AUSTRALIAN Electric Events

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jasper

One thing about the electrics - in the drivers briefing boat collection needs to be a little different.

1. If a dead boat is picked up - best to leave it in the orientation it was found ie if upside down - leave it upside down (protects things if there is water inside) during the retrieval

2. Retrievers please dont try and shake the water out - they are sealed ( it seems so water can get in but not out)

3. Related matter not canvassed with other electrics - external loop on battery circuit to enable boat to be disarmed

Andrew,

No Dogs allowed on the Site at all...thats the same for everyone who Ski's or races model baots ;)

3. Related matter not canvassed with other electrics - external loop on battery circuit to enable boat to be disarmed
Very good point Andrew, I am always worried about the possiblity of a 'Glitch' just at the wrong time :unsure:

Tim (or anyone), If they (David and Scott) are members of the AMPBA are they covered where ever they run? This goes for myself and anyone else for that matter...

OK well at least we all agree on something now...12 cell mono and Sport Hydro. I think Scott has hit the nail on the head, there are not many classes within Nitro and Gas (only 2 right now) which are scale appearing class (excluding tunnels or course) so a LSH kinda Sport looking class would be a great option.

Cheers

Kris

I thinks 12-18 cell riggers should be a class as well as 12 cell monos. get these two going and see how they go.

Rigger kits under $100 sports hydros start at $200

PS I dont Do MONOS.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew,

The no dogs policy is a policy from the Mulwala Water Ski Club not ours. As it is there facillity and not ours we MUST respect that. (besides dogs are a pain at events like this ayway and no one ever picks up their sh#t).

And Yes if you have anything to add in the way of boat pick up / discussion of any ruleing then raise it at the drivers breif and explain to all at the same time. The drivers breif is to clarify any questions / quiries anyone has so please put your hand up at this time. (I personally would like the electrics to get involved at all meetings too so make it as professional as you can).

I also forgot to mention earlier that to be eligabe to enter all participants MUST BE A CURRENT FINANCIAL MEMBER OF THE AMPBA. Your ampba number must be displayed on you boat. (this is in the rules)

The Battle Of The Borders is an AMPBA sancioned event.

As for practice Yes there is. 26th of Jan from 10.00am to 4.00pm (this is on the entry form on the AMPBA website)

I thinks 12-18 cell riggers should be a class as well as 12 cell monos. get these two going and see how they go.

Rigger kits under $100 sports hydros start at $200

PS I dont Do MONOS.

Dave
Dave that means I'll have to build a radicle rigger same as my petrol one. No time by Battle of Borders.

Lets see how they go with the two classes they have chosen as most of them must have these kinda boat.

Also guys I think we need to move these discussions over to the AMPBA forum. Let's Support local too.

Jason,

I really appreciate your efforts with allowing electrics at the BotB event. At this stage, I doubt I will be attending though, it's all a bit soon for me. I became involved in this thread to try to get some direction for electrics at an AMPBA club level, and never expected an invitation for electrics to BotB.

So, I'll stay out of any further dicussions as to which classes run at that event. But it is great to see some genuine interest in electrics from AMPBA boaters.

Cheers,

Scott.

I wish to nominate lsh 12 cell hydro with 700 brushed motor & 12 cell mono any motor

or

12 cell brushless hydro & 12 cell brushless mono

i have 2 boats and the hydro is setup to be changed in a matter of minutes from brushed to brushless.

I also agree lets get this going on the ampba site

see u all there

Pete

Electrics at BOB

Thanks to the organisers of it for allowing this to happen.

I will chat to kris to see if i can get down there.

Lets start a registry of boaters keen to go, hull type, motor (BL or Brushed) number of cells.

Only 2 classes??? I would bring...

12 cell 700 Hydro

12 cell 700 mono (can be changed to BL to suit)

12 cell Brushless hydro

3 boats i know - i can count.

Kris i would be pushing it to get your mono built by that time. I would hate to have you enter that boat and not have it completed. I guess that i would like to see what the interest is for the electric people to attend then i will make the 2500km trip.

If we start a AMPBA club, members are AMPBA, then running the so called Brisbane titles would not be a problem. Insurance is not a problem - i said before i am the founder of a sporting club. Put my money where my mouth is. WANKERS - etc all that crap, my neck is on the chopping block if any of my players gets hurt regardless of if i am there or not. Insurance is the only thing covering me, however like all things there are loop holes. Touch wood, nothing happens. Still i am the one that forks out the insurance for the club each year. Ill put my money to anything that is a good cause, 5th place 2002 4th place 2003, 2nd place 2004, 2nd place 2005. Any how back on track, insurance for a boat club should be easier and cheeper than sporting clubs. I guess i'll have to make the phone call to find out.

LET US KNOW BOATS SORT FOR BOB GUYS/GIRLS

I want to go if there is going to be 2 full classes.

David

Guys

Ives tired the hornets nest and now I’d just like to set the record straight.

I asked if electrics could be run at BOB and the answer was no. I could live with that. I was not saying stuff you to any one in my post and trying to branch away. I am a member of the AMPBA and support it. I don’t want to have a NRL super league thing happen with model boats. We are starting up a club here in QLD under the AMPBA to run electrics and then gas/nitro.

My intentions are just to push the electric to make something happen. I have pushed a touchy topic with electric running in with gas nitro events.

It has come to my attention that it was Jason who stuck his neck out to have 2 demo classes of electrics at BOB, so because of the stir that I have caused I will be there with my boats ready to go and go hard also. I have made a promise to Kris that will have a mono completed for him and that will happen. Electric guys, now it is up to you to get there. I am traveling from Brisbane. If there is any one up here who is interested in making the trip, I am considering driving, just email me and we will go from there.

My concern is what happens if there is not enough to make the electric classes. I know that one NSW club in Sydney has a big Australia day event of its own and several people with electrics will not be making the drip to BOB. What will be happen????????

Just thought that I would clear the air.

Lets now start registering.

(thanks Kris)

David

My concern is what happens if there is not enough to make the electric classes. I know that one NSW club in Sydney has a big Australia day event of its own and several people with electrics will not be making the drip to BOB. What will be happen????????
We ran LSH and 16 cell 700 mono yesterday at a club day. They went well on the full sized course and the standard of driving has improved. No need for stopping on the course - just used the clock from 30 seconds.

The Australia day thing is definately not "a big event" - it's an agreement we have with the Regatta Centre and the local council to put on an exhibition for the general public on the big lake as part of the Australia Day celebrations that they hold in the centre every year. The water is not always friendly there - gets rough very easily. I haven't bothered attending it for a year or two - better suited to petrol mono's.

Besides - it's on at the same time as BOTB so we wouldn't hold a "big" event on the same date out of courtesy.

Tim.

Hey Tim,

I think he is refering to it as being 'Big' because Shane Deacon will be attending it and not BoB :lol:

Kris

I spoke to Shane today, he has been real busy and hasnt been on the net, he is also away for a while on European trip, he will be back before the Aus Day at penrith but that is apparently thursday, so he thinks he will be at BOTB by friday, but he must confirm that with his better half.

anyway just in case shane doesnt get to the net thought id let you all know.

I probably wont be there before friday evening as well.

cheers

Pete

Shane was there yesterday and most club days for that matter.... as were a few other electric boaters.

;)

I guess my point is, don't factor on the Australia Day thing to be any better than a club day, 'cos it isn't..... if anything the water we use for a club day is FAR superior.

I had a drive of Rob's twin brushless cat yesterday - not bad........

YOU LITTLE RIPPER.

I didnt think that shane was coming cause he had his club thing and the OS trip. Got email from him saying that there was himself and another boater going to be there.

It a personal thing with shane - last race with my DNF - was going to be a good one but never happened. Got to catch him this time.

LOL

racing rocks

TO RIGHT BETTER LATER THAN NEVER

Looks like we wont have to worry about not having enough entries and both classes will go ahead. The only thing now is we have to race hard and be on time to the pits so that everything is run smooth and perhaps we might get another invite to other events.

its up to 5 already for both

there is also talk here of 2 other people willing to make the trip.

I would love to make 2 heats - that would make my day.

Tim,

on the 11th december...

Spoke to shane about a club day. I will be done there that day can i attend, who do i ask about that. I have mentioned it before, but it is definate i will be there now. I will only have electrics, 3.5 tunnel not built yet. I am a AMPBA member. Also know any cheep places to stay in penrith, pubs, cabins. Cannot wait.

NOTE

For electic boaters entering BOB

download entry form,

on it write

Electric hydro

Electric mono

if you really want to get picky

electric 12 cell 700 hydro

electric 12 cell BL mono, 12-16 cell 700 mono

David

Hey Dave, what did i say about this thread? LOL

looking like we should have fun, and Andrew said he is already organised :blink: hehe

Kris

I am raring to go

that red mono video i posted sometime ago - its a dog. lol

Neu motors RAWK!!!!!

David,

Just show up on the day with your boat. You are an AMPBA member so you are OK to go.

Nepean River Caravan Park

MacKellar St Emu Plains NSW 2750

ph: (02) 4735 4425 - About 5 minutes drive from the pond. On the other side of the river.

Nepean Shores Riverside Resort & Conference Centre

6-22 Tench Ave Penrith NSW 2750

ph: (02) 4721 4404 - about 5 minutes drive from the pond.

Quality Inn Penrith

Cnr Mulgoa & Blaikie Rd Penrith NSW 2750

ph: (02) 4734 5555 - about 10 minutes from the pond. Walking distance to food / pub etc.

Back