AUSTRALIAN Electric Events

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DONT FORGET TO PUT YOUR ENTRIES IN EVERYONE, ONLY 7 DAYS TO GO!!!! AS OF RIGHT NOW THERE IS ONLY 3 IN MONO AND HYDRO...THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE MYSELF YET, BUT WILL SOON ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a question to all FE boaters.

Do you all have some way to disconnect the power to the motor?????????? when being rescued???????

A couple of week ago I did rescue to a electric outboard on retreival I put the boat in the tinny and the motor started up what sounded to be full noise.

I think it would be a good idea for the BOB to have a kill swich on the boat. Eliminating anyone getting chewed up by an FE boat.

Hey Jase,

The radio i had in the OB Tunnel was crap, for FE use...I have also found it hard to completely get rid of some 'glitching issues' with it. I think the inboards will be alright. Just make sure you have a good radio, which doesnt get wet.

Kris

Jasper

Safety is easy an external loop in the battery harness

BTW electric motors love to rev let them scream it does them no harm at all. Never try to slow one by immersion or to stall it - it will simply make more power and blow something.

Kris

Do you have good radios for BoB? I found my radio had a dud throttle control pot in the handset. Last place I expected it.

Bilo sell some little food containers which are excellent for recievers they just glue into the hull. Waterproof easy on and off lids. I have been using them since HV and am sold. Way cheaper than radio boxes and much more convenient. Want a pic?

Andrew,

I was thinking that a 3.5 to 4mm bullet plug would do the trick. The trick will be to make it so the boat doesnt look S@#T.

Yes i have a spankin new radio mainly for FE and R1 with SPCM receivers!

Kris

Back