Atlas Van Lines 36" Dumas kit BUILD

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mikes boats all look great and run the same ,nice wood work, neat installs ,nice paint. Super fast tunnels.. Thanks for what you do Dick :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It ran in the low 50's? Now that is a stock dumas design correct? No widening of the tunnel, or sponson changes?

Awesome work man! You can do my boats anytime! :p

Any posibilities of posting a vid of her running? Love to see it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, 4s1p, 70mm 2000kv medusa, etti 150a controller. The hull was windowed threw out and is very light. The tunnel is basically the stock width. I have no roll over problems at all. Its a quick boat honestly! I hope to have video some time soon of it. If you like, I have put a video link up below of my electric woodstuff 36" tunnel doing 64.7mph..its now doing 68.2mph on gps. I have a gps so I will gps the Atlas soon so I can give you exact numbers! Mike

Could be Hydro Junkie. All I know is it looked mighty good out on the race course this weekend! I , knock on wood, have not blown it off, or rolled it over yet. I have ran it about 5 battery packs worth so far. Dunno, but I am glad you pushed me to window out all that weight! Thanks, Mike

Yeah I saw the vid of the woodstuff tunnel, nice job! Being an old electric racer myself i just love the sound of a wound out electric motor!

I defected over to nitro feeling that it was more affordable!

After seeing your Atlas pics it makes me want to give Ol' Dumas a call and order me up a Atlas kit! See? Its things like this is why my fleet keeps growing! :p

With electrics I felt that one has a bit more control with hull balance by moving the battery paks around along with prop changes and strut adjustments, with nitro its the same thing but pretty much set in stone as far as moving things around to find that sweet spot, and its no doubt that balance plays a key role in a decent running hull.

Great build thread! Thanks for sharing and post up some vids asap!.

Was at the Hobbie shop last fall and they had a Dusty old Miss Supertest kit along with the optional hardware kit!

Years ago I was a avid nicad hobbiest /flyer, when the lipos came out and changed the game the expence of upgrading to lipos charger etc made me and a few others drop off the elec map.

Early Triton chargers were around $250 and a lipo packs were well over $100 and there was the lipo horror stories .

So I put it back on the shelf.

After seeing this thread I got thinking and checking todays pricing on upgrading to the lipo system I went back to get that boat!

Darn just missed it! But I was informed a friend got it. B)

Thanks for the Inspiration as I'm thinking real hard about doing a elec boat again!

Got a couple of friends going to Toledo with Visa cards :rolleyes: B) :rolleyes:

Back