Atlas Van Lines 36" Dumas kit BUILD

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would it be possible to see a shot of the bottom? I'm wondering about the area just behind the sponson, looks like there is a lip there on the deck. Seems like it might be there for a kind of tunnel effect? I dunno just curious...

Man thats looking good. You guys are a bad influence cause now I might go out and get a Atlas sport 40 now...

Are you going to sand the hull or are you going to paint over the epoxy?

Opio, scroll up and there should be picks of the bottom. The bottom is an odd one on this hull! I will be epoxing the bottom tomorrow, more pics of that then. The hull will be sanded after that, then primed then painted up with the traditional Atlas theme. I already scanned the atlas dumas decals, and redrew them with cadd so my friend at work can cut me some high quality Atlas decals for the build. Should be nicer than the ones that come with the kit. Mike

lol ok found a good one on page two! thanks, I see now its like an extension of the inside of the sponson. cool deal.

I already scanned the atlas dumas decals, and redrew them with cadd so my friend at work can cut me some high quality Atlas decals for the build. Should be nicer than the ones that come with the kit. Mike
The dumas decals look good but yeah, I'm not a big fan of those waterslide decals either. If your lucky to get them to slide off and put in position without falling apart in pieces they do look good and lay flat against the finish. But man they can be a pain.. The extra cost of having them printed up for you is worth it I think. Looking good! B)

Well, hull was completed and primed over the weekend. Mold for cowling was made friday night, and I pulled the first epoxy cowling this morning, it turned out great. I also build the rear wing from thin ply with foam core. So next will be triming the cowling the way I need it. I will have pics later today.

And the pics. Decided on a different route for the cowling and radio box. the cowling will now be decorative instead of the radio box top. The cowling will be fully trimed out so it will sit at its natural height. Enjoy, Mike

IMGP1367.jpg

IMGP1366.jpg

IMGP1365.jpg

IMGP1368.jpg

IMGP1369.jpg

IMGP1370.jpg

Whoops what?

Are you sure you can handle building a cabover? It's a totally different animal than the Pak, both in build and set up :rolleyes:
Thats an profie that i made awhile ago but cant seemed to delete or cancel I created that when i forgot my password so administrator please cancel out that "Ron West" profile, sorry about that. :eek:

But hey, My next build is going to be my Atlas van Lines U-71 sport 40, I had this kit under the bed long enough and thats gonna be my summer build. Its gonna be pretty s!ck when i get done with some mods I have in mind. :p

Thanks guys. The cowling will be trimed and put where required.just found out my hardware is shipping today! Oh, for anyone needing the atlas decals I have them on cadd and have a vinyl guy that works with me. I can do them in any scale. If u have other decals needed I can do those as well. Just figured I wouid mention it!

Thanks guys. The cowling will be trimed and put where required.just found out my hardware is shipping today! Oh, for anyone needing the atlas decals I have them on cadd and have a vinyl guy that works with me. I can do them in any scale. If u have other decals needed I can do those as well. Just figured I wouid mention it!
U-76 Atlas Van Lines...... I have a copy of Roger Newtons color sheet, if you need it I can send it out. How about a sport 20 & sport 40 size?

The Dumas decals are hard on my blood presure.... :lol:

RJ, I can replicate any of the simple color scheme decal sets like the Atlas or Pay N Pak stuff. Its multiple colors that will require almost screen printing. The Miller High Life set I have I drew up all those decals from scratch, got them to the correct scale, and set the file to the local vinyl guy. Now that I know a coworker has a vinyl cutter, sky is the limit! Just let me know if you need anything done. Different scales can be done, I just need a template of one scale size, so that I can size up or down based on hull length. Mike

Back