Avenger/Spider boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad nichols

Supporting Member
Anyone out there that ran these that may have an old instruction book on the 20 Spider with the molded sponsons? Could you send a copy that would be great or tell me how much the front sponsons were offset and starting strut height. I know it's an old boat but I like them!!

Thanks

Brad

Brad, still have a 20 hanging in the rafters. Had fun racing all sizes.
default_cool.png

I have an avenger spider/avenger 20 that I never finished...each of the sponsons are shaped from a block of wood...not sure what type of wood but I do know that they use the same wood to make duck decoys out of...the sponsons were a special order with the kit (still have the instruction manual...just like what Ray posted). Anyways, when you say "molded" sponsons...do you mean out of one block of wood?

-Kent

Last edited by a moderator:
In the late 90's they switched from making the sponsons from wood to a very hard molded foam. It was pretty cool stuff and hard as a rock.

My first rigger was an avenger spider, very cool boats.

I have a 60 cobra I raced for years. stable and can handle the rough. Allways trophyed with it. I sheeted the back of those solid sponsons with a thin

sheet of ply and filled in at the bottom to give a sharper edge at the back of the sponson. Helped alot. I am getting ready to turn loose of my 60 if

anyone is interested.

Thanks Ray for the sheet, I'm still running a CF version of this rigger and never seen the setup sheet. I'll check it with my current setup.

Back