit cutter is no longer able to continue making my kits. I have refunded money on two orders that I had and will not be able to accept any more. If you know any good laser cutters let me know!
Tom,

I have a great laser cutter in Holland Mi. if you're interested.

My business manufactures stainless marine hardware and this company cuts thousands of parts a month for me.

They're great people to work with also.

If you have any interest,pm me and I can give you they're info.

Yea... i'm bummed out. I had a real nice deal with my laser cuter.... he did all the work. I just sent him an order and from that he would make the entire kit and ship it.

I have nearly everything a need to make my cnc router.... except a nice set of linear rails for the long axis. and i'm lacking in skill/tools to build the machine. I have the steppers, controllers, power supply, some short slides, and the rotozip for cutting. But i never wanted to go in production for kits. I was thinking of making servo mounts like the old grimracer mounts..... but the biggest I could make it is about 20" x 12" I need longer slides to make at least 12 x 48 to cut kits. so unless someone wants to help build my machine.... and have long slides i'm at a no go.

I have some of these from www.bwc.com but they are only 30" long so I would need to put two together to get it long enough.... and I have 4 of them but they have a big bump between them when I put them together..... so it looks like it wont work

UtiliTrak_PW.jpg

id love to have my own laser but my budget :) I don't really make money from my hobby to speak of.

so i'm going to check out some of these laser cutters.... but even that I would need $$$ to buy like 12 at a time or so and then do all the extra stuff myself.... big project. that's why my last guy was so awesome.... 1 order at a time he was all setup... it worked great.

I'm going to try to figure it out.... it really sucks as now is the time of year I usually get all my orders.... november to january I usually sell more kits then the rest of the entire year.

Yea... i'm bummed out. I had a real nice deal with my laser cuter.... he did all the work. I just sent him an order and from that he would make the entire kit and ship it.
I have nearly everything a need to make my cnc router.... except a nice set of linear rails for the long axis. and i'm lacking in skill/tools to build the machine. I have the steppers, controllers, power supply, some short slides, and the rotozip for cutting. But i never wanted to go in production for kits. I was thinking of making servo mounts like the old grimracer mounts..... but the biggest I could make it is about 20" x 12" I need longer slides to make at least 12 x 48 to cut kits. so unless someone wants to help build my machine.... and have long slides i'm at a no go.

I have some of these from www.bwc.com but they are only 30" long so I would need to put two together to get it long enough.... and I have 4 of them but they have a big bump between them when I put them together..... so it looks like it wont work

UtiliTrak_PW.jpg

id love to have my own laser but my budget :) I don't really make money from my hobby to speak of.

so i'm going to check out some of these laser cutters.... but even that I would need $$$ to buy like 12 at a time or so and then do all the extra stuff myself.... big project. that's why my last guy was so awesome.... 1 order at a time he was all setup... it worked great.

I'm going to try to figure it out.... it really sucks as now is the time of year I usually get all my orders.... november to january I usually sell more kits then the rest of the entire year.

Hi Tom

Have a look At http://www.cnczone.com/

Regards Colin

UtiliTrak_PW.jpg

Hi Tom

Have a look At http://www.cnczone.com/

Regards Colin

yea... that's where this whole idea got started! ive been there lots!

My sister just got her third laser cutter but they can only do up to 12" x 24" pieces. She can convert most files to cut them. Her prices are very reasonable for a laser cutter.

If you want to talk to her, contact Karen at http://dillonlaserdesigns.com/store/Default.asp . Don't be fooled by the scrapbooking business as they do a lot more.

Another idea for the long slides Tom...

Purchase some hard chrome plated bar, Eg 1045, and use larger versions of the lead teflon strut bushes. There available in many sizes. depending on what size bar the length could be easy over 6foot!

You would need 2 bush assemblys per side, spaced apart to ensure it all tracked square. Making adaptors to press the bushes in will be easy for any machinist. If they were split, with a bolt you can adjust the amount of clearance and drag.

ron,

check out the golf and turf industry. the have long rails - up to 60", that i know of. used to grind/sharpen LARGE reel style mowers and bed knives. foley, nearly, dual express are a few names that pop into mind. used to do golf course mechanics, used them, should be adaptable, imho. long, straight rails, we could cut newspaper like scissors, along the entire length of the reel& bedknife. also, check turfnet.com, a good site for turf links. hope it helps.

Tom,

Like Dave Roach said, contact Brian Blazer and get with his laser cutting supplier. For what he sells his Sp20 kits for, he can't have much in the laser cutting. www.blazermarine.com

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Morris hobbies here in Houston Texas cut kits for planes and I have talked to them and they will cut what ever you need if you are intersted give me a shout and I will get you guys together

Tom,

I have tried to send you a PM and an email but I guess your not getting them. Anyway, I have a CNC router and maybe I can help you out, if you are interested.

Rick Kelley

I was browsing this post and thought I may add my two sense, unless you already have your project finished. I build my own CNC Plasma cutter and Wood Router a few years ago and a great resource was this Yahoo Group called Job Shop Home Shop.

There are a lot of great resources there with plent of CNC knowledge. Here's the link if you want to check it out. I have posted questions there several times and been pleased.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jobshophomeshop/

Ivan

Hobby CNC

Back